5.5 magnitude quake hits Ontario

Gilligan740

Just felt a minor tremor after a 5.5 quake hit Ontario. It's not often we experience something like that in Columbus, Ohio!

Didn't notice it, but my grandma at her nursing home did, she thought someone had grabbed her wheelchair and was shaking it.

We don't get those in Ontario usually so it was a big surprise to me.

I live in a 100 year old farmhouse and thought the roof was caving in or something.

On a related note, aren't cats supposed to be able to sense those things coming? I think RomanDad's cat sensed one coming or something, or picked the right lottery numbers or something like that.

My lazy cat slept through the thing. Something fell off the table as it shook and that didn't even wake the idiot up. The great Ontario quake of 2010 made me realize my cat sucks.

I think RomanDad's cat sensed one coming or something, or picked the right lottery numbers or something like that.

He has a dog. He can sense them. Not the lottery :lol2:

I live in Ottawa, it shook the entire city from here to Montreal and to Toronto in the west. It was the closest to us with regards to major city. I was in my car so I didn't feel a thing, until I got back to work when everyone was outside.

I just figured my car had some really amazing shocks.

As for not getting those, we actually do and have been getting one every few years. We had one a few years ago that registered a 5.3 I believe from where it started, but the cities didn't feel it in the end too much, and again a few years before that. Ironically I've always missed them and never felt a single one.

Ironically I've always missed them and never felt a single one.

I never felt the other ones either but I really felt this one.

My entire life flashed before my eyes. What a damn depressing vision that was. First marriage then my useless non-earthquake sensing cat. :eusa_wall: