Anyone want a jalpa?

Allan-Herbie

I am also interested in selling my Jalpa. Mine is not a project car. It is well sorted out by Evans Auto. PM for details.

• 9 months later...

I drove a car today. It is a US-spec car. I had never driven a Jalpa.

The steering and shift effort felt very good. I really enjoyed shifting the car. The car felt stable. I did not get a chance, to really test the brakes. The power delivery was decent.

The rear visibility, is not the best. The pillar, is the first thing you notice, when you turn around. The inside of the car, felt less exotic, when compared to other Lamborghini exotics. The inside feels more user-friendly. Droopy mirrors.

I would suggest buying the best mechanical and cosmetic car you can locate, if you want a Jalpa. It does have relatively low production #'s. I do not know how difficult it is, to find spare parts ? I assume, that might be a concern.

• 3 months later...

Allan,

glad to see you were able to drive a Jalpa. Part are very interchangable with the Countach, i.e. many are shared, I also have a parts car that if I cannot find an engine and trans soon I will part out to help others keep theirs on the road.

Allan,

glad to see you were able to drive a Jalpa. Part are very interchangable with the Countach, i.e. many are shared, I also have a parts car that if I cannot find an engine and trans soon I will part out to help others keep theirs on the road.

Is that the black car with beige interior with no engine/trans that was on eBay 1-2 years ago? Pics?

Lambolp400s,

Yes that is my third current Jalpa. I was talking to a guy that knows of a red jalpa with right front damage, but working everything else, however, he just stopped communicating one day so I am stuck with no engine or trans.

If anyone knows of any out there it would be great. the other thing I have thought of is small block V8 with a trans axle, but I am pursing other projects right now.

Unfortunately I have never seen the car in person. It went to Jacque for reverse engineering of some of the parts and then straight to the NH garage where 382 is being restored. I was in Alaska the whole time. From what my mechanic says it is in pretty rough shape, but random parts are getting harder to find and cost more and more, so at least I have that covered.