what do you think of bugatti production number ?

q8ylambo

i mean you see alot of them on the internet and i see alot of celeb have them , and we have alot of them here in middle east so i think they already made more than 300

You would think they would build more... if they were making a profit on each car.

VW said they were taking a dive on each car.

The R&D that this car required was far too high. They priced the car at what they could sell it at. they only did it to say that they could.

I'd be surprised if they make more than 300.

the SS is supposed to be the end of the production run. i think i read they are making 30 or them.

VW said they were taking a dive on each car.

The R&D that this car required was far too high. They priced the car at what they could sell it at. they only did it to say that they could.

I'd be surprised if they make more than 300.

the SS is supposed to be the end of the production run. i think i read they are making 30 or them.

sure, where have I heard that before?

Oh yes I remember now, everywhere you go to buy stuff " I am not making any money on this but you can have it because....!" :rolleyes:

The Veyron will probably end up going in the direction of the Zonda in terms of production. We'll see a lot of one-offs and special editions floating around, most of which will probably be paint and trim specials.

As for taking a dive on each car, they knew that before they started selling them, it didn't stop them from putting it in production. This is and will always be a landmark car, VW knows this and has the funds to offset the (substantial) loss on each car.

The only way they will recover those high initial R&D investments are to amortize those costs over more units. I would be surprised if they didn't build more than 450 total.

I think the plan is to build 300 coupes, and 150 Grand Sports.

Yes and at the Supersport presentation they clearly said there would be no more coupes

As I understand it the plan is still to make a totally different car once they finish the Grand Sport (although I guess they will still use the W16 engine)

The factory is ONLY going to build customer order, 299 Coupes and 75 Grand Sports (down from the 150 original number). The 299 figure includes the 30 Super Sports (5 of which are the carbon/orange World Speed Record Editions that we have all seen photos of). The factory has notified us authorized dealers that they are on the final run of about 30 Coupes which is a mix of Super Sports & Standard Coupes. As of last week, ONLY 4 production slots remain for the Super Sports. We really feel as an authorized dealer that Bugatti will hold to their word and not build more cars than what they originally planned for.

The factory is ONLY going to build customer order, 299 Coupes and 75 Grand Sports (down from the 150 original number). The 299 figure includes the 30 Super Sports (5 of which are the carbon/orange World Speed Record Editions that we have all seen photos of). The factory has notified us authorized dealers that they are on the final run of about 30 Coupes which is a mix of Super Sports & Standard Coupes. As of last week, ONLY 4 production slots remain for the Super Sports. We really feel as an authorized dealer that Bugatti will hold to their word and not build more cars than what they originally planned for.

Any word on what is coming up next for Bugatti?

• 3 months later...