Yellow or Silver brake calipers?

Memo

I'm trying to get other lambo owners' opinion. I got some great suggestions on this thread. Thanks everyone!!

I am thinking either: Yellow, Blue or Orange.

I have an appt for removal of calipers 2nd week of september so still got more time to decide :)

The calipers will be sent to the guy who powdercoated calipers for lambos before (BTW Thanks to Kisco for providing me with his contact information) I am sure the painter will let me know if anything has to be replaced or done before putting them back on. I will definetely ask him. Thanks for the heads up.

Cool, here's my take....

Yellow would look good, but meh...not very exciting.

Blue would look different and probably look good, too...but won't give it that zing you're looking for.

Lambo orange would look freakin sick with that combo! It would give the car that extra shazam you want and the rolling profile of your car would be so damn hot!

ORANGE!!

btw, can't wait to see the outcome...I'm contemplating getting my calipers painted, too, and will probably send them to the same guy you're sending them to. :)

Just to add...the Verde Ithaca looks good, too, but it seems kinda random to paint them that color.

Orange works with your car and Lamborghini seems to think so, too, as evidenced by that combo being used in the LP650 roadster...

Lamborghini-LP650-4-Roadster-22451.jpg

VI is horrible...the yellow looks pretty good. What color is your stitching?

so i photoshoped for you 2 colors to see what color you like best. one is yellow and the other is verde ithaca. with the black wheels any color you put pops out a lot! enjoy!

0911.jpg

0912.jpg

THANK YOU!! These pictures help a lot. Any chance you can photoshop orange calipers?

Cool, here's my take....

Yellow would look good, but meh...not very exciting.

Blue would look different and probably look good, too...but won't give it that zing you're looking for.

Lambo orange would look freakin sick with that combo! It would give the car that extra shazam you want and the rolling profile of your car would be so damn hot!

ORANGE!!

btw, can't wait to see the outcome...I'm contemplating getting my calipers painted, too, and will probably send them to the same guy you're sending them to. :)

Just to add...the Verde Ithaca looks good, too, but it seems kinda random to paint them that color.

Orange works with your car and Lamborghini seems to think so, too, as evidenced by that combo being used in the LP650 roadster...

Lamborghini-LP650-4-Roadster-22451.jpg

Michael, thank you. I agree, I think I will go with orange. What color are you thinking for your calipers?

orange

Thanks

VI is horrible...the yellow looks pretty good. What color is your stitching?

It is the same color as the exterior - dark gray

Michael, thank you. I agree, I think I will go with orange. What color are you thinking for your calipers?

My stock calipers are black. I'm a fan of the black/red combo, so want to paint the calipers red (Rosso Corsa) with the Lamborghini script in white (Balloon White). Along the lines of this...

8LA06897-38sm.jpg

I also have a black 335 vert with red Brembos and it looks so damn good, I wanna repeat that theme with the G. :icon_mrgreen:

335.jpg

That makes sense if your stitching is dark gray or gray that is why they did your calipers the silver color. Should look good in yellow. Any other color would not go. You purchased a car with a more subtle look, not flashy, thus doing something crazy like orange or VI calipers in my opinion would look stupid with that color.

I think you are safe with yellow though. If it was my car I would put the money into an exhaust or something else before doing the calipers.

My stock calipers are black. I'm a fan of the black/red combo, so want to paint the calipers red (Rosso Corsa) with the Lamborghini script in white (Balloon White). Along the lines of this...

8LA06897-38sm.jpg

I also have a black 335 vert with red Brembos and it looks so damn good, I wanna repeat that theme with the G. :icon_mrgreen:

Very classy looking, and not over the top....

8LA06897-38sm.jpg

Can't go wrong with black and red combo. I also have seen a black car with yellow calipers in person, it looked pretty good. When do you plan to get yours done?

That makes sense if your stitching is dark gray or gray that is why they did your calipers the silver color. Should look good in yellow. Any other color would not go. You purchased a car with a more subtle look, not flashy, thus doing something crazy like orange or VI calipers in my opinion would look stupid with that color.

I think you are safe with yellow though. If it was my car I would put the money into an exhaust or something else before doing the calipers.

Yellow matches with almost anything. Silver looks ok but also keep in mind it is many shades lighter than grigio lynx. I have seen lot of cars from the factory come with yellow calipers. I would say that's the only caliper color I have seen in person on few different cars.

Can't go wrong with black and red combo. I also have seen a black car with yellow calipers in person, it looked pretty good. When do you plan to get yours done?

Might do it during the 15K mile service...I'm at 11K miles right now. Either way, will do it after you get yours done, so I can judge the results accordingly. :icon_mrgreen:

It came with silver calipers but thinking of getting them powdercoated to yellow. Opinions? Stick to silver or go yellow?

091.jpg

Please keep it as it is. Proably the nicest LP560 I've seen...

Speaking of Memo's LP560, he was amazingly generous to let me drive his car today after Cars/Coffee....he just handed me the keys and I was like ''Whaaaa?!....'' lol

OMG, the 560 is a totally different animal....fast as sh**!! Damn! And the stock exhaust sounds so damn good, I don't think you need anything aftermarket for this car! Amazing car!

• 6 months later...

definite go for VI...... here is the photo I got off the forum... this car belonged to one of the forum members...

I would love to do mine in that colour including the SL side stripes...

IMG_2448.jpg

9922_523218240126_83503321_30848468_5821279_n.jpg