Just wanted to share my latest project!

sprite

Good things are coming :)

Stream full albums on the go from your iPhone or Android compatible device anyone?

I hope to have everything ready for the masses in a few days. GrooveShark might kill this feature though as I had to reverse engineer their player and bypass their security to get directly at the streams. Hopefully not though.

Damn how did I miss this? I have an Android OS, are the instructions in this thread? I want it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you considered building your own membership instead of using FB? I know many of us wouldn't hesitate to signup to use your service. Collecting our contact info for YOUR OWN marketing may be valuable in itself. For instance, you wouldn't have to use LamboPower to update us when new code/features are released. Obviously, you'd need to respect our privacy and not share the info. But relying on FB for membership might be limiting. I know guys are strongly against FB, only because they think its gay.

Have you considered building your own membership instead of using FB? I know many of us wouldn't hesitate to signup to use your service. Collecting our contact info for YOUR OWN marketing may be valuable in itself. For instance, you wouldn't have to use LamboPower to update us when new code/features are released. Obviously, you'd need to respect our privacy and not share the info. But relying on FB for membership might be limiting. I know guys are strongly against FB, only because they think its gay.

Facebook login no longer required. I simply had it set up that way for a week to test some things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I took it down. The eCPM on the ads were sucking and I wasn't getting the traffic to it that I wanted.

Well Sprite, some e-businesses go their entire first year with barely any traffic before picking up. This is what happened with Zappos, they sold barely anything their first year. Maybe you should put it up for at least a year or so and see what happens...?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sprite, I have an idea for a music site so I had a few questions before getting started on it...

If you had reached your traffic expectations do you think the advertising revenue would have been worthwhile?

Any music copyright issues from streaming music?

Did streaming music from another site use a lot of bandwidth on your server?

Any major issues you ran into?