Time for some college football!

Roman

That game (obviously) could have gone either way. NEITHER team showed up.... Oregon could have beaten them by 3 touchdowns as well.

There were too many first half jitters from both sides leading into the game. The team that settled down first won the game-Auburn.

Had they gone for the gusto when they were up 8 points and not ran the ball to run out the clock, it would have been ALOT UGLIER. The defense was SHUTTING DOWN Oregon every drive.

I was thinking watching that-If Bill Belicheck were coaching Auburn, it would be REAL ugly right now for Oregon. I love coaches who don't run out the clock and pound the other team until the last seconds of the game. Go for 2 point conversions when they are up 3 touchdowns. Newton only had 1 interception. Put the ball downfield, and put the game away.

I will give Oregon credit as I don't think they are the same caliber team as Auburn was this year, and they hung in the game with them down until the end. They ARE better than I thought they were-Yes. Could Oregon beat South Carolina Twice-No, could they play Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Clemson, etc, etc, etc and come out undefeated-NO WAY. They would be a 3-4 loss team as I have stated before in the SEC.

Now we can all agree that the BCS System does not work, and it needs to be fixed-NOW!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NFL Stars that will come from that game:

-Fairley-Auburn

-Newton-Auburn

-Dyer-Auburn

-Matthews-Oregon

-Forget that recievers name Oregon had, but he was good.

-Couple recievers from Auburn too.

-Middle linebacker from Auburn

-#45 from Auburn's defense.

-Fairley-Auburn

-Newton-Auburn

-Dyer-Auburn

-Matthews-Oregon

-Couple recievers from Auburn too.

-Middle linebacker from Auburn

-#45 from Auburn's defense.

Dyer is a true freshman right? I hope he's a good kid and keeps his nose clean, because if so, and if he can stay healthy, he's going to be a monster! Oregon's RB, James, is pretty damn good as well. Short, but he still managed to run pretty well.

Overall another good college season but the bowl game matchups were pretty crappy...

Dyer is a true freshman right? I hope he's a good kid and keeps his nose clean, because if so, and if he can stay healthy, he's going to be a monster! Oregon's RB, James, is pretty damn good as well. Short, but he still managed to run pretty well.

Overall another good college season but the bowl game matchups were pretty crappy...

Yup Dyer is a Freshman. He will be a Franchise running back at the next level if he stays healthy.

Jeff Maehle?

That game (obviously) could have gone either way. NEITHER team showed up.... Oregon could have beaten them by 3 touchdowns as well.

I did find one thing particularly annoying about Oregons offense that I had not noticed before.... That read option they run took WAY TOO LONG TO DEVELOP tonight (although, again, they seemed gassed by the first series so who knows)... Thomas spent the first fcuking quarter running BACKWARDS because of it....

:iamwithstupid:

Oregon was disappointing to watch last night. Auburn D-line was impressive but I think the play calling of the Ducks was their demise. Fcukin read option too many damn times. They gave up way too many plays by running that out of the shotgun and losing a yard or two then having to throw on 3rd and long all night. Every time they threw DOWNFIELD they were ripping a new ass in Auburn's secondary. But as a complete 4 quarters, the dynamic play calling we've seen here on the west coast all year from Oregon, was nowhere to be found. Oregon looked as predictable as a high school football team (which played right into Auburn's preparedness)... Basically they (Ducks) got out-coached. Auburn D was prepared and was playing lights out but STILL barely won the game. Oregon SHOULD HAVE won by 3 touchdowns. They let the hype of a Natl. Championship game get in the way of their play calling. The coached called plays like they believed they were playing against a better team than them rather than treating Auburn as just another team. Congrats to Auburn, but they weren't that impressive... Comparing these guys to previous Champions; I hate to say it, but the Bama squad of last year and the Gator Tebow teams with Percy Harvin would've destroyed this Auburn squad. I wont even go there with the USC teams..

Jeff Maehle?

Yeah. He had a great game. Not sure how he will be on the next level due to size, but he played a heck of a game.

:iamwithstupid:

Oregon was disappointing to watch last night. Auburn D-line was impressive but I think the play calling of the Ducks was their demise. Fcukin read option too many damn times. They gave up way too many plays by running that out of the shotgun and losing a yard or two then having to throw on 3rd and long all night. Every time they threw DOWNFIELD they were ripping a new ass in Auburn's secondary. But as a complete 4 quarters, the dynamic play calling we've seen here on the west coast all year from Oregon, was nowhere to be found. Oregon looked as predictable as a high school football team (which played right into Auburn's preparedness)... Basically they (Ducks) got out-coached. Auburn D was prepared and was playing lights out but STILL barely won the game. Oregon SHOULD HAVE won by 3 touchdowns. They let the hype of a Natl. Championship game get in the way of their play calling. The coached called plays like they believed they were playing against a better team than them rather than treating Auburn as just another team. Congrats to Auburn, but they weren't that impressive... Comparing these guys to previous Champions; I hate to say it, but the Bama squad of last year and the Gator Tebow teams with Percy Harvin would've destroyed this Auburn squad. I wont even go there with the USC teams..

I think at the end of the day, Auburn settled down quicker, and got focused. Oregon did not. It was plain as day in the second/third quarters.

Agreed that both teams are not to the caliber of previous Natl Champs, but I am glad for the PAC-10 that Oregon got their shot.

I think the year that Florida won with Harvin was one of the nastiest teams I have seen in a while. They had great coaching, great playmakers, and great desire to win games.

Alabama was the same last year. As much as it pains me to say it as I hate Nick Satan.

Hope they change this BCS Garbage for next year though.

Yeah. He had a great game. Not sure how he will be on the next level due to size, but he played a heck of a game.

I think he'll be fine on special teams, maybe on the Pats lol He's like a Wes Welker or Danny Woodhead (no way is he 5'9",) but I don't think he is going to be an impact player if he makes it anyway. He's a CFL player in the making. Hello Argos!

I can't tell you how much joy I took in watching the quacks lose last night. I could just hear the sound *RIIIIP* of University of Zero stickers being peeled off of all the loyal bandwagon fans' cars. I didn't see a single Oregon car flag on the way in to work this morning. Sad really. My team sucks but I support them all the same. The look on Chip Kelly's face "congratulating" Cam Newton was priceless. At least the Yankees can buy a championship. Sorry Phil.