Anyone have cane corso dogs?

el_chorizo

I'm thinking about getting my g/f a dog... she's been wanting one for a long time and I've talked to a few people and she's looked at pictures and I think she (we) have decided on a cane corso.

I had dogs when I was growing up as a kid but nothing recent.... she has though. So, I'm kind of wondering what your thoughts are if you have one... and if you know of any breeders in TX.

Cool dogs but do you want 90% of your friends and family to be affraid of your dog? It may be gentle as hell but just like pit bulls, people get wierded out by dogs like that.

I had to look up pics online but I feel like there is an owner on the forum of at least one of those. I think he posted a pic of his car or something with the beast standing by it. Awesome looking dog.

Beautiful dog - intimidating but beautiful. I found a great video of the guard dog capabilities of this breed and I'm very impressed.

Here is a picture for those that are interested:cane_corso.jpg

I have a presa canario. I was thinking about buying a cane corso before I got my presa so I looked at them quite a bit. What people that actually own the dog have told me is that they are great with everyone, easy to train, protective and intelligent at the same time but everyone will be scared when they see him. My presa is the nicest dog I've ever come across and everyone is always scared. My boxer was more evil then this guy but no one was scared of him LOL.

I love the Cane Corso- beautiful dog... I seriously considered getting one, did a lot of research but couldn't get it pass the wife once she found out that they drool more than our pit that passed away. A lot of people claim they don't drool, but my research led me to believe that they do! We ended up getting another pit... now 1 year old and super goofy. Good luck with your search... do plenty of research and make sure you get one from a reputable breeder. Try to go to the breeder to see the dog and the parents in person... I have heard of some horror stories of people buying over the internet without ever meeting the breeder or seeing where the dog is- lots of misrepresentation on the net...