The most shockingly fast car of todays run....

Allan-Herbie

you have to ask yourself....WHAT COULD POSSIBLY EXCITE ME the way this car does?

high horsepower motorcycles or even higher horsepower motorcycles like a TURBO Busa... !!!!

you are screwed cause you are at the top (or close to) of the food chain for a street car.

Allan, great vids and fun, streetable car. way to go.

i want to buy it when you are done with it..

fun is when there is enough risk to keep you stimulated..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good 50awhp more..

Another thing that always becomes soo evident at these runs, is that you start to look at getting a different car, and after a run like that you have to ask yourself....WHAT COULD POSSIBLY EXCITE ME the way this car does? Especially when priced within reason and affordability?

EXACTLY what I am going through now. I think about it everyday, and there is NOT ONE CAR I would rather have over a GTT. I guess this is why my only option is to get into another one, like a 560 TT.. :icon_thumleft:

LOL The GT3RS is Bruce Jenners right? I remember a few weeks back Kim Kardashian posted a pic of it on her twitter, apparently one of their boyfriends and Bruce had 2 cars lined up, one the gt3rs and the other a LP640. The boyfriend (mid 20's?) chose the Murcielago and the old man got the Porsche.

LOL The GT3RS is Bruce Jenners right? I remember a few weeks back Kim Kardashian posted a pic of it on her twitter, apparently one of their boyfriends and Bruce had 2 cars lined up, one the gt3rs and the other a LP640. The boyfriend (mid 20's?) chose the Murcielago and the old man got the Porsche.

My wife was watching that Kardashian show the other night and the family got in an argument at dinner, one of the girls and her boyfriend left in an LP640, looked like it was silver but it was at night and hard to tell.

Not an LP640 but heres the one I saw on the show, looks good with those wheels.

KKardashianLambo080910_09_full.jpg

I raced all the cars from a roll.. The GTR is not down on power, its Alex's car which holds the world record in the 1/4 mile 9 something at 150+mph.. I dont remember the exact times... His car is VERY fast. The GTR transmission is incredible, and the car sounds great.. I know that the GTR Alex built for PeakCompletions has taken out some pretty stiff competition even though it has less power then Alexs.. Id even guess to say that even though as my car sat yesterday its power could match the GTR going from a roll on, from a dead stop or say a 5mph roll, I dont think my GTT could overcome the GTR's transmission...

On a side note.. Props to Heffner..Once again my car performed flawlessly.. It was a 2 hour run, my outside temp showed 100 degrees at times, I was holding high rpms, running up the gears constantly and it never missed a beat.. The temp gauge never moved, oil temp etc.. and it once again proved that on pump gas its pretty much unstoppable..

You got me wrong. Wasnt implying Alex's car was down on power. Was saying even if a GTR is down on power to car X it will still give car X a nasty fight or even win due to that ridiculous DCT. I didnt realize your car was that fast on pump gas to hang with a 150mph car. :icon_thumleft:Sick. Sounds like you were really taken by the GTR's performance. :eusa_think: Could "Alan's GTR Kills All" be your next moniker :shock:

Also what should a DLM TT 1000 Viper trap on race gas? I know Modded Plastic mess-R1's trap over 140 no? Neither of them put up much of a fight.. On 2 lane straights the Plastic mess-R1 would floor it in front of me and Id have to backpeddle not to run him over... and walked him HARD with giving him a jump...

A 1000 hp Viper is a 150mph trapping car if it can hook. A Hennessey Venom 1000 [which doesnt make 1000 to the wheels] did 9.7 @ 150+ IIRC in one of those mag articles. I have a vid of a 1000rwhp yellow Viper that blew the launch on hoosiers and got sideways and still did 148mph in the 1/4. So Id have to say either the Viper guy couldnt launch the car right even from a roll or he aint making 1000hp. Vipers are old news so you know a 1000hp Viper isnt a push over for anything from a roll save the really big dogs.

I say the best guage is Alex's GTR if he did 148mph+ with the same setup he ran you with then you are making much more than 7XX on pump gas. Would be nice if you could dyno it again on pump gas to see where its really at.

Nice pics and summary, Allan. Glad to hear the TT Viper got rolled :). My last car was an '09 GTR was lightly modded and the transmission and handling were amazing. The only downside to that car is it is somehow too easy and uneventful to drive. It lacks the sounds of your typical high hp turbo car. I would still take the GTT hands down.

I know you are. were not a fan of the car, hence the Pcar as your new DD. Still glad to see this car get its props though. It is an amazing piece of engineering.

Hmmmm, Jeffrey's car, if not it's a carbon copy.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the same rims. Where is that article about Tipo showing his garage?

Not an LP640 but heres the one I saw on the show, looks good with those wheels.

Kim's sister and father of her child - Douchbag Scotts / Scotty?

Kim's sister and father of her child - Douchbag Scotts / Scotty?

yep thats him - but if thats not an LP640 then what is it? looks like an LP640 with custom exhaust to my untrained eye...

yep thats him - but if thats not an LP640 then what is it? looks like an LP640 with custom exhaust to my untrained eye...

pre lp640 murcielago

Noob question: Does the Zonda have a front lift or is it always 4x4ing it like that?

It does... and honestly that car looks really bad.... :crybaby2:

either way you look at it, you cant beat the GTR for the money!

for 20k you get a 10sec car!!

20k will definitely get you a 10 second GTR, but it won't get you a 9 second GTR like Alex's. Or at least not one that is likely to stay together very long. I don't think any of the reputable GTR tuners will go much over 700-750 whp without building both engine and tranny, and adding other supporting mods. The first 100-150 whp on a GTR is really cheap, maybe 5-6k or less; the next 150 whp or so needs a turbo upgrade and some other things so that's basically your 20k car; after that you're into built engines and trannies, etc., so probably more like 40k+ to do 850+ whp. Still less than doing a full build G, but it's a shame with OEM FI the internals aren't as durable as the old Supras.

BTW if the above sounds like I've been thoroughly gathering info to consider it's because I have. :eusa_think:

20k will definitely get you a 10 second GTR, but it won't get you a 9 second GTR like Alex's. Or at least not one that is likely to stay together very long. I don't think any of the reputable GTR tuners will go much over 700-750 whp without building both engine and tranny, and adding other supporting mods. The first 100-150 whp on a GTR is really cheap, maybe 5-6k or less; the next 150 whp or so needs a turbo upgrade and some other things so that's basically your 20k car; after that you're into built engines and trannies, etc., so probably more like 40k+ to do 850+ whp. Still less than doing a full build G, but it's a shame with OEM FI the internals aren't as durable as the old Supras.

BTW if the above sounds like I've been thoroughly gathering info to consider it's because I have. :eusa_think:

at least with the GTR you can actually beat it up and really get your moneys worth when you put that money in, 80K for the car, 40K for the mods, still about half of an entry level Gallardo, most guys don't push the limits on the G let alone their twin turbo ones......

like the other guy said I'de rather really rip through a few GTRs before I pay for a TT G.

when do you drop off?? he he

thanks

alex

The only person id let touch a gtr is chinaman.. he is the gtr god inmo...

The only person id let touch a gtr is chinaman.. he is the gtr god inmo...

Those guys are definitely top notch. Just wish they weren't on the other side of the country.