My GTT experience was phenomenal....

Kisco

Yes, tested a V8 for two weeks, sound is nothing special, no. The V8 is a slug, but still tons of fun to drive, great chassis, very little body roll. The soft top on the car seals up tight, best I've seen, no wind noise at all.

No wind noise, but you can lower the rear glass and hear the engine right behind you, right?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for your opinions, everyone.

My question is, has there been any FULLY BUILT R8 V8 TT's?? If so, where can I see the dyno data? I will check the R8 forums.

Looks like EVOMS started on a fully built R8 back in February of this year, but till this day it's still not finsihed.

for your next tt conversion would you go back to DLM? and would you consider a built motor this time around?

just curious why didnt you keep your car until you found something that you liked?

FYI im still thinking wait for a deal on a used 560 (anything else IMO you will get bored with)

No wind noise, but you can lower the rear glass and hear the engine right behind you, right?

Yes the little window goes up/down, just like the roof, but compared to my G-TT or SLS, the sound is nothing special.

Thanks so much for your opinions, everyone.

My question is, has there been any FULLY BUILT R8 V8 TT's?? If so, where can I see the dyno data? I will check the R8 forums.

Fadi, one thing to consider with a built engine is a lower compression ratio, which will dull down throttle response a little, which is one of the things I really like about the car. Talk to Heffner, he just bought another R8 for himself, bolting on turbos now, think he might be upping the power a bit.

Fadi,

I think if you want a daily car that won't give you issues, a 997TT modded will fit the bill. However, if you are looking for a toy car similar to your TTG, I think a nice 560 for now (and TT when you want to) is a good idea. Another car maybe worth looking into would be a F430 and then to TT that down the road...I think UGR has done one?

Jack

Thanks, B. My heart is still set on the 560, but if I can get in a 1000 HP R8 within my budget, I *might* just give that a try for now. If I decide to go this route, I will get in touch with Heffner soon.

Fadi,

I think if you want a daily car that won't give you issues, a 997TT modded will fit the bill. However, if you are looking for a toy car similar to your TTG, I think a nice 560 for now (and TT when you want to) is a good idea. Another car maybe worth looking into would be a F430 and then to TT that down the road...I think UGR has done one?

Jack

Jack, after having multiple high perofmrance rwd cars and then switching over to AWD, I am not sure if I can go back to rwd. I know that is backwards tosome people, but the feeling of being able to put the power to the ground and not worry about possibly crashing and/or fishtailing is very pleasing to me. A TT F430 would be a handful, and I'd more than likely have to drive around with slicks on the back to keep the car straight, something I don't want to do especially when making high speeds runs.. :icon_mrgreen:

You know, you could also buy a V10 R8 and slap the bolt-on TT kit from the 560 onto it. I'm sure it would work with a little fine tuning.

Whatever the case, there will be snow on the ground by the time you decide on a car and get the mods done. It's nearly October, so you might as well wait till Jan/Feb to buy. Prices only go down in the meantime.

Thanks, B. My heart is still set on the 560, but if I can get in a 1000 HP R8 within my budget, I *might* just give that a try for now. If I decide to go this route, I will get in touch with Heffner soon.

:iamwithstupid: this might be your answer. the only thing id be worried about is if the R8 has proven itself at 1000hp. you could be the 1st!!

LP560-4 FTMFW.

Wont be as fast for a little while, but it looks 1000% better than the R8. R8TT will be much faster, but I think you will get bored of the way it looks. You wanted looks+ power. Either way you will be compromising on 1 of the 2. At least with the LP you can have both eventually.

Thanks guys. Yes, I agree the 560 is the car I really want, no denying that, I just don't know if I can wait that long to TT it. I do agree that it would be the wisest purchase and with patience, I would have the best of both worlds. Question is, am I patient enough? :lol2:

I appreciate all the opinions and help from LP brothers.. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks guys. Yes, I agree the 560 is the car I really want, no denying that, I just don't know if I can wait that long to TT it. I do agree that it would be the wisest purchase and with patience, I would have the best of both worlds. Question is, am I patient enough? :lol2:

I appreciate all the opinions and help from LP brothers.. :icon_thumleft:

It could be your further motivation. Get the 560, enjoy it. LOL on calling it slow. I know compared to a TTG it is, but it's no slouch. Enjoy it then when you get bored you'll have the funds to TT it.

It could be your further motivation. Get the 560, enjoy it. Enjoy it then when you get bored you'll have the funds to TT it.

No arguing that this is the smartest thing to do. :icon_thumleft:

Get the LP560, hand me the keys, and I'll drive it for about a year for you while you save up the money to TT it. Then I'll give it back to you. That way, you won't have to worry about driving a 'slow' car everywhere...I'll even drop the car off at your place of choice for the TT work.

:D

Get the LP560, hand me the keys, and I'll drive it for about a year for you while you save up the money to TT it. Then I'll give it back to you. That way, you won't have to worry about driving a 'slow' car everywhere...I'll even drop the car off at your place of choice for the TT work.

:icon_mrgreen:

for all of us who are fortunate to own and experience ANY of these cars, it's a catch 22 situation.

unless we grow up and no longer have the need for automobile instant gratification (i still haven't ) owning these cars is additive. always wanting MORE. NOW!!

you have to buy what turns you on. if it's speed, sound or look at me factor, the G TT is one of the cars at the TOP of the pile. and once you have been to the top it's hard to come down.

several years ago, i ordered a R8 V10 spyder. my dealer told me that there weren't going to build any but i would be first on the list if they did.

unfortunately, now that i have seen them and spent time with a G spyder, i don't want the R8. not that the G is perfect. (i find that my max in the car is about an hour before my back hurts) i don't care for the sport mode, full throttle, E gear upshifts either and even tho the R8 MIGHT be a better car the G fills my needs and it turns me on.

the funny thing is that i live in a ferrari town and there are only a few lambos. my gf liked the 430 that we had but doesn't care at all about a yellow lambo spyder. go figure.

it's ALL personal preference.

the 997TT is like an old friend, fun car but boring looking.

GTR is kick ass, great bang for the buck but soulless unless you drive it hard and not great looking.

Plastic mess-R1 looks like every other POS but does have some FUN factor. (Zeee R one)

the mcLaren is an acquired taste but could be interesting.

being content with what you have is important. i have a AMG SL that i love to burn rubber with. ( i giggle like a school boy.. plus it's luxurious and a convertible)

the cars that you have discussed are all very special and we are lucky to be able to purchase them.

one final note, no matter what fun cars are in my garage, on a most sunny days, i walk right past them and get on a high performance motorcycle. absolute BEST bang for the buck, pretty much no better instant gratification, especially in traffic that's moving.

once an Illinois state trooper followed me at night and after some weaving and speeding he stopped me. i was respectful and he could see that i wasn't a kid and when i told him that i ride FASTER than traffic because it's safer. he understood and after he checked to make sure that the bike wasn't stolen, he let me go. (i was stopped for speeding 5 times the first year i owned my first hayabusa)

speaking of motorcycles, motorcycle track days are even MORE fun that most cars on the race track. the ultimate thrill with just the right amount of risk thrown in. point is, i highly recommend track days, cars or motorcycles, at least until they outlaw them.

whatever you purchase i am sure that it will be fun..

good luck and enjoy it ..

Thanks guys. Although the 560 is the car I really want, I just might give something else a try in the meantime to satisfy my freakish performance needs. There are plenty of cars I am starting to look at and I am not gonna sit here and bore you (and drive you crazy given that I am very indecisive) with what I might get. Once I get whatever, I will let you know. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks again. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks guys. Although the 560 is the car I really want, I just might give something else a try in the meantime to satisfy my freakish performance needs. There are plenty of cars I am starting to look at and I am not gonna sit here and bore you (and drive you crazy given that I am very indecisive) with what I might get. Once I get whatever, I will let you know. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks again. :icon_thumleft:

dont let fadi fool you guys he has a hard on for this car

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8466/cars043.jpg