Tom Nelson Question

NiroLambo

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board. I have a question for all of you seasoned members. I am considering purchasing a gallardo and I am thinking about hiring Tom Nelson owner of NRE Racing to do a fully built twin-turbo setup. What are your opinions, likes/dislikes about Tom Nelson and NRE?

Thanks in advance for your time.

I just googled/youtube NRE and they look like they do a ton of muscle cars, didnt see any exotics except for the mosler. Heffner would be a smart move, but you never know Nelson could be the next best thing.

Don't know Tom Nelson, but Underground racing and Heffner have done many TT upgrades to Gallardos with great success, so I might be more inclined to go with one of them.

http://www.undergroundracing.com/

http://heffnersperformance.com/

Yep UGC and Heffner are no doubt the way to go! If you are looking for more of a smaller scale nice bolt on power boost I know that Doug Levin Motorsports has done quite a few cars as well.

Tom Nelson has been around for a long time, has a great reputation, and really knows his way around pushrod small block and big block engines. However, in my opinion, if you are going to modify a Gallardo then I would go with the guy that has the most experience and has been doing it the longest, as I did.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board. I have a question for all of you seasoned members. I am considering purchasing a gallardo and I am thinking about hiring Tom Nelson owner of NRE Racing to do a fully built twin-turbo setup. What are your opinions, likes/dislikes about Tom Nelson and NRE?

Thanks in advance for your time.

I know Nelson from the 3S community but don't think he has much, if any, experience with Lamborghinis. He really knows his stuff but I would leave this one to Heffner or UGR.

Tom is about the baddest of the Bad when it comes to small and big block chevy and dodge. He is the one building the new supercar motor. 1600HP

http://www.automotto.org/entry/maxximus-g-...-3-new-records/

I would agree that it would probably be best to send it to Heffner or UGR but if Tom is willing to take on the challenge and has the ability to tune the beast then you cant go wrong with Tom. His fabrication and inovations are nothing short of spectacular. He is sure to raise the bar if you give him free reign.

I know Nelson from the 3S community but don't think he has much, if any, experience with Lamborghinis. He really knows his stuff but I would leave this one to Heffner or UGR.

I'm sure he could build something amazing as far as the hard parts go, but building the motor and making the e-gear (assuming it is) work and live is another story.

Why would you want to be a guinea pig when there are established builders out there with a great reputation and lots of experience building trouble free TTG's such as Heffner.

Nelson may be great with American V-8s, I don't know, not my world, but I see nothing on his website about any experience with Lamborghini. If I were building a Ford, Chevy or Dodge I may consider him, but if I wanted a TTG I'd send it to Heffner.