a Countach in Sydney

Jota1995

^ are you serious? Sure the wheels arn't standard but that's about it. This car along with another Countach were at a club meet so ignoring my own ability to spot kit I don't think the club would have allowed a kit to park with all the real ones. I took this at the end when the cars all left.

its not a kit. Its a QV. It has since been repainted yellow after an accident.

It may be the quality of the video that indicates a terrible sound.

its not a kit. Its a QV. It has since been repainted yellow after an accident.

It may be the quality of the video that indicates a terrible sound.

It sounded exactly like that at the time. The mic only distorts under extreme conditions like when holding it against a nightclub loudspeaker! There was seemingly no typical V12 howl about it at all which suprised me a lot too, but it was loud. Loud like a pack of harley davidsons. Actually if you listen carefully you can actually hear a slight howl. There are vid's on youtube with a similar engine tones, but this one sounded overly brash, maybe some kind of custom exhaust?? Like I said, very bad manners!!

Sad to hear it was involved in an accident, it looked stunning that day. IIRC the owner had wheels made up so he could fit Diablo sized tyres on it. What colour is the interior now?

To all you non believers some vid of it and another idling. I agree it is not the most beautiful sounding exhaust but it's still a Countach V12.

and some crappy pics from that day of the car:

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

c3.JPG

c4.JPG

c5.JPG

and a Miura S :monkeyleft:

m1.JPG

Abolfaz eats his words!

If it's real then certainly. One thing we can all agree on, that's the worse sounding ct I've ever heard.

There's no "if" about it. I don't come to this board to BS. Agreed on the worst sounding but I thought there must be others out there with the same exhaust setup, I guess not!

Sound like a turd.

Horrible shifting.

Rims make it look like a kitcar

It now has original rims and is yellow with red interior (original). I'll find some pictures. The exhaust was custom made in Sydney. They sound the best with ANSA sports. If you look at previous photos posted there was a 5000S parked next to it that sounds fantastic with an ANSA sport. Photo's were from the club's last display day at Darling Harbour Sydney in 2003. The Miura in the photo's and a mix of others will be at a concourse in Manly this Sunday 10/10/2010.

IMO it is not a 60 degree firing order. It is 90 degree. With all characteristics of a poorly built small block Chevy or Ford.

It now has original rims and is yellow with red interior (original). I'll find some pictures. The exhaust was custom made in Sydney. They sound the best with ANSA sports. If you look at previous photos posted there was a 5000S parked next to it that sounds fantastic with an ANSA sport. Photo's were from the club's last display day at Darling Harbour Sydney in 2003. The Miura in the photo's and a mix of others will be at a concourse in Manly this Sunday 10/10/2010.

So does it still have the same exhaust or has it been fixed? Yellow with red interior, ummm post pics if you can thanks.

So does it still have the same exhaust or has it been fixed? Yellow with red interior, ummm post pics if you can thanks.

the exhaust has been changed. I will find some pics soon

• 1 month later...