2003 $105k Anyone know this car?

Wow, looks good and price is perfect. I personally love this color...same as mine. Some people love loud colors like Yellow, orange, etc but this car is loud enough in terms of looks without having to paint it in a loud color.

I would call the seller and find out where the clutch and service was done. Have him fax you the copies of the paperwork and then call the service department to confirm. I would also run the VIN to see what comes up. Then if price and everything is a go get it PPI'd and you are set!

Your friend will absolutely love this car! Good luck!

I talked to this guy today, it seems even more suspect now. Apparently he has a "friend" that does all the service work including the clutch that was mentioned to be new. I have not researched the area yet but i was also told that there was no Lambo dealer near buy. His ad states that he has to sell it and today he was telling me that he really did not have to sell it. Basically i am getting the feeling that there is no service history and it may be hard to obtain a PPI due to his location. If the car does exists it may be a good deal even if the paper work is not all there. I feel like this is one of those cars that you might want to stay away from despite the price. If anyone has anymore info on this car or any insight at all i would appreciate it.

Looks like the car that I saw SHAZAM rattle canning in the parking lot up in Tahoe at the Giro. It was the same color and the miles seem similar. That said, there were a lot of cars in that color combo that year. Looks nice though, would not buy it without sending a mechanic out to check it. Be the best thousand bucks you have ever spent likely. Good luck with it if you buy.

Looks like the car that I saw SHAZAM rattle canning in the parking lot up in Tahoe at the Giro. It was the same color and the miles seem similar. That said, there were a lot of cars in that color combo that year. Looks nice though, would not buy it without sending a mechanic out to check it. Be the best thousand bucks you have ever spent likely. Good luck with it if you buy.

LOL yea I remember that as well..I was there and could not believe he was spray painting the rockers in the parking lot with Cryola spray can!!

I am not sure if it is that car..BUT price ALONE tells you its to good to be true..this car should be closer to $120K

I have a silver 2004 priced at #129K...and it is ALL there..

This isn't Shazam's old POS. I wouldn't write the car off, it's priced right for it's age, color and miles. The car was for sale a while back in Ca, the dealer that had it isn't exactly known for 10/10 cars, but I wouldn't let that scare you. Spend the money on a proper mechanic to fly out and look at it.

This isn't Shazam's old POS. I wouldn't write the car off, it's priced right for it's age, color and miles. The car was for sale a while back in Ca, the dealer that had it isn't exactly known for 10/10 cars, but I wouldn't let that scare you. Spend the money on a proper mechanic to fly out and look at it.

Wow. You guys are making me feel like I paid way too much for my 03! Oh well, I still love her. I guess that means I just need to drive that much more. :-)

You're all also freaking me out about resale....nearest lambo dealer is 4hrs away in Houston. Speaking theoretically (cuz I'm not selling any time soon anyway), is it kosher for a seller to get a ppi done and then distribute that information to each potential buyer? Or would people just continue to insist on paying for their one ppi anyway, since they might assume the ppi offered by the seller is not legit? Just curious. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

Well, I wouldnt touch it without the PPI, seems odd to me.

Maybe Albofaz will chime in on this one in 3..2..1..lol

Albofaz!!!!.....Albofaz!!!!..... Albofaz!!!!

Albofaz is an uber authority on everything Lamborghini!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

The plot thickens...

So if you google his phone number you find this site, which appears to be a Lambo "Experience" program, and a place to get your grad pics taken in front of a Lambo (why?)

http://lamborghinidrivingschools.com/services.html

So one should assume this car has been driven hard, and driven poorly.

"Never been wrecked by myself". HAHAHAHA what a funny thing for a Lambo Experience School owner to say. "Never been wrecked by myself.... but abused by hundreds of angsty teenagers!"

Run far, run fast! You'll have a better result looking at Roy's cars.

The ad looks like a 12 yr old kid wrote it. See if somebody local can arrange a time to look at it. Smells like a scam to me.

Not exactly a 10/10 car from the previous dealer/seller.....so the car is not exactly a 10/10 car..and as that I agree probably priced close..and will cost money to get it right..

But a DECENT 2003 car, in the correct color, correct service records and as close to 9.5/10 as you can get for the age...not going to be 105K...just asking for trouble at that price.

...just asking for trouble at that price.

There seems to be less than 500 miles on the car since it was last for sale in Ca, if the colors work for you then I'd gamble the price of airfare to see it in person.

As far as ppi's are concerned and a seller having one done before hand then giving it out to prospects, it's a complete waste of time. In the yachting world our version of a ppi is called a survey, you don't buy anything without one. Whether a survey or a ppi you would always want it done by an independant third party, usually chosen by the buyer, not the seller.

After seeing the link about the driving school i think i am going to stay away from this one. Just a few miles with an idiot behind the wheel and you could end up with a smoking pile, especially since it has admittedly been serviced by a "friend' mechanic in the bis. not a dealer. Thanks for all the help.

You should show serious interest and move on a PPI, then see what he says. I bet this is a scam. I have seen ads like this before, if it's too good to be true...

I had a ppi done on my diablo, by a shop of my choosing. waste of time and money. I will never buy another car without looking at it myself, fly up there and take a mechanic with you.

I had a ppi done on my diablo, by a shop of my choosing. waste of time and money. I will never buy another car without looking at it myself, fly up there and take a mechanic with you.

I would have to concur. But, I also saw my Diablo in person, had a reputable shop do a ppi, and I still had problems. No guarantees on older cars.