Pulling the trigger

docmil488

I have decided to get a gallardo and I am about to close the deal. Does anybody know of this car? What about the dealership? I am getting some strange answers from the seller. When i asked if he could get it to a lambo dealer for a ppi he told me a mechanic could come to his lot and inspect it but he was unable to drive the car of the lot to get it to a lambo dealer. That just sounds fishy to me. I never heard of a dealer unable to "put any miles on the cars". If the guy is legit but still will not get it to a dealer what should i do? Maybe hire a lambo tech to go out and look at it? Anybody know of one in the N.J/N.Y area?It looks like the car only had 5K miles on it from 04 to 07 than in 08ish the owner put about 30K on it in a year. It may have been repoed, no real good records, no idea if clutch has been replaced or not. I am able to get him to give me a good price on it so it should be worth it. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Lambor...3a24927bd#v4-32

Tell him no ppi=no deal. Yellow 04 6 speed manuals are not hard to find. Plus I maybe could understand if the car had low miles that maybe he wouldn't want to put miles, but this has a shitload of miles on it already.

A knowledegable tech with a lambo computer could tell you a lot about the car, but I don't know if he could fully PPI it. Others may be able to tell you better on that.

i would offer 75K if it passes ppi with those miles if it is accident free and has a clean title.

not the first time for someone not wanting to drive the car to another location. Most reputable places will work with the buyer.

In these times of a buyer's market, you would think that he would be more accommodating.

$75K provided it passes inspection sounds good. You must not skip this step of an inspection.

With all the cars out there for sale why bother with this one... No PPI, no sale. 34k miles and he's scared to put a few more on it? Bullshit... If you have to have this one, then tell him you'll have it flatbedded to the dealer for the PPI, if he still says no, I'd walk. There's no shortage of them for sale.

Did you see Blue-V10's for sale in the classifieds? I don't know if he's sold it yet or not, but it's a gorgeous color, the same year and price, and only 14K miles.

I agree with everyone, i hate the high mileage on this one but l liked the fact that i was going to get in a G for 80K That was leaving me with some cash for rims and other mods. I can't seem to find a yellow 6 speed with a glass bonnet for less than 92K

I agree with everyone, i hate the high mileage on this one but l liked the fact that i was going to get in a G for 80K That was leaving me with some cash for rims and other mods. I can't seem to find a yellow 6 speed with a glass bonnet for less than 92K

I assume you've already seen this one?

2004 yellow 6-speed Gallardo with glass bonnet, 560 front bumper, $75K. Has 46K miles, though.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...;standard=false

i wounder what re sale will do on a 55K or more car if i bought the one mentioned above? It seems even with high miles 65-70K would be the bottom

i wounder what re sale will do on a 55K or more car if i bought the one mentioned above? It seems even with high miles 65-70K would be the bottom

100% PPI as many said no PPI no deal, high miles wouldn't scare me, look up mobile.de auto trader website from Europe, they have Gallardo's listed with 50k to 70k miles, quite a number of them, most of these cars aren't garage queens,

we also have some members that clocked up a lot of miles on their cars and the cars are still running strong.

just make sure that it's a good car that was always looked after, the safest way to tell is to have a PPI done by an expert, if the dealer seems shoddy and avoids answering questions I would walk, spend few grand more for peace of mind if

you have to and deal on your terms.

Good luck with your purchase.

...I liked the fact that i was going to get in a G for 80K

This is what many buyers first think including myself when I was looking. Then you realize you really have to spend a little more to get the right one. Go with your instinct on something being fishy with the dealer, you are probably dead on. Good luck!!

I live 15 minutes from the dealer...And let me say this - STAY AWAY FROM THE DEALERS ON RT46!!

As others have said: This is NOT the car you want.

However, if you REALLY want someone to look at it, try Steve at Arena Motors in Lodi/Hasbrouck Heights. Or Cosmo at Corsa Motors in Englewood.

I say move on. There are other cars out there. Hey, what about BlueV10? He had listed his car in the classifieds, and that car is a one owner, NO stories car.

Hey, what about BlueV10? He had listed his car in the classifieds, and that car is a one owner, NO stories car.

:iamwithstupid:

Definitely worth having a look.

+1 on BlueV10s car. If I was buying a G, that would be the one I'd get...heck I thought about 'downgrading' from my Superleggera so I'd have some extra cash.

Listen to the guys on here new guy - trust me. Avoid that place if people are telling you to, and trust your gut. Don't pull the trigger on something unless you're certain. We've all been there (I've been check in hand once and turned around and said no at the last minute).

No PPI, No deal.

With all the cars out there for sale why bother with this one... No PPI, no sale. 34k miles and he's scared to put a few more on it? Bullshit... If you have to have this one, then tell him you'll have it flatbedded to the dealer for the PPI, if he still says no, I'd walk. There's no shortage of them for sale.

Did you see Blue-V10's for sale in the classifieds? I don't know if he's sold it yet or not, but it's a gorgeous color, the same year and price, and only 14K miles.

I would second going with this car instead. The color is better(opinion only), lower miles, and he seems like a really good guy(read the for sale thread) unlike the dealership your working with. If I was in the market right now I would buy Blue-V10's in a heart beat.

i drove by this place a few weeks ago, as Turbo mike said if you really want this car call steve at arena motors he is about 15 minutes away from that dealership he fixes Lambo's all day long so he knows his stuff.

Arena Motors

Steve cell #

845 721 5405

Good Luck.

Thanks everyone for quick good responses. It's nice to know there is a good group of people out there ready to help and share the way you guys are. Look forward to owning one soon. I will report back.

IMO... I would distance myself from all '04 Gallardo. Most were press release or intro cars. May explain the "few"extra miles and the hesitation for PPI. Just a thought......