Allan-Herbie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bentley Brooklands?

I test drove one last week...........very disappointing. My mistake, I guess I was thinking more 6 series coupe....drove like a battle ship. Though it still looks great. Plus I felt I should be doing lines of coke while driving....too over the top for me. Felt like I was in a rap video......

Was considering an Jaguar E type 1.5 series with the 4.2 litre engine....but with a second kid coming that is not happening. So 4 seaters are a go. Actively looking for an old beater H1 soft top and a driver 71 Mercedes 280 SE 3.5.

I had a regular wrk that I modded with sit parts,that car was so much damn fun in snow storms. Me and some friends in there wrx's and awd turbo eclipses would drive up the canyon here in Utah right before a giant blizzard,wait it out at one of the nice hotels until it had dumped a ton of snow and they had closed the canyon down and then we would all turn on our bright ass HID fog lights and have a train of 5 or 6 cars we would e brake drift and run sideways down a 10 mile long snow filled canyon in the middle of the night. Shit was scary at times but there was nothing like the noise of a cat-less upgraded turbo wrx roaring down the canyon at 2AM.

uurrgghh truly jealous of you!! This would be an amazing way to spend an evening with a few car buddies. Very clever use of weather patterns and road blocks! :) A very good friend of mine had a 2005 STI for a few years, with BPU mods, and he would let me drive the car as often and as hard as I wanted. We did something similar close to my cottage (next to a ski hill). We'd drive up and down that perfect country road at night, it had super tight bends that were very challenging to do in a rallye driver fashion. :) Great times. I miss that car...it was so much FUN...not the fastest, certainly not the most beautiful, but so much FUN...plus, as you said, that oh-so amazing turbo Subaru wail in the middle of the night in the winter is priceless.

I have yet to drive the newer gen STIs though...I just hope they are as fun as the sedans were. The hatch looks much better, less ricer, and a hutch is always very useful. I can't think of any better car for my lifestyle (skiing, mountain bike, road bike, car fan...). It's semi-comfortable, fast enough, involving to drive, reliable...and with an upgraded sound system, combined with the new interiors, can almost be "luxurious" :lol2: In a year or two, depending on bonuses, it's in the plans...

Guest Rob Burgundy

I Agree,I think with some minor mods the hatchbacks can look pretty sweet. It was really reliable too! Only thing I ever had to replace was the viscious coupling in the awd system from doing some awd spinning doughnuts in a rain filled parking lot. I drove it very hard and it took what ever I threw at it.

i would like to build a pro street '59 caddy eldo biarritz verty, tubbed with a 540 bowtie block punched out to 572 cu in. with a 1050 dominator. unfortunately, as soon as i started cutting it, it would be worth half as much. on top of that, a very classic car would be ruined..

3928028575_d70d1129d3_z.jpg

1276191222_d54723817c_b.jpg

59_cad_untitled.bmp

1959_Cadillac_Eldorado_Biarritz_Convertible_white_rear_lr.jpg

imagesCAZS2EEW.jpg

Evolution 8/9 , no interior , cf doors,fenders,bumpers etc , sequental gearbox , roll cage , ASS 850-1000hp engine . 1000hp@1000kg ish should be fun

Doing research now on Cobra replicas for my 15 year old son and I to do!

Awesome man! Great minds think alike. I have to believe that those are memories you will both cherish to the end of your days. I briefly looked into it and settled on the factory five kit with a Ford racing 518 (I think) big block. It was 600hp with warranty for about $6k.

Awesome man! Great minds think alike. I have to believe that those are memories you will both cherish to the end of your days. I briefly looked into it and settled on the factory five kit with a Ford racing 518 (I think) big block. It was 600hp with warranty for about $6k.

factory fives are cool.

they told me if i built one that i should use a small block, big horsepower motor because the car would have better balance.

kind of like how a stock busa has a motor from God but a turbo will work well, especially if you extend the swingarm..

If were talking about classics Id love to do a Lincoln continental..

DO WANT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-Con...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I've been wanting to build one of those for a long time :icon_thumleft: Just found this 63 not to far from me that would be an awesome start for a project, just don't have the room or the funds for it right now.

I've been wanting to build one of those for a long time :icon_thumleft: Just found this 63 not to far from me that would be an awesome start for a project, just don't have the room or the funds for it right now.

Been there done that, I got tired of chasing the hubcaps down the street each time I made a hard turn.

Thanks for the tip!

They have a terrible website but, they make THE best Cobr@ replica in the world. So good even the grumpy old man buys bodies and frames from them. Their suspension etc... is super cool stuff.

PM me if you want any more info on that subject.