The making of the Sir Mix-a-Lot song "Carz"

TommyJames

They are both seniors in high school so you're going to have to wait a bit. Really great kids, lots of fun on the shoot too.

IMG_1920_Reduced.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know anything about cameras, this is one to have!

I don't know anything about cameras and that still looks like the one to have!

Pretty hard core looking.

Go to www.RED.com. The camera was created by Oakley when he sold his company. It's really caught on in movie making. Expensive as hell when you add all the components, but it creates some of the best looking film in the industry. I think that setup you see is around $70k worth of stuff.

They are both seniors in high school so you're going to have to wait a bit. Really great kids, lots of fun on the shoot too.

daaaaaamn.jpg

The speed record setting SSC Ultimate Aero came out as it's mentioned in the lyrics. I hit 198 on the strip. I managed 178 in the same length.

_DSC2040_Reduced.jpg

The airplane shot was particularly tricky. The idea was to have all three rolling together low in the exact same formation so we had to determine at what point the plane would say "go" and the two matching Ferraris would be down the runway at high enough speed to sync with the plane and still have time for the shot. The numerous attempts took the longest to shoot and there were loud cheers when we finally got the shot, all for a few seconds of footage, but you will see in the video, it's worth it.

Anthony was over tonight to work on the event for Saturday and I'm doing a short video introduction. I was looking up some trivia about him and neither of us knew this, but he's the last artist to hold Billboard's #1 position in Seattle and that goes back to 1992. He didn't know it either. It's not like him to pay much attention to this stuff. He'd rather play with cars.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/195740.asp

In these shots there was a helicopter shooting straight down. Anthony's hat is on the ground and the car flicks the hat out of the center. It actually worked but didn't get used in the video. Larry went through an entire set of tires just shooting this sequence.

DSC_0422_6.JPG

DSC_0427_5.JPG