Gran Turismo 5.. . who's getting it?

Smoky

you have to get the oil change BEFORE you drive the car?

Nope. You can do it whenever. The first oil change you do will just bump the cars power, after that it stays steady unless the car starts losing horsepower, then you need to get another oil change. All the cars I mentioned, I drove quite a bit before getting that oil change (And it didn't even look like they needed it), but my friend told me to get an oil change and it worked...apparently it's been like that for a few Gran Turismo's now. (Some of my cars were fully modded before the oil change, it still gave me the HP boost)

Also wash the car to reduce drag every so often, if you notice your car is drastically slower and you've made an oil change, it oculd be that it needs to be washed.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. You can do it whenever. The first oil change you do will just bump the cars power, after that it stays steady unless the car starts losing horsepower, then you need to get another oil change. All the cars I mentioned, I drove quite a bit before getting that oil change (And it didn't even look like they needed it), but my friend told me to get an oil change and it worked...apparently it's been like that for a few Gran Turismo's now. (Some of my cars were fully modded before the oil change, it still gave me the HP boost)

Also wash the car to reduce drag every so often, if you notice your car is drastically slower and you've made an oil change, it oculd be that it needs to be washed.

thats quite funny actually.

I'm getting it this week to go with my new TV.

I got the Move controller and was all geeked up about playing Call of Duty with the full gun attachment and the fcuking Move start button wont work so gotta exchange the damn thing and no one has them! Pissed!

Since i'm only getting Bronze and Silver and not really trying for Gold, they aren't so bad, but if I were going for Gold, a controller wouldn't cut it.

You havent experienced frustration until you get to the B Spec version of the Classic Race Car series race on Cote' D Azure. Took my driver about 2.5 hours of straight playing and I had to look for advice online on how to beat it (car setup). Your driver will clip the same corner 99 times out of 100 if you arent careful and will not win the races. Its fcuking horrific. Even with a good setup on your car (Toyota 7 race car) you still have to coach every second of your driver and get lucky. You do get a cool classic Alfa thats pretty fun to drive when you win though....

Since i'm only getting Bronze and Silver and not really trying for Gold, they aren't so bad, but if I were going for Gold, a controller wouldn't cut it.

yeah, i'm just on ia right now trying to get gold and i'll get close but then just tap a car and it'll disqualify me, its frustrating

You havent experienced frustration until you get to the B Spec version of the Classic Race Car series race on Cote' D Azure. Took my driver about 2.5 hours of straight playing and I had to look for advice online on how to beat it (car setup). Your driver will clip the same corner 99 times out of 100 if you arent careful and will not win the races. Its fcuking horrific. Even with a good setup on your car (Toyota 7 race car) you still have to coach every second of your driver and get lucky. You do get a cool classic Alfa thats pretty fun to drive when you win though....

yeah i saw your post a little while up on it. There was something similar in gt4, it wasn't a classic car i dont think but it was in nyc and every time the car would hit the same corner and drop from first and you would loose it took me a while to get it.

where did you find the help to do it?

Wait till you get to S then, because they're all one lap, pass as many cars as possible. Grand Valley annoyed me because the Gallardo understeered too much at some point.

A lot of help can bef ound on Gtplanet.

Just search the B Spec Classic Race Car Cote D azure in google, and you will find at least two forums. In one of them the top post gives the guys set up he won with, but later on, another guy gives his tuning set up using the mid range turbo instead of the high range. This is the one you want to use. You will notice because a lot of guys start saying it finally worked for them. It only took about 2 or 3 tries with this setup to do it. That damn Chaparal Vacuum car is tough to beat.

I used my Ferrari 330 P4 to beat the Historic Championship. What helped me beat Monaco, A-spec, was taking the lead by the first turn. Once in the lead you should be able to hold off the Toyota and Chaparral. If you don't get the lead by the first turn then just restart the event.

The trick with B-spec is to pace him down before you reach the turn at the end of the tunnel and on the last turn before the start finish line. If you don't he will hit those corners almost every time which will slow you down.

Also make sure you are using a low top gear setting for Monaco, I had it set around 186MPH.

Wait till you get to S then, because they're all one lap, pass as many cars as possible. Grand Valley annoyed me because the Gallardo understeered too much at some point.

That was a BITCH of a race. Everytime I entered the first corner it plowed off or went unstable as hell under braking.

I used my Ferrari 330 P4 to beat the Historic Championship. What helped me beat Monaco, A-spec, was taking the lead by the first turn. Once in the lead you should be able to hold off the Toyota and Chaparral. If you don't get the lead by the first turn then just restart the event.

How did you get the $20MM for the 330 P4? Birthday cheat? I haven't gotten it to work nor have I acquire that much money yet!

It's just a different aspect of racing. Instead of being the driver you're the chew chief. Plus, it's a means of earning extra money and prize cars.

I had never bother with B-spec racing in GT4 but I gave it a shot in GT5 and now I really enjoy it. It also make the endurance races much easier to complete, there is no way that I could ever have the time to do an A-spec 24 hour race but at the higher levels your B-spec driver needs little instruction to complete them.

How did you get the $20MM for the 330 P4? Birthday cheat? I haven't gotten it to work nor have I acquire that much money yet!

I actually got it for my Birthday.

I also have the Red Bull X1 but that was gifted to me.

I actually got it for my Birthday.

I also have the Red Bull X1 but that was gifted to me.

Wait...were you actually born in 63, or does the birthday gift card just give you one of those cars?! My understanding was on your birthday you got a card for a car the year you were born. So my birthday of 4/2/82 so on april second of 2011 I will get a car from 1982? If not, that makes more sense that they make those birthday cards.

And interesting that someone gifted you the X1. Ive seen a lot of people state that they wouldnt give them away because of what they had to go through to get it. I know you dont get a chance to win it until level 30 in the sebastian vettel challenge.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

164000_10150388637265257_292255610256_16472165_8054713_n.jpg

90% complete, missing floor board and dead pedal now; also going to reinforce some areas to make it 100 solid :icon_mrgreen:

Wait...were you actually born in 63, or does the birthday gift card just give you one of those cars?! My understanding was on your birthday you got a card for a car the year you were born. So my birthday of 4/2/82 so on april second of 2011 I will get a car from 1982? If not, that makes more sense that they make those birthday cards.

And interesting that someone gifted you the X1. Ive seen a lot of people state that they wouldnt give them away because of what they had to go through to get it. I know you dont get a chance to win it until level 30 in the sebastian vettel challenge.

The Ferrari 330 P4 is actually a 1967. I had made a mistake when I created my account it should have been 1969 but I couldn't change it. Oh well. The game gifts you a car on your birthday from the year you were born.

I've heard of a lot of people exploiting the birthday gift but I can't be bothered. There are plenty of people out there that will just give you any car that you want. Especially now that you can backup and restore you game save you have nothing to loose.

Yeah, a friend of mine gifted me the X1 since he was able to restore his game save. Nothing to loose.

I actually don't enjoy driving the X1. It is way too fast, it takes the fun out of the game. Nothing but another X1 can touch it. I've only been using it for the B-spec endurance races. It only takes about 2 hours to complete the 500 laps at Indy.

The Ferrari 330 P4 is actually a 1967. I had made a mistake when I created my account it should have been 1969 but I couldn't change it. Oh well. The game gifts you a car on your birthday from the year you were born.

I've heard of a lot of people exploiting the birthday gift but I can't be bothered. There are plenty of people out there that will just give you any car that you want. Especially now that you can backup and restore you game save you have nothing to loose.

Yeah, a friend of mine gifted me the X1 since he was able to restore his game save. Nothing to loose.

I actually don't enjoy driving the X1. It is way too fast, it takes the fun out of the game. Nothing but another X1 can touch it. I've only been using it for the B-spec endurance races. It only takes about 2 hours to complete the 500 laps at Indy.

Ahh yes, my bad. And I exploited the birthday glitch for my 330P4 and my Ford Mark IV. I just dont have to time to save up that type of money. Just not int he cards for me. And not to mention anyone born in 67 is obviously going to have a serious advantage! (sorry for the mistype earlier). So would you back yours up and gift me an X1? that would be great..... PNS: KOB2772!

Sidenote: im having a helluva time with the NASCAR as well. That shit is just plain difficult. Still trying to find the best setup for my cars cause thats the only way you can win that shit!

90% complete, missing floor board and dead pedal now; also going to reinforce some areas to make it 100 solid :icon_mrgreen:

wow very very nice diy wish i had a garage or a place to attempt something like that, even though i would most likely fail.

wow very very nice diy wish i had a garage or a place to attempt something like that, even though i would most likely fail.

:iamwithstupid: that makes two of us!

I'd love to have a setup like that!

A lot of help can bef ound on Gtplanet.

Great recommendation with Gtplanet.

It totally destroyed all my productivity at work yesterday though :lol2: