The Ashes

capt_chaos

Unfortunately, we've had 4 days of great cricket from each side one at a time so I think today will see a draw. The teams seem so evenly matched that it will just take a bad day from one team to see a result in a match. England will have to slog a bit till lunch and get a 200 run lead and send Australia in if we are to see a result. Any less then 2 sessions and Australia will shut up shop.

I went up on Saturday (3rd day) for my bucks. It was awesome. Nearly sold out and plenty of drunk poms getting kicked out! I met heaps in town that night.

Nearly sold out and plenty of drunk poms getting kicked out! I met heaps in town that night.

:icon_mrgreen:

It does look like it is heading for a draw.

The build up to the first match the Aussies have been poor and England were playing well but then day one was a shocker and I thought we could get the Aussies out... Does not look like a bowlers wicket.

Oh for Top Cabron

The build up to the first match the Aussies have been poor and England were playing well but then day one was a shocker and I thought we could get the Aussies out... Does not look like a bowlers wicket.

Oh for Top Cabron

gracias

We ran in to a few blokes a one of the pubs, that were in front of us at the cricket dressed as pirates. After the first one got kicked out, his mate soon followed. And the second bloke assumed that his mate had been locked up (as opposed to just ejected) and he was heading to the lockup as well so decided that if he was going down he'd make it worth it so proceeded to throw his beer in one of the cops faces. One $900 fine later he wound up in the gutter beside his mate!

Oh for Top Cabron

Well in truly, very usual wicket for Brisbane. Not as much movement on the first couple of days and it's held together so giving the spinners nothing at the end.

Just watching the balmy army in full flight. They must be getting bored. Don't see much happening in the last hour and a half.

As for the series, I think it will be an epic series for the cricketing fans but I think it's not going to do too much for the game outside of the current fanbase. I don't mind seeing the Aussies not winning (I'm a NZ born Aussie :icon_mrgreen: so well used to losing the cricket!).

As for the series, I think it will be an epic series for the cricketing fans but I think it's not going to do too much for the game outside of the current fanbase. I don't mind seeing the Aussies not winning (I'm a NZ born Aussie :icon_mrgreen: so well used to losing the cricket!).

However you wish to paint it you will be just an Aussie when you come over here!

However you wish to paint it you will be just an Aussie when you come over here!

Till I pull out the beige brigade shirt! And the All Blacks jersey!

maybe we might have to have a pint during the boxing day test.

Capt: I fear this thread will be lost on 99% of the members here :lol:

oh, and a DRAW. Damn u Michael Clarke for dropping a crucial one..

Bloody entertaining morning. KP is really fired up and now Collingwood is starting to move. I'me predicting a declaration at lunch tomorrow with a 450 run lead and Aust all out by lunch day 5.

Other then Hussey (which is ironic) I don't think there is a player in the Aussie side that can feel safe. Pontings got to go at the end of the series. God only knows who they can replace him as captain with though

Cannot wait to watch the highlights tonight!

I hope the rain does not force a draw because England records are tumbling.

Something tells me that there is not much sledging going on from the Aussies but I would love to know what Ponting was bitching about the other!

Cook doesn't sweat

• 2 weeks later...

Last two days have not been our finest hour after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The first night when we got everyone out so quickly everyone was saying how we are going to wrap up the series with two games to go.

Doh.

:(

So I got a little respite then, don't have to practice my pommy accent so quickly now!! I hit London this morning. You want to catch up to check some out. I'm at Ealing currently

I understand why you have to ask and the Aussie press are not mentioning it but England won! ;)

Eng have not won/retained the Ashes in Aus for 24 years. I think Ponting might be gone after this series.

2-1 with a game to go.