Front view camera

alan7407

I have an Kenwood DNX6160 aftermarket radio/nav unit in my 04 G which includes a rear view camera. Everything works perfect. I would like to know how difficult (or is it even possible) it is to add a front view camera ?? My Kenwood manual says nothing regarding the addition of another camera.

lol. I have one in my benz but its part of the night vision option. I have a kenwood deck in the lambo too but unless it had some other features to help you see further up the road like the benz does I don't see the value in it.

• 3 weeks later...
I really like the top down camera view my X5m has, I think every car should have that.

Bird's eye view... my favorite!!!! Love the Bimmers!

I really like the top down camera view my X5m has, I think every car should have that.

How exactly does this thing work? How does the camera on the roof (I assume) look like?

I have that feature on my 11 x5. It's actually a combination of a CSM under each mirror and the rear cam. Works great

How exactly does this thing work? How does the camera on the roof (I assume) look like?

Here it is...You can hardly notice it when it's retracted.

cctv_camera_mast.jpg

I have that feature on my 11 x5. It's actually a combination of a CSM under each mirror and the rear cam. Works great

Yes, also we have the option of toggling between that view and a regular back up camera view.

Yes, also we have the option of toggling between that view and a regular back up camera view.

Now that's something I would like in my ride. The bird's eye view is really neat.