Thinking of trading My gallardo for a Murci!

TwinTurboTRex

I have a 2004 Egear gallardo, I am thinking of trading it off and trying out a murci, what do you guys think and I am sure there are huge differences in the cars, I have seen them and set in one or two but never driven one, I am in NM so not many lambo's in my whole state. Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated.

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_super:

If you have never driven one, you need to. It is a whole different experience, completely different beast. I have both and when I take the Murcie out, it like a whole new experience.

I found my Gallardo more fun to drive the Murcie more fun to look at and be seen in. Hope that helps.

It's tough to respond to these threads because many of the Gallardo guys are here are very sensitive to anyone saying anything potentially negative about the Gallardo, :eusa_naughty: even if it is only to voice a preference for a Murci. Flame wars have been started for much less. lol Best thing is to drive them both and go with your heart. :eusa_think:

Both cars serve their purpose very well; the Murci commands respect, the Gallardo provides agility & comfort. You can't go wrong with either! I would exchange for one or the other so you cross them off from your bucket list. Later on, after brief ownership you'll know where to go from there.

:eek3dance: :icon_thumleft:

It's tough to respond to these threads because many of the Gallardo guys are here are very sensitive to anyone saying anything potentially negative about the Gallardo, :eusa_naughty: even if it is only to voice a preference for a Murci. Flame wars have been started for much less. lol Best thing is to drive them both and go with your heart. :eusa_think:

If you buy a gallardo and a murci drives by will you be pissed you didn't buy one? When you see the doors go up will you be pissed you didn't buy one? I went from an R8 to a murci and I'm very happy. I wouldn't consider a gallardo, not cause there's anything wrong with it I just wanted a lambo with a v12 , scissor doors and the countach DNA. It drives great feels great and I have no complaints except where to park it when I go places!

Murci positives

1. Lambo doors

2. Insane v12

3. Murci is a true supercar

Murci negatives

1. Wide ,so hard to see out of, hard to park, hard to drive in tight spaces.

2. Feels like an old car, squeaks and rattles in many of them

Some great advice in this thread. Many owners have gone from one to the other and then back or to another car.

If someone was looking to move on from an 04 G the best choices would be

1. Murci (LP if you can afford it)

2. G superleggera

3. LP 5xx Gallardo

If taking the hits on deprecation of the 04 and then your murci isn't a big deal to you then 100% you should do it. Like DLM said, crossing off items on your bucket list is fun.

The Gallardo is an every day supercar. You can drive it to the grocery store, no problem. The Murci is more of a weekend supercar.

It also depends on where you live and what roads you'll drive mostly. The Murci is imo more fun to drive on long sweeping roads, the Gallardo is more fun to drive on tight twisties.

But yeah, completely different cars. A Murci and a Gallardo is more different than a F430 and a Gallardo.

I have a 2004 Egear gallardo, I am thinking of trading it off and trying out a murci, what do you guys think and I am sure there are huge differences in the cars, I have seen them and set in one or two but never driven one, I am in NM so not many lambo's in my whole state. Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated.

Keep your G car for DD, pick up the M car for WD :icon_super:

Test driving the murcie will be the deciding factor. I thought I knew 110% that I would buy an LP roadster earlier in the year and that the test drive would just be a formality. Nope, I was wrong. It wasn't what I personally thought it would be and what I was after. I love the car and my mouth still hangs open when I see one but it wasn't right for me. Go drive one and you'll know in 10 minutes.

you must test drive the Murci first, your decision will be much easier after.

I just made the transition from Gallardo to Murci last week. There's a few things I can tell you:

I thought people were joking when they talked about visibility from the Murci--they weren't! It is very hard to see behind you, the Gallardo had expoentially less blind spots. The Murci has a strong presence. The Gallardo has a better turning radius. The Murci has more room inside (I have a lot of 6'+ tall friends who were always squished in the G). I agree with Webster that the G is more of an everyday car, I always took mine grocery shopping, etc.

The Murci is a new exciting feel that I hope to get more closely acquainted with, and hope to be using it like I did with the G, in no time...

Man, what a response, thank you all for throwing input in this hard decision, I was in Las Vegas and went to the dealer there approx 3 months ago, I would of driven one then but did not know I was thinking of switching cars. I have alot of vehicles now so the Gallardo sits in the garage alot and I only take it out for fun, I am either going to upgrade to a newer model Gallardo or a 2005 - 2007 Murci, I am eyeing the Roadster some and looking at all versions, I will go drive one first unless I do find a smoking deal that I cannot pass up, hard to find what I am looking for now, they are either blue or red, nice colors but just not for me. Do you guys suggest 6 spd's or another egear in the murci, again, it will be just another car to go in the garage and be driving for pleasure, I am looking in the 150 - 200k range, maybe more later but taking baby steps, used to 50k mustangs and vipers, got the gallardo finally and got the fever real bad! Looking at murci or TT gallardo, I have enought fast cars though and like the lambo just to show and go, and the drive of the lambo is just such a different feel and pleasure to drive I do not think I want to heavy mod one at this point in time, just drive it and enjoy it. Again, all post are appreciated.

I am looking in the 150 - 200k range,

Get an lp 640. coupe or roadster is up to your personal preference. Roadster is sexy but the top is a nightmare. lp640's are hard to find in manual, but do exist.