Clarkson on 458 VS McLaren

Jim G

O.K. all you 458 owners can now relax and breathe easy - in this month's Top Gear Magazine Clarkson sums up thus:

Let me put it this way. The Ferrari is a pair of stockings. The McLaren is a pair of tights. Scientifically and mathematically and practically, the McLaren is better. And yet somehow, it isn't.

Steve Sutcliff of Autocar had a similar opinion. The 12 is a better and more dynamic car yet it lacks the passion of the 458. We'll see when we drive it soon.

As of now, the 458 is better looking in my opinion, but the Mclaren will undoubtedly be better from a speed and mod standpoint

+1

Agree, as said in earlier posts. Look wise, the McLaren is not that special, and the backend - I still think looks like a japanese hatchback from the 90's. Performance wise, we will see. It sounds amazing on that front. Looks however, are subjective.. and I think it looks very bland. 458 looks way better IMHO.

I love Clarkson and am an avid fan - but has he ever not liked a Ferrari he reviewed?

the 599 is the only one i can remember he didn't like, all others he calls them god mostly

I'm hoping McLaren will release a GT3 version or allow customers to order an MP4 with the GT3 aero kit, as I think it looks much better than the standard MP4.

From a mod-perspective, the MP4 wins easily. I can't wait for the tuners to get their hands on the MP4s and turn the boost up.

Id take a Chris Harris or a Tiff Needel review over Clownson.

:iamwithstupid:

Clarkson is a clueless fool as always. His opinion means fcuk-all.