Death penalty for blowing a stop sign

Blue-V10

Senseless yes, but on the other hand when will people learn you're NEVER going to win fighting a cop. Do what they tell you, be polite, take your ticket and fight it in COURT!

Allen Kephart weighed about 350 pounds and had high blood pressure, his father said.

So what did he do to be tazed? I've never been tazed or had a tazer or gun drawn on me.

He probably was a heartattack waiting to happen and this put him over the edge.

Kephart's father, a member of the Sheriff's Department's volunteer mounted rangers unit for decades, called his son's death a senseless use of excessive force

on the son's part.

rule of thumb, when pulled over by the police, hands on the wheel, do as the police tell you, and be on your way in 5 minutes.

on the son's part.

rule of thumb, when pulled over by the police, hands on the wheel, do as the police tell you, and be on your way in 5 minutes.

Not to mention by following those simple rules you are more likely to get let off. I always pull over, turn the car off and put the interior lights on and put my hands on the wheel.

on the son's part.

Ya Tasers are not going to kill you. The whole "let's fight the cops for 8 tasings" is probably what did it. Combined with his health.

Exactly what I thought of, lol. :icon_thumleft:

In the victim's defense, unless we were there personally, or unless several witnesses were there (not just one witness as opinions of "being combatative" differ greatly person to person), there's no way to judge whether the use of the taser was justified.

It's a racy headline intended to gin everyone up to read the article and give their two cents, but in reality unless there's video or some sort of unbiased third-party account of exactly why the responding officer/s felt justified in having to tase the guy, you can't render a decision.

Being obese with high blood pressure obviously doesn't help you survive a good tase-or-eight to the balls, so the obligatory "stay in shape guys" comment is about all I can offer here. :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

dude got out of the car. Cops do not need more than this to protect themselves.

And do you know if they asked him to get out prior to that?

Perfect example of how something seemingly easy to diagnose and judge turns into something more complex. If the officer asked him to get out of the car, and he complied, does that now make him more, or less, combatitive?

Just tough to turn it into an open/shut incident unless someone was there, and that someone is an unbiased third party with no horse in the race.

So: Stay in shape guys! :icon_mrgreen:

Every tazer death I've ever heard of, the suspect has been intoxicated on illegal drugs at levels that would have resulted in an overdose anyway. Seems like something in the shock may be enough to speed the inevitable.

This oocured in big bear which is a meth haven!

Add to it this fucker was 3 and a half bills, he probably went dow HARD. I could easily see somebody breaking their neck or fcuking up their head if they go down wrong from a tazer. Generally we put our arms out to cusion a bad fall. Not when you're tazed. Its usually "bam! Bitch went down!"

My conclusions so far:

Yeah, the topic title was inflammatory: Guy was killed for getting out of the car and being combative.

Never Ever do that!

Police do have a right to consider people getting out and approaching then as aggressive and they have a right to defend themselves.

I have a right to defend myself too, however I don't think the law would look kindly on me emptying 7 rounds from a Remington 870 into the back of a man down on my lawn.

If the witnesses are accurate and the guy was tasered 7 additional times once he was down then the cops deserve to be in trouble.

My conclusions so far:

Yeah, the topic title was inflammatory: Guy was killed for getting out of the car and being combative.

Never Ever do that!

Police do have a right to consider people getting out and approaching then as aggressive and they have a right to defend themselves.

I have a right to defend myself too, however I don't think the law would look kindly on me emptying 7 rounds from a Remington 870 into the back of a man down on my lawn.

If the witnesses are accurate and the guy was tasered 7 additional times once he was down then the cops deserve to be in trouble.

The Taser is automatic.... It sends a jolt for like five seconds... then it waits like ten (there isnt SHIT you can do during this time) and then it sends another jolt for like ten seconds or something like that (Its been several years since I went through Taser 101- but my general on and off recollection is correct).... You can prevent that second jolt, but you cant do anything to make it happen faster.

I think thats IT... Once its cycled twice I think its DONE. I sincerely doubt the cop RELOADED the cartridge and hit him again...

It may be he went into some sort of seizure and people misinterpreted the convulsions as additional jolts?

Which brings up an interesting question.... Taser and Epilepsy????

My conclusions so far:

Never Ever do that!

Lets try a little thought experiment.... His dad says he is the sweetest person ever.... Doesnt do drugs.... Doesnt drink.... Doesnt rat his hair... etc...

And yet it seems pretty CLEAR that he got out of the car and started some level of shit with the cop...

To me that proves one of two things:

either:

1. Dad is right, and this guy was not acting himself for some reason (Usually thats a good sign that somebody is having an acute mental or other medical problem)

OR

2. Dad is full of shit.

The Taser is automatic.... It sends a jolt for like five seconds... then it waits like ten (there isnt SHIT you can do during this time) and then it sends another jolt for like ten seconds or something like that (Its been several years since I went through Taser 101- but my general on and off recollection is correct).... You can prevent that second jolt, but you cant do anything to make it happen faster.

I think thats IT... Once its cycled twice I think its DONE. I sincerely doubt the cop RELOADED the cartridge and hit him again...

It may be he went into some sort of seizure and people misinterpreted the convulsions as additional jolts?

Which brings up an interesting question.... Taser and Epilepsy????

Multiple cops=multiple tazers.

another case from 2007, a guy from Poland - Robert Dziekański was at a canadian airport, he couldn't speak english and waited there for 10 hours because nobody was able to communicate with him. he got angry, security called the police, they tasered him, he died.

And do you know if they asked him to get out prior to that?

Perfect example of how something seemingly easy to diagnose and judge turns into something more complex. If the officer asked him to get out of the car, and he complied, does that now make him more, or less, combatitive?

Just tough to turn it into an open/shut incident unless someone was there, and that someone is an unbiased third party with no horse in the race.

So: Stay in shape guys! :icon_mrgreen:

Assuming that the first part would have been recorded on the cops dash cam?