EVO video review

Guest Rob Burgundy

Guest Rob Burgundy
the reviewer looks like the Penguin from Tim Burton's Batman

He's a handsome devil isn't he?

He says the doors open sideways because they are frameless? :eusa_think:

I love it, I want it. I cant think of a car I want more at any price, even a Veyron or new Zonda. I love the way this car looks.

He is Harry Metcalfe, the founder of EVO Magazine. And seriously humble good guy. Some of the very few people I look up to and admire.

He is Harry Metcalfe, the founder of EVO Magazine. And seriously humble good guy. Some of the very few people I look up to and admire.

the guys got a seriously cool job... no denying that!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Just read the EVO magazine article. Metcalfe essentially says the LP700 is better than anything else on the market right now, and that not only should Ferrari be worried about their 599 successor, but this may give the Enzo successor a run for its money as well.

From the sounds of all these reviews, the only downside is the speed of the gearbox in anything but Corsa, and in Corsa, it's too rough. If Lambo had tossed a good DCT into this machine, I suspect it would be hands down the winner of this generation of cars, but I suppose life can't be that easy:P

Plus he has a great car collection!

I think he has a Countach and a Zonda among his collection. And didn't he just put down a deposit for a FF?

From the sounds of all these reviews, the only downside is the speed of the gearbox in anything but Corsa, and in Corsa, it's too rough. If Lambo had tossed a good DCT into this machine, I suspect it would be hands down the winner of this generation of cars, but I suppose life can't be that easy:P

Well, I suppose Lamborghini needs to save some goodies for the car's mid-life upgrade in around 2016. DCT to come by then. :)

Well, I suppose Lamborghini needs to save some goodies for the car's mid-life upgrade in around 2016. DCT to come by then. :)

That's not so good for California buyers. Every time we buy a new car, even with another trade in credit, we pay "use tax" of 10%. Every time I have to upgrade, I lose about $30k-$40k to the state:(

I wouldn't bet on that. There'd be a massive packaging issue to squeeze a DCT in place of the ISR gearbox, its whole advantage is that it's considerably smaller and lighter than the dual-clutch solution. Not saying it can't be done, but don't count on it...

I wouldn't bet on that. There'd be a massive packaging issue to squeeze a DCT in place of the ISR gearbox, its whole advantage is that it's considerably smaller and lighter than the dual-clutch solution. Not saying it can't be done, but don't count on it...

I agree but then DCT is new tech so we do not know what can be done to shrink the packaging and I still think it is odd for VW to sanction the new box when it cannot be used in any other platform in the group.

But then we are going off topic...

Didn't either he, or someone from Evo, post here on occasion? Someone from Evo (I believe it was Evo) owns or owned an LP640, I believe, and was explaining on these forums that they all think it's "a fantastic bit of kit." I believe I remember that.

Was that Harry?

Didn't either he, or someone from Evo, post here on occasion? Someone from Evo (I believe it was Evo) owns or owned an LP640, I believe, and was explaining on these forums that they all think it's "a fantastic bit of kit." I believe I remember that.

Was that Harry?

Simon George. Yeah, I remember seeing one or two posts from him back around when I first joined.