Motortrend F430 vs. Ford GT#'s

Jim G

Motortrend, more numbers showing that the 430 is wicked fast for ONLY 483hp. 0-60 3.7 430, 0-60 3.6 for the GT, quarter mile 11.7 @ 122.8 for the 430, 11.6 at 126 for the GT. The 430 also handlily out braked the Ford and took the overall victory, no skid pad numbers were given. Seems like Ferrari is spot on with their HP rating, or even understated, and curb weight for a change.

damn, that is pretty good- though...i think i would still go with the Ford GT, i mean its a Ford supercar after all! Besides that, i love the sound a good V8 makes.

Motortrend, more numbers showing that the 430 is wicked fast for ONLY 483hp. 0-60 3.7 430, 0-60 3.6 for the GT, quarter mile 11.7  @ 122.8 for the 430, 11.6 at 126 for the GT. The 430 also handlily out braked the Ford and took the overall victory, no skid pad numbers were given. Seems like Ferrari is spot on with their HP rating, or even understated, and curb weight for a change.

Yes, the 430 is fast. Im finally happy Ferrari did something right! Im still not a fan of the styling, but i think it will be a nice car.

Motortrend, more numbers showing that the 430 is wicked fast for ONLY 483hp. 0-60 3.7 430, 0-60 3.6 for the GT, quarter mile 11.7  @ 122.8 for the 430, 11.6 at 126 for the GT. The 430 also handlily out braked the Ford and took the overall victory, no skid pad numbers were given. Seems like Ferrari is spot on with their HP rating, or even understated, and curb weight for a change.

Yes, the 430 is fast. Im finally happy Ferrari did something right! Im still not a fan of the styling, but i think it will be a nice car.

You spoke too soon in our other thread. :) But I can definetly understand why you said those things. :) If I knew about all the BS Ferrari put out inthe past, I'd agree with you too before this car was officially tested. :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

I still doent believe it till I see it.

The 430 is faster than and F50??? How is that?? F50 has more hp, V12 more tq.. I dont get it

Don't forget what they said about the GT's numbers. Apparently, the car was WAY slower than others they've tested in the past. If it would have been up to the standards set by the prescendant cars, it would have better performed against the F430, at least in a straight line.

Now, let's not forget that the F430 is one helluva car! Especially compared to the wimpy 360...

-Olivier

The 430 is faster than and F50??? How is that?? F50 has more hp, V12 more tq.. I dont get it

also more weight

also more weight

I dont think it wieghs more. It even has a cf chasis

I don't believe the maginzes until i see it for my self or ask a ferrari owner who ownes both cars. Maginzes lie! exsample most mags said the C6 is faster than the SRT-10 but when i look at the performance numbers and compare them i dont see how it out performs it all and the viper is still faster, all i see is pure biaist. I dont get and thats why i stoped reading maginzes.

In this case i truely dont know how someone can say this is faster than the F-50 because the F-50 is still one fast as car. But if it Is so than the Gallardo out performs the Diablo 6.0 VT!.