help w/ mercedes benz

Roman

Throwing This out there because you guys always astound me with your knowledge.

2005 ml 500 (w163).

MCS unit (radio and dvd navigation)

Navigator is fd up. Dealer says I need a whole new unit (2200 bucks). Sounds nuts to me.

Also says I can't add a cd changer to the rear end like every other ml I've had has.

Any suggestions?

This is Orange County, just throw that 2005 MB in the recycle bin out front like a bic razor and get the new model like everyone else does! :icon_mrgreen: :turboalex:

This is Orange County, just throw that 2005 MB in the recycle bin out front like a bic razor and get the new model like everyone else does! :icon_mrgreen: :turboalex:

Not if he's in Kenturkey! A 2005 is a brand new model!!!

Not if he's in Kenturkey! A 2005 is a brand new model!!!

Damn I forgot he's got that plantation/cannabis farm out there, you are right.

"Dat dere dat new Merbaydez you got dere?" :icon_mrgreen:

Damn I forgot he's got that plantation/cannabis farm out there, you are right.

"Dat dere dat new Merbaydez you got dere?" :icon_mrgreen:

Don't you mean Avacado farm? Plus he has to keep the 05, it has the hardware installed for his rooftop machine gun.

Needed a new DVD. Fixed...

Thanks to all who helped!!!!

Needed a new DVD. Fixed...

Thanks to all who helped!!!!

Glad to hear.. That's a lot better then spending 2200 for a new unit. Did Steven help you out?

Glad to hear.. That's a lot better then spending 2200 for a new unit.

No kidding. 170 on ebay.

Fletcher Jones Mercedes has idiot techs, I was quoted 1200.00 for a secondary injection air pump and I later found the problem to be a loose connection, and this was'nt the first time they pulled something like that on me. No true mechanics any more, just parts replacers called "techs".

Feltcher Jones Mercedes has idiot techs, I was quoted 1200.00 for a secondary injection air pump and I later found the problem to be a loose connection, and this was'nt the first time they pulled something like that on me. No true mechanics any more, just parts replacers called "techs".

Yeah.... Feltcher Jones is convenient.... But they're as dumb as as an empty envelope. They also told me "You cant put a CD changer in the vehicle because the {now going off quote because I honestly stopped listening at this point, as I am apt to do when people start feeding me shit I know is wrong} the radio has a big block of iced up squirrel shit where the cd changer should go...."

Guess what I installed in 5 minutes this morning (LITERALLY... I had 5 minutes before I had to head out the door this morning and I said "Hmm... This trip would be better with a CD changer") at a cost of 200 bucks in used EBAY parts, and which is now entertaining me with the classic new wave sounds of The Smiths as I navigate my way around the County we call Orange? Thats right Feltcher Jones... My CD Changer! :icon_fU:

I was all ready to pay the $1000 the Fletchers at Feltcher Jones charge to install a CD changer..... But they basically refused.... So I did it myself for a shit less money.

fcuk You Feltcher Jones Jr. And thanks for saving me $800 bucks because your techs are a bunch of stupid lazy cretins.

Fletcher_Jones_Jr_4_.jpg

Feltch

I never knew that was what that meant? I always heard the term in regards to the Richard Gere/Gerbil rumor but I guess that isn't feltching. HAHA. The more you know!

Did you get the iced up squirrel shit out of the radio ?! Next would be to get the Smiths CD out of the changer, and put it with the squirrel shit....

(Says the guy that saw Adam Ant live in concert last night......)