GTR's v UGR Gallardos?

undisputed

Full interior street car on street tires? doing a 177? Dayum!!!!!!! Just a suggestion.. when doing the next vid. Show the interior and exterior of the Car to show seats not removed, Headliner not removed, sunvisors not removed. To me this is pretty damn amazing. GTR's hitting near that number is almost 200 lbs lighter = .1 sec per. So keeping in mind that the GTT rolls up and nails it vs. a GTR rolling up, removing about 200 lbs worth of stuff just loses it's mythical luster to me. Congrats!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the Nera is loaded with nothing removed.

This is not the case with the GTR's - they remove pass seat, rear wings, have 18" lighter wheels/tires, carbon body pieces, etc. The ASS car weighs 3600. As you know, a modded SL weighs about 3500. Obviously a difference in driver weight could make both cars weight within 50 lbs of each other....

Quite a few people have seen this car. I believe UGR when they saw it's full weight. I never had the impression it was stripped, although that would significantly speed this baby up even more

Full interior street car on street tires? doing a 177? Dayum!!!!!!! Just a suggestion.. when doing the next vid. Show the interior and exterior of the Car to show seats not removed, Headliner not removed, sunvisors not removed. To me this is pretty damn amazing. GTR's hitting near that number is almost 200 lbs lighter = .1 sec per. So keeping in mind that the GTT rolls up and nails it vs. a GTR rolling up, removing about 200 lbs worth of stuff just loses it's mythical luster to me. Congrats!

If you hurry up and send your car to UGR or SP we can find out: 1000whp GTR or 1200whp TTG. :icon_thumleft: 40-170 sounds fantastic!

That sounds fun, but it'll have to wait for a little while. To many things going on with the company. but when I do, it will be a good race for sure. Just want you to be king of Hawaii's H3 for a while first. :icon_thumleft:

vids of all angles and showing nothing removed..................ugh

shouldn't a man's word (Kevin's nothing removed statement) be worth something?

I'm not doubting the man. I'm saying for the detractors. Alot of people like to see youtube vids and are quick to say oh.. some one is using N20. I, for one, don't care how speed is made. But for alot of other people they claim to have the fastest street car. If your going to toot that horn, and then reveal later that interior was removed to make the speed, then to me it's the same thing as using N20 and not telling people. If I went and bought a GTR and got the package from a vendor and went to the local dragstrip.. I am going to expect to be able to roll up and hammer a ET roughly similar to that. Especially if they say street car. Now if they say I have to remove my seat, or I have to buy a CF trunk/hood and remove my seat, Go on a Jenny craig diet and then maybe I will hit that ET, would make a big difference. What I like about the GTT is that they can honestly say they roll up to the track.. heat up tires and knock out that number while holding on to the wheel for dear life. UGR has the vid of Richard hitting 250 in the mile. He had several cameras in the cabin. Did a first ever run and bam. Who's going to say something. I'm not huge on Vendor bashing but It happens. they push the envelope for everyone, hit an accomplishment and then other people question the validity of the accomplishment.

Also.. I did say it was just a suggestion. They can take it how they want. I personally meant no offense as you seem to be offended.

Damn. Got me figured out already? Damn it. I like to be more mysterious. Oh well. If holt didn't leave ran multiple times the same day and has never driven the car in that configuration then that's still impressive. If driving a car/rocket to 250 mph in a mile is just another day to you then you sir were born with a pair of steel balls. I'm on a plane about to leave for a trip. Have a great day!

ASS lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu breaks into the 8's at nearly 170mph and 60-130 in 3.34 seconds,

these GTR's could be some real competition for the UGR Gallardos

ASS lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu breaks into the 8's at nearly 170mph and 60-130 in 3.34 seconds,

these GTR's could be some real competition for the UGR Gallardos

let's see a GTR do 240/250 in the Mile then we can talk.

9 seconds of throttle and 22 are two waaaaaaay different ball games. Somewhere between these two times (9 and 22 seconds) is where the roll racing "king" would be crowned.

Being the PROUD owner of an "R" package UGR TT Gallardo and also the owner of a daily driven GTR with a tune, I follow both the Gallardo and GTR forums very closely. I can tell you that a GTR that traps 170 will give my Gallardo one HELL of a run for its money. While my car did 2.77s 100-150 the GTR did right at 3.1.....however, the GTR is quicker 60-130 than my quickest time. I think it would be a GREAT race...

Peter

Being the PROUD owner of an "R" package UGR TT Gallardo and also the owner of a daily driven GTR with a tune, I follow both the Gallardo and GTR forums very closely. I can tell you that a GTR that traps 170 will give my Gallardo one HELL of a run for its money. While my car did 2.77s 100-150 the GTR did right at 3.1.....however, the GTR is quicker 60-130 than my quickest time. I think it would be a GREAT race...

Peter

I think Peter just hit the nail on the head.From a dig to 170 the GTR might have a advantage but after that the ttg with its low frontal area is gonna domiate,plus theres no replacement for displacement and the engine is sitting on the rear tires

Peter

It would be a good race for a bit. Peter, something to consider. You did your 3.6 on the street with street tires. The GTR did it on a prepped track with drag radials. I don't expect them to be close under the same conditions as you were on the street with street tires.

It would be a good race for a bit. Peter, something to consider. You did your 3.6 on the street with street tires. The GTR did it on a prepped track with drag radials. I don't expect them to be close under the same conditions as you were on the street with street tires.

Kevin,

Any idea when Ali's car is coming home? I am looking forward to running him on pump gas. If he is making around 1,000 rwhp on pump, I think it would be a great race.

That is a GREAT point...I did in fact run on the street with no prep on street tires vs. a car on drag radials on a prepped track...

Peter

houstonT,

didnt you also start in 3rd?

on a prepped surface with some DR's I would up the boost in the lower gears and you can probably cut a 3.2x if not lower.

Kevin,

Any idea when Ali's car is coming home? I am looking forward to running him on pump gas. If he is making around 1,000 rwhp on pump, I think it would be a great race.

Not sure, he's deciding on upgrades and other factors. Wont be long. His car will be on race gas only, so be prepared. :icon_mrgreen:

His car will be on race gas only, so be prepared. :icon_mrgreen:

Race gas only?? Nevermind then, lol..:icon_mrgreen:

Can't you run race gas also?

I don't run race gas. I am on E85.

I think I would be a very good race with a 1,000 rwhp Gallardo, and I thought Ali was going to have a 1,000 rwhp pump gas tune. You pulling my leg? lol. I never heard of any cars coming out of your shop without having a pump gas tune before...

I don't run race gas. I am on E85.

I think I would be a very good race with a 1,000 rwhp Gallardo, and I thought Ali was going to have a 1,000 rwhp pump gas tune. You pulling my leg? lol. I never heard of any cars coming out of your shop without having a pump gas tune before...

Run him 93 pump VS 93 pump. I can make 1500+ WHP on E85 if needed. So to me, running him on E85 is the same as running with race gas. :eusa_naughty:

I agree, run the same gas..... what do your ~1000whp pump gas Gallardos trap? I know I've seen low 4's for the 60-130 times for that power level...

Run him 93 pump VS 93 pump. I can make 1500+ WHP on E85 if needed. So to me, running him on E85 is the same as running with race gas. :eusa_naughty:

You are missing the point dude. First, I don't have a pump gas tune. There is a reason it is called E900. :icon_mrgreen:

Second, all I was saying is, regardless of the type of gas, that I would give a 1,000 rwhp Gallardo a good run. So if Ali's car has a 1,000 rwhp setting, I think it would be very intereting. :icon_thumleft: