Top Gear - Season 17

Nath4N

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Top Gear laps can be classed as factual.

2nd quickest 1:16.2

Compliment quality of finish and ride.

Summed up as McLaren man wears tights, Ferrari man wears stockings. Driving a lambo is like riding a horse with mustard up its bottom.

The RS3 is horrid.

No, it's an awesome hatchback, albeit based on a very old platform. Frankly I don't care about how damn easy or fun it is to go sideways in a car on a closed circuit or how fast it is around a track. I drive my cars on the road, and awd, DSG and better interior trumps spinning the rear wheels any day. :la:

No, it's an awesome hatchback, albeit based on a very old platform. Frankly I don't care about how damn easy or fun it is to go sideways in a car on a closed circuit or how fast it is around a track. I drive my cars on the road, and awd, DSG and better interior trumps spinning the rear wheels any day. :la:

I will give you one guess to work out where I drove one to form my opinion. :turboalex:

It is about as smooth as being bummed by a randy horse.

I thought it was quite a good episode tonight. Pity they couldn't have put the McLaren and Aventador together. That would have been a good contest.

No the Audi Dsg as a whole is fine. It is the overly firm crashy ride that it has. Like someone has fitted runflats to it and then only allowed 4mm of suspension travel.

I thought it was quite a good episode tonight. Pity they couldn't have put the McLaren and Aventador together. That would have been a good contest.

has Top Gear done any profiles on the Aventador yet? tried to search on Youtube and came up with nothing.

Fifth gear tested the MP4 versus the 458 on that track.

But drove it the other way. The 458 was quicker on that show. So how can the MP4 trounce it going counter clockwise?

But drove it the other way. The 458 was quicker on that show. So how can the MP4 trounce it going counter clockwise?

well all of us knows that jeremy is not biased :rolleyes:

has Top Gear done any profiles on the Aventador yet? tried to search on Youtube and came up with nothing.

Not yet but a white Aventador was at their studio recently with several private owners cars so there could very well be a feature before the current series ends.

Different lines, braking points. speeds etc.

There was a rumour going around that many journalists had been given a worn-out development car to test, I wonder if this has something to do with it.

There was a rumour going around that many journalists had been given a worn-out development car to test, I wonder if this has something to do with it.

i don't think mclaren will give them a worn-out cars out to compare them with other cars

a friend of mine visited the top gear test track and drove the mclaren..here is what he said about the black Mp4 he drove:

"The other black car we drove was the actual Pre-production unit that was used for the 5th Gear filming. Unfortunately that car had developed a leak in the Proactive suspension just before the filming, and the test team did not pick up the problem until the filming was over, hence the slightly wobbly handling on screen. All the other systems, ESP and Brake Steer go crazy when the Proactive chassis isn't working properly. This much I can confirm as driving the cars over 2 days. On the limit, the 12C is gentle enough for an inexperienced driver to hold it comfortably in a drift, yet entertaining enough for nut jobs like me with the ESP off :-)"

Links for episode 3?

Pleeeease!

Look on the previous page for Streetfire. They are uploaded in segments and should continue to the next video after the 10 mins is up

Look on the previous page for Streetfire. They are uploaded in segments and should continue to the next video after the 10 mins is up

Ahh thank you sir. I did not realize that.