Murcie purchase checklist - help

jimgraham

Hi Guys, I am ready to pull the trigger on an 03' Murcie formerly owned by a well respected LP member (92677).

I am having the Masserati dealership that is selling the car do a PPI at the local Jaguar / Land Rover dealership ( i know... not the best choice for a PPI ) but there is no Lambo dealerships anywhere near Minneapolis/ St. Paul MN.

So I figured I would jump on a plane ( I am heading up there on the 4th July - 2 days ) and go have a look while the PPI is being done.

But would you guys have some ideas for a checklist of things "peculiar" to the Murcie.

I do have reasonable experience on the Gallardo which I owned for a while, but not on a Murcie. I have heard of some stories about creaks, groans etc, but the important stuff is what I need.

Thanks for you wisdom in advance guys.

Jim G

Check the rear tail light lenses. When done with clearbra the lenses get hot and can crack. They are not cheap to replace so ensure they aren't damaged.

Early Murcies had issues with shocks leaking. It is possible to reseal however a lot end up getting replaced. Again not cheap.

Yours is a stick which should be okay in terms of the PPI. With egear I would suggest all PPIs at authorized dealers as there is proprietary software needed.

At idle check to see if the engine cycles up and down. It's an issue with the throttle bodies and can be fixed.

The major touch is the clutch. Also see when the next major service is due and if the previous was done. Another big hit.

Make sure there's no CEL thrown from the secondaries being removed.

My 03 had an issue with the serpentine routing. At WOT within seconds it would shred. Make sure your tensioners are set properly.

Pro-tip: the shifter ball unscrews so if you flip your car and cannot open the scissor doors use the ball as a hammer and free your ass out of the flaming wreckage. Give credit to porter from the internet if I end up saving your life. Peace be with you.

Pro-tip: the shifter ball unscrews so if you flip your car and cannot open the scissor doors use the ball as a hammer and free your ass out of the flaming wreckage. Give credit to porter from the internet if I end up saving your life. Peace be with you.

:turboalex: :turboalex: :turboalex:

yoda-cat-sleeping-baby-star%20wars-1293147691a.jpg

Ive seen this murcie (if its the one in Minneapolis) several times and its kept in great shape by the current owner but like porter says the rear lenses are just clear bra tinted. The guy who owns it now is a real lambo guy and he had to have a manual so this is the one he went with.

Jim, I'm pretty sure Grant and Jeff service 'step up's cars. So call them and get the info. I saw his black diablo on a run recently and it was sick!

Thanks for the input guys. I will give Grant a call on Tuesday to see what he thinks.

But all the comments make me feel better about the past maintenance on the car the dealer knows nothing about Murcie's and has no real paperwork to speak of.

I am trying to piece the puzzle together but do know that it had a new clutch assy. fitted at 8800 miles, but this is about it so far.

Thanks again guys.

Jim G

Thanks for the input guys. I will give Grant a call on Tuesday to see what he thinks.

As I said, please do this, for his thoughts on the car as well as any paintwork

Don't forget to order the SV bumper from SP Engineering :eusa_dance:

Hi John, after seeing your incredible Murcie last week at the benefit for one of our fallen hero's

I would say that I will definitely be calling Will over at SP Eng.

They were great to work with on my last Carbon Fiber rear fin for my Gallardo.

See you at the next DFC run.

Jim G

^ any photos from that run? :D

Hi Guys, No pictures since the car was not right. ( I have video and some close up iPhone pics of the bodywork )

The Paint and 3M was marked up,

The Bat wings would not go fully down, and one was stuck higher than the other.

The differential seal was leaking

Loud squealing noise from the brakes,wheels/ ?? even close to stopped ( ultra low speed )

Vibrations on the engine / transmission at certain rev ranges.

One wheel had rash

Rear exhaust valance was heat cracked

Under front splitter damaged ( kinda normal )

Inside the car stuff looking pretty worn and sunglasses holder on roof broken

Hunting at idle ( normal for Murcies ) throttle body cleaning would probably have taken care of this.

Not knowing too much about Murcies, but just a normal (gentle) take-off from stopped and the Traction Control light was going crazy until you got going ... Normal ???

So after being told the car was in excellent condition ...... meh : (

I did not buy it.

drove back to Minneapolis Airport and got back on the plane to NY.

Color was beautiful, but just to many things wrong.

13500 call Quinton Ballard at Twin Cities Luxury.

What are "you" planning to do with it ?

Good luck

Jim G

And now I'M interested. This car sounds perfect for what I plan to do.

How many miles????

Awesome car and awesome price! No brainer if you are seeking this color.

Awesome car and awesome price! No brainer if you are seeking this color.

You didn't read the "mechanical defects" AND the paintwork on TriCoat or what ????

• 2 months later...

It's simple, if you are looking for a trouble free pristine Murcie buy the 05' I am selling now... : )

8k miles Arancio Atlas. Perfect car mechanically, cosmetically and service wise.