Where to sell guns?

joebiz

I have quite a few guns I'm trying to get rid of, mostly stuff I've taken in trade or for debts over the years.

10 rifles (ARs, AK47) 20 handguns. Some hunting rifles. a full-auto AK. Shotguns, some revolvers. I want to get down to a few of my favorites and pick up an M16.

I'd much rather sell them local, just to avoid shipping problems. Any ideas? Where do I unload these things? Is there anybody that would just buy all of them, and give me a fair price? Dealers want to steal them, it seems. I'm fine with leaving some room for a dealer, but I'm not gonna unload them for 25% of what they are going to retail them for...

I have quite a few guns I'm trying to get rid of, mostly stuff I've taken in trade or for debts over the years.

10 rifles (ARs, AK47) 20 handguns. Some hunting rifles. a full-auto AK. Shotguns, some revolvers. I want to get down to a few of my favorites and pick up an M16.

I'd much rather sell them local, just to avoid shipping problems. Any ideas? Where do I unload these things? Is there anybody that would just buy all of them, and give me a fair price? Dealers want to steal them, it seems. I'm fine with leaving some room for a dealer, but I'm not gonna unload them for 25% of what they are going to retail them for...

Gunbroker... or here in our classifieds...

I would list each one and the price you want on this board. You never know who is within driving distance to make a trip to pick up the firearms if the price is right. Or you may want to deliver, etc.

I'd like a list, too. Might be interested - depending on what you have.

FYI, even if you use gunbroker or sell here, you will have to use an FFL dealer to ship. Unless you sell local, person to person. Good luck!

FYI, even if you use gunbroker or sell here, you will have to use an FFL dealer to ship. Unless you sell local, person to person. Good luck!

I'll put 'em up in Classifieds as a single posting.

Good idea. Yeah, on the FFL deal, I know a guy that keeps his FFL. If I sell one I'll just let him ship it. What should I expect to pay for such a service?

I thought they just had to be shipped TOO an FFL?

I think this is correct but my only experience with this was when I sold a gun and purchased one on budsguns.com. Since I was the shipper for part of the transaction, and I am not an FFL, but I did ship it to an FFL and they in turn shipped my new gun to a local FFL for pickup. Shipping was a bitch for me sending my gun as UPS charged, if I remember correctly nearly $100, so that can cut into what you sell the guns for, if you have to ship them.

No, FFL to FFL. You can't walk into ups and ship a firearm. Unless I am missing something. I have been drinking.

Joe, if your buddy has an FFL, you might be able to work out a deal. Depends on the dealer, but for a simple transfer- about 15-30. Not too bad, ESP if you are doing multiple firearms. So you would pay to transfer it, then I (as the buyer) would pay for the paperwork at my local FFL dealer.

Correct.

You gotta get a copy of the buyers ffl, verify its still good https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/ then you can ship it directly to the dealer.

Long guns generally go ground, handguns are supposed to go next day, but nobody really says anything. Technically you cant use USPS unless you’re a dealer.

Put up a list of what you're trying to unload, I'm sure some of us will be interested.

Joe,

Im in for some new guns, I just had my .45cal stolen out of my car so im in the mood.

I have an ffl dealer next to me that will take delivery.

I want to see a pic of the full auto AK, that sounds like good home protection!!

BTW... I have an AR in 308 for sale in our classifeds now... MAKE AN OFFER!!! Or I ban you. :icon_mrgreen:

I have a friend, lets just call him 'The Colonel'. He is currently residing in a small South American country. He would like to take the lot, to tool up his own personal 'protection squad'. Can you please quote for shipping just to the West of Venezuela? :D

Correct.

You gotta get a copy of the buyers ffl, verify its still good https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/ then you can ship it directly to the dealer.

Long guns generally go ground, handguns are supposed to go next day, but nobody really says anything. Technically you cant use USPS unless you’re a dealer.

Put up a list of what you're trying to unload, I'm sure some of us will be interested.

I stand corrected. :icon_thumleft:

assuming the FA AK is not a dealer sample/ ground sear (kidding) gun you have a pretty valuable gun right there! Also, on the shipping, depending on the age some MIGHT fall under the C&R category in which case, assuming the buyer has the C&R license you can ship to their residence :icon_thumleft:

also, just a word of caution. Since you will most likely be selling the guns out of state you may want to familiarize yourself with the laws of the states you are shipping to, for example a lot of your firearms can NOT be owned in certain states (NJ, CA, etc.)

assuming the FA AK is not a dealer sample/ ground sear (kidding) gun you have a pretty valuable gun right there! Also, on the shipping, depending on the age some MIGHT fall under the C&R category in which case, assuming the buyer has the C&R license you can ship to their residence :icon_thumleft:

also, just a word of caution. Since you will most likely be selling the guns out of state you may want to familiarize yourself with the laws of the states you are shipping to, for example a lot of your firearms can NOT be owned in certain states (NJ, CA, etc.)

Yes guys... Please make sure if you sell something that you know what the laws are and any special NFA requirements. There are quite a few of us who are experienced in NFA stuff... Help each other out...

If no one else mentioned it yet, the Firing Line forum classifieds works fast. Huge board full of gun enthusiasts. Sold many there over the years. www.thefiringline.com

Yes guys... Please make sure if you sell something that you know what the laws are and any special NFA requirements. There are quite a few of us who are experienced in NFA stuff... Help each other out...

im here to answer any questions, ive been around the block a few times :eusa_dance:

also, I would post the NFA items here: www.sturmgewehr.com its a GREAT resource for class 3 toys

I'm looking to sell my Springfield XD9, 2 16rd mags, case, lock, cleaning kit. I think it was called the Essentials Kit or something like that. How much % depreciation is normal on a used pistol like this or used guns in general? This pack sells for $430 over at Bud's, so how much can I realistically expect? I've got someone locally willing to pay $300. Yes or no?

Lets not joke about anything that might be questionable, in this particular thread.

Thanks