Aventador & 560

topjay

I think you will be shocked.. Cars will get faster and faster.. Stock exotics have just now started getting to the 11 sec 1/4 mile mark out the box.. Now they are breaking into the high 10 sec barrior.. Low 10s next.. then 9s... It just takes forever going a few 10ths at a time..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will be shocked.. Cars will get faster and faster.. Stock exotics have just now started getting to the 11 sec 1/4 mile mark out the box.. Now they are breaking into the high 10 sec barrior.. Low 10s next.. then 9s... It just takes forever going a few 10ths at a time..

They will, but the sedans are keeping up, and the distance between the two has never been closer.

Think of it this way, if you dropped a 4-door body on a GT-R drivetrain you have a car that bascially outperforms anything Lambo has ever made pre-Aventador. :icon_mrgreen:

That scenario is actually starting to happen from the German lux brands (M-series, AMG, Panamera, etc) and it will spread to Audi and beyond in the coming years.

But a perfect example for this discussion is the 599-replacement. No way it has over 750hp, and no way it weighs less than 3,500 pounds. So it won't be raising any bar anywhere, and it's still 18 months away from delivery, minimum.

In that light, I can't seriously fault the LP700.

I can't remember if it was Mako or Porter that pointed out in another thread that something to keep in mind is this first years LP700 will be the worst and slowest version of the car they will make. That the different versions that will be brought out will only be improved and faster...so if 0-60 in 2.9 seconds,10 second 1/4's and handling on par with the new Mclaren,a smaller,lighter car built in a sterile lab... IM OKAY WITH THIS! Lol

Think about it,how much faster,how much more can the laws of physics be stretched in a car you don't need a race license to drive?

Allan your talking about seeing 9 second cars coming stock in the future...then you think about companies like SP that are making 11 second cars 9 seconds cars so you'll have them building these new cars and turning them into 7 second cars...at what point do you say,okay..this is fast enough?

I can't remember if it was Mako or Porter that pointed out in another thread that something to keep in mind is this first years LP700 will be the worst and slowest version of the car they will make. That the different versions that will be brought out will only be improved and faster...so if 0-60 in 2.9 seconds,10 second 1/4's and handling on par with the new Mclaren,a smaller,lighter car built in a sterile lab... IM OKAY WITH THIS! Lol

Think about it,how much faster,how much more can the laws of physics be stretched in a car you don't need a race license to drive?

Allan your talking about seeing 9 second cars coming stock in the future...then you think about companies like SP that are making 11 second cars 9 seconds cars so you'll have them building these new cars and turning them into 7 second cars...at what point do you say,okay..this is fast enough?

As the Lp700s get faster, so will everyone else... And lambo realises that the V12 is the poser model of their lineup so they are slow to move.. Look at the Murci.. It took 5yrs to get a faster model...

The video says Private!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is everyone able to watch?

Initially the video was for LP only, Topjay even asked to keep it here but someone leaked it out so he had private the views.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely seeing the Aventador as more of an "evolutionary" design than a "revolutionary" design the more I see it side by side with the 560.

It looks like a reventon from the front and back and 560 with bigger scoops from the sides. I really want to like this car, but I was expecting something a bit more outrageous.