84 Lotus Esprit Turbo (barn find)

mikestyle

So i happened to be driving through cottage country and got a little lost. Next thing i know i spot a Lotus which has been sitting for years. Long story short the owner is sick and the car has been parked for 5+ years sitting on the driveway and i am now the new owner! Anyways here are some pictures, i do not really know anything about this car but the only thing i plan to keep stock is the body!

Uxbridge_20110608_00020.jpg

Uxbridge_20110608_00021.jpg

Uxbridge_20110608_00022.jpg

Uxbridge_20110610_00027.jpg

That is an awesome find. Should be one hell of a project! Purty please keep us up to date with how you go about restoring/repairing it. I love seeing cars like this being given a new lease on life.

nice find, that's what they call the "G Body" version. Just a simple suggestion from a novice, as you restore it, do the fuel tanks first. On running models they usually go bad and put a hurting on the wallet.

congrats on the find and purchase. One day when I get back on the horse I want a project Esprit to spend my time with :)

Thanks guys, should i refinish the rims or get another set? If anything I plan to keep the same style rims but probably 17's instead of 15's. The sidewalls are massive on this thing!

Thanks guys, should i refinish the rims or get another set? If anything I plan to keep the same style rims but probably 17's instead of 15's. The sidewalls are massive on this thing!

Congrats on the find and the purchase! For what it is worth I would refinish the wheels. They look classy and it isn't a modern day supercar. No need to put it on 22's for it to be noticed.

In for the updates!