WTT: 911 for 944 Turbo.

Kerplop

Finding a clean unmolested 944 turbo is going to be tough. I still have my 88.5 Silver rose metallic 89 turbo S that I've owned since 1990 and wouldn't trade it for the world simply because of sentimental reasons. It seems to me that your SC is a fairly decent car, you'll be hard pressed to find a properly sorted out 944 Turbo S (don't even look at a non S car IMO) as an even trade.

Finding a clean unmolested 944 turbo is going to be tough. I still have my 88.5 Silver rose metallic 89 turbo S that I've owned since 1990 and wouldn't trade it for the world simply because of sentimental reasons. It seems to me that your SC is a fairly decent car, you'll be hard pressed to find a properly sorted out 944 Turbo S (don't even look at a non S car IMO) as an even trade.

Yeah I realize the chances of finding someone to trade straight across with a car of even value is going to be tough. It may not even happen. If not, it's fine, I'll just keep the 911. It isn't a bad car by any means, I love it! I miss my 944 though. As odd as that may sound to some... and I've always wanted a turbo. My SC and a Turbo are pretty close to the same in value, but finding someone who would want to trade it is pretty slim. We'll see.

If I don't I don't. If I do, great. Either way, I'll enjoy it :)

There is a modified S model and the guy sent me a message but the car is pretty heavily modified. I'm not sure how I feel about that. When someone goes "Let me trade you a car with another 100hp for your 911 SC. Even trade." and they've got tons of money into it I go "Hmmm what's wrong with it?" lol or "What is about to go wrong with it?" - Agreed on the S, a Turbo S would be the desirable route. Seems VERY hard to find them though. I can't begin to count how many stupid trades I've been offered off of craigslist with cars that aren't worth looking at. "I've got this car that just needs a timing belt job!" and "Well it'll need a new clutch soon! Those are pretty easy to do." HAH, yeah right, been there done that, I KNOW how much of a PITA the clutches are.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and support Abolfaz :) Glad to hear you still have yours!

• 2 weeks later...

AHHH wish I could turn back time! 2 years ago when I had my 86 turbo I would have done it since I wanted to get into a 911. But you didnt have the 911 then :( so even if we could turn back time it wouldnt work. One can dream though lol.