For gamers here

57udl3y

Developers Web Page

Everyone reading this right now has, at one time or another, felt they could do a better job designing a car than the folks in charge. You would pick up a different engine, powertrain layout, body style or even come up with a better name than any executive. Well, Camshaft Software plans to let you prove it... virtually.

Camshaft Software is a company formed by Andrew Lamb and Caswal Parker, two car enthusiasts who also happen to be skilled programmers and 3D artists. They are hard at work on a new computer game called Automation, which pits you as the main person in charge of a brand new manufacturer.

Your company gets underway in post-war 1946, and your mission is to develop automobiles from the ground up. This means engine, chassis, suspension, body style and all other details that go into producing vehicle. Basically, this is your chance to build the car that you feel best suits a variety of markets, all the while dealing with changing customer demands and new technology.

The entire concept sounds incredibly engrossing, and after watching a demo video, we're sure that Automation will kill all of our productivity. Still, the game isn't here yet, and the developers need a bit of help to bring it to market. They've turned to RocketHub.com, and their goal is to collect $100,000. As of this writing, they've managed to snag just 5 percent of their target. There is still plenty of time left to help, however, and donation amounts are available from as low as $5 and all the way up to $10,000. Click past the jump to check out the demo video, and head over to RocketHub if you feel like helping out.

article on autoblog

Game i would love to play. I like the idea of "crowd funding" a game, wonder if it'll work

fcuk off you toolbox!

LOL @ Allan Sore...loser

:nhl_fight: :icon_thumleft: :offtopic: (Get over yourself and let people post a thread without sticking your insecure little dick in the mix)

LOL @ Allan Sore...loser

:nhl_fight: :icon_thumleft: :offtopic: (Get over yourself and let people post a thread without sticking your insecure little dick in the mix)

They can post all they want.. its just your gay little thinking of cock ass that needs to STFU

Nah... You are so used to people kissing your ass that i feel compelled to swing by and piss you off once in a while.

Hey to make you feel better, so you know you're not alone, I found this article for you...

http://mobile.slate.com/rss.jsp?rssid=411&...%26device%3drss

The gayness of your posts is evident as usual.. Go crawl back in your hole, go stroke some more tuners for shit you will never buy....

Aww still sore that you got called on costing SP a tt install? Shame you had to delete that whole thread to cover your dumb ass. Lol Moron

Never left. Just because Allan is a useless cock hoarder doesn't mean I run off. I just lurk more and take my contributions elsewhere because (as you can see) Allan is a sore loser who can't let the past go. LOL. Poor sad little Allan.

Aww still sore that you got called on costing SP a tt install? Shame you had to delete that whole thread to cover your dumb ass. Lol Moron

I did? Would you like me to have them personally tell you to fcuk off?

Never left. Just because Allan is a useless cock hoarder doesn't mean I run off. I just lurk more and take my contributions elsewhere because (as you can see) Allan is a sore loser who can't let the past go. LOL. Poor sad little Allan.

Yaya,, Im sure you think sucking just one cock doesnt make you gay either... TOOLBOX...

Crowd funding a video game? I'll be surprised if this doesn't end up as vaporware, and even more surprised if it lives up to people's expectations.

we dont just TT for anyone...... sorrry......

alex :turboalex:

we dont just TT for anyone...... sorrry......

alex :turboalex:

@Allan: You are an idiot and you are boring with the same droll rhetoric over and over. No one in this thread is here to kiss your ass so there's nothing for you here. Please move along.

@Alex: Will sure seemed happy to help me out when I spoke with him earlier this year (I have the email correspondence to prove it if you'd like). I spoke with you, Alex, as well when I called and you explained your Stage 1 (bolt on) vs Stage 2 (rebuild). Then Will and Allan had their email fun which led to a flame thread here by Allan, which was then pulled within hours (LOL). *I* decided at that point not to do business with you guys, because of Will's behavior.

You guys were more than willing to sell me a kit though at the time until Allan soured the deal with his childish behavior. But if you want to pretend now like you're "too cool for school" then be my guest. I wasn't planning on going to you for anything in the future anyway after the last experience.

All worked out for the best. I ended up just getting another car and am enjoying the variety instead of selling the Murci, buying a Diablo, and TT'ing it. And from what I hear from your neighborhood competitors, yours and every other TT Diablo in the world runs like shit anyway. I suppose that's why we never get any updates on your threads about the cars you have TT'd so far?

Anyway, back on topic again (not sure why you guys insist on derailing the OP's thread...how rude)...

I agree 100% with Sprite that the audience-funded model will not work. They need to just come out with a cheaper, quicker, simplified version of their design, do a reality check with the crowd (and get feedback) and then grow into a more mature product. SimCity would be a good example in this genre. It started life as a VERY simple simulation and over time spawned a whole market of Tycoon and Sim-world type products. This has a lot of potential. Maybe the could just build an ipad app, or a small web-based game first (one where you create a profile, progress through the game, have save points, etc).

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
*I* decided at that point not to do business with you guys, because of Will's behavior.

I can't believe you said that, I'm removing you from the PSN buddy list.

I can't believe you said that, I'm removing you from the PSN buddy list.

I'm heartbroken.

Next time don't go forwarding our sales correspondence to Allan for a laugh, because you should know Allan is an attention-whore and will run to his Lpower playground to post it up.

I had never planned to bring this up or air your dirty laundry about your crappy customer service, obviously, since I've had many opportunities to call you all out on it. I had a couple people advise me to raise a stink with Alex while we were in the heat of the moment, but I didn't want to in case it caused you issues in your job Will. I didn't want to go there. The last thing I would want to do is impact someone's career just because a spiteful asshole wasn't getting his dose of attention that day and decided to lash out.

I had let it go. Allan (the spiteful asshole referenced above), on the other hand, brings it up in almost every reply to a thread where I have posted, so blame him for all this coming up again.

I'm heartbroken.

Next time don't go forwarding our sales correspondence to Allan for a laugh, because you should know Allan is an attention-whore and will run to his Lpower playground to post it up.

I had never planned to bring this up or air your dirty laundry about your crappy customer service, obviously, since I've had many opportunities to call you all out on it. I had a couple people advise me to raise a stink with Alex while we were in the heat of the moment, but I didn't want to in case it caused you issues in your job Will. I didn't want to go there. The last thing I would want to do is impact someone's career just because a spiteful asshole wasn't getting his dose of attention that day and decided to lash out.

I had let it go. Allan (the spiteful asshole referenced above), on the other hand, brings it up in almost every reply to a thread where I have posted, so blame him for all this coming up again.

We will have a talk with Will on this one. He's in trouble now.

Smoky..the worlds best customer.. you never have to worry about him as he will never buy anything! Haha

And oh yes..all of Alexs tt cars run like shit.....

More proof as to why I told them never to waste their time with a fcuking inbred moron.......

Lol Allan you're so sad

You're absolutely right about one thing...i'll never spend money anywhere near where you are involved.

Allan: 1 SP Engineering: -$100k

You're a winner Allan! And a great service to your sponsors. Your reputation as the biggest douche on the internet is what any vendor would want front-facing a community for them.

Now walk, pissant.

Lol Allan you're so sad

You're absolutely right about one thing...i'll never spend money anywhere near where you are involved.

Allan: 1 SP Engineering: -$100k

You're a winner Allan! And a great service to your sponsors. Your reputation as the biggest douche on the internet is what any vendor would want front-facing a community for them.

Now walk, pissant.

The only pissant is you, and the sponsors have nothing to fear from destroying your dumbass... As we all know it wont cost them a dollar...

And the reality is Allan 1- Sp Engineering 500 for the time I saved them wasting on YOU when they could be dealing with real customers..

that game is a little too much for me...they're going to spend wayyy too much time on building cars instead of running the game....since its just the 2 of them working on it.