ex-GTR owner...Gallardo next?

Salvatore

not sure what stage 1.5 is... ? I've heard about people wanting a GTT E85 setup, but haven't seen dyno numbers.... A bolt on kit on E85 should do about 800 rwhp (~740 awhp) which will get you around a 140MPH trapping car....

I think 950-1000 whp on pump and 1200+ on e85/race gas would be plenty.... after you pass 1200 whp you have to consider building the transmission....

try looking for one that is already done as well, there a few for sale right now.... no waiting and you can probably save some $$$! :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what stage 1.5 is... ? I've heard about people wanting a GTT E85 setup, but haven't seen dyno numbers.... A bolt on kit on E85 should do about 800 rwhp (~740 awhp) which will get you around a 140MPH trapping car....

I think 950-1000 whp on pump and 1200+ on e85/race gas would be plenty.... after you pass 1200 whp you have to consider building the transmission....

try looking for one that is already done as well, there a few for sale right now.... no waiting and you can probably save some $$$! :)

I got "Stage 1.5" from another thread about a LP570 owner who went with the larger Stage 2 turbos but had Stage 1 everything else. Not sure what the details are though lol. Just figured it was a cheaper option for more hp.

1100-1200whp on E85 is a Stage 2? That is where the motor gets built and certain drivetrain components get beefed up? I'd rather keep cost down as much as I can and get the most bang for my buck {yes, I know, cost cutting and Lambos do NOT go hand in hand lol!}

Thanks Fikse, and BTW I have always admired your garage.

This is actually exactly my plan!!! Even if the G isn't perfect for my needs, I could always bring it back to a tuner (for an E85 tune) to get it perfected.

I don't think there is a stage 1.5 for the '04-'08 G. In fact to my knowledge UR only did one stage 1 for the earlier cars (my first car). They're not very confident in the stock rods, which have been known to pop even in stock G's on occasion, although my car hasn't experienced any problems. The LP560/570 rods were beefed up some, and they've done several stage 1's' on them. Anyway, if you're trying to keep costs down but still want serious power, your best bet is to get say an '05 as you mentioned and go with a stage 2 setup.

I don't think there is a stage 1.5 for the '04-'08 G. In fact to my knowledge UR only did one stage 1 for the earlier cars (my first car). They're not very confident in the stock rods, which have been known to pop even in stock G's on occasion, although my car hasn't experienced any problems. The LP560/570 rods were beefed up some, and they've done several stage 1's' on them. Anyway, if you're trying to keep costs down but still want serious power, your best bet is to get say an '05 as you mentioned and go with a stage 2 setup.

GOT IT.

:icon_thumleft:

Yeah and some have since sold the GTR and come back to the GTT. :icon_mrgreen:

To the OP, I have had both a mildly modded GTR (~530whp) and a bolt-on GTT, and Underground is now doing a built motor setup on my latest Gallardo. They are both great platforms, and both are obviously AWD, but they are also different in significant ways. IMO two major factors to consider are 1) how much the look/styling of the car matters to you; and 2) how much money you have to spend. I don't know anyone who has a clue who thinks the GTR looks remotely as good as a Gallardo of any year. It just doesn't. Opinions can vary about whether it's downright ugly or kind of neat in an aggressive Japanese sort of way, but from a styling standpoint the Lambo is 2 or 3 orders of magnitude better (and it also attracts way more attention, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view). I also doubt there are many people who would rather have a modded GTR than a TT LP560 or TT SL, but an SL or LP + TT will set you back a good bit more than a comparable GTR. But they are also closer to the GTR in terms of amenities and features (the tranny still isn't as good as a DCT but it's better than the earlier cars, you have Bluetooth and satellite radio, etc.). I think Fadi (the poster mentioned above who went from a GTT to a modded GTR) has acknowledged that he may well be back in a GTT at some point, but it will be an SL or LP560. He went from a bolt-on '04 G to a GTR, which is the starkest contrast possible really from the Gallardo's standpoint.

The GTR is a great car, but I came back in large part due to not ever being able to get comfortable with the car's looks, and missing the breathtaking beauty of the Gallardo and its exclusivity. Both are great cars and both drive really, really well, but as noted they are also significantly different in certain ways. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Very good post :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: and use the GTR as a DD

also i would call Heffner and see if you can save a few bucks and still get the power you want.

I didn't want to start a tuner/sponsor war here but all I ever hear about is Underground Racing. Is Heffner a good competitor or are they more for strictly bolton mods while UR focuses on more of the built motor 1000whp+ G's?

My car would be run HARD for long stretches. It will not be a boulevard cruiser by any means.

I didn't want to start a tuner/sponsor war here but all I ever hear about is Underground Racing. Is Heffner a good competitor or are they more for strictly bolton mods while UR focuses on more of the built motor 1000whp+ G's?

My car would be run HARD for long stretches. It will not be a boulevard cruiser by any means.

some people here are UR fans and some people are Heffner fans. i personally would speak to and visit both tuners before making a decision.

i went with heffner and i have been very happy :)

Go to the tuners, and have them drive you around in an 04-08 GTT, and possibly a Stage 1 LP560, and make the call on tuner and build you want. Only way to do it IMO.

We are building more stage 3 Gallardos than anything else. 1000 WHP on pump gas and 1250WHP on race gas. Trannys are fine at that level. We took that build and turned the power up and went a 3.04 60-130 on street tires which is the street car record by far. Nothing comes close on street tires, as far as a roll race.

PM sent. thanks!

We are building more stage 3 Gallardos than anything else. 1000 WHP on pump gas and 1250WHP on race gas. Trannys are fine at that level. We took that build and turned the power up and went a 3.04 60-130 on street tires which is the street car record by far. Nothing comes close on street tires, as far as a roll race.

PM sent. thanks!

The 3.04 60-130 was with the Stage 3 build, stock transmission?

Thanks for the PM, Kevin!

Save some $ and buy a GTT that's already been built. I know we have seen at least 2 of them exchange hands for ~$150k.

Good Lord!

I will be on the hunt in the upcoming months...

Save some $ and buy a GTT that's already been built. I know we have seen at least 2 of them exchange hands for ~$150k.

I know of one 04 Underground Racing TT G that sold for around 160k. That car, IMO was the steal of the year for a TTG and I believe it sold within 24hours. All others that have sold, have sold for well over 200k. These are builds that are stage 2 and up.

See

http://www.urmotors.com/

Wow, that Spyder is really sweet (with the vinyl on the hood removed it is a beauty!)

Unfortunately I'm not in the position today to buy the car. I just bought a new home which I'll be moving into in 2 weeks and I wanted to wait a few months before I get serious looking for the right car. If by some miracle the car is still available by then, I will contact you right away!!!

Also, I have to check out the Spyders. I've only been in coupes and was never really a fan of the Spyder but maybe the driving experience is worth the ragtop.

Wow, that Spyder is really sweet (with the vinyl on the hood removed it is a beauty!)

Unfortunately I'm not in the position today to buy the car. I just bought a new home which I'll be moving into in 2 weeks and I wanted to wait a few months before I get serious looking for the right car. If by some miracle the car is still available by then, I will contact you right away!!!

Also, I have to check out the Spyders. I've only been in coupes and was never really a fan of the Spyder but maybe the driving experience is worth the ragtop.

Grats on the new home.

Honestly-Bill's Spyder is one of the nicest 04-08 G's on this board, and a steal at that price.

I know Sprite's SL went for dirt cheap ($160k?), I think his was a 1000 hp Heffner car.

Did Wayne's (g-force) spyder ever sell? I think he was asking around $150k. Also a Heffner car.

Kisco had one sell too, under $150k iirc.

I know Sprite's SL went for dirt cheap ($160k?), I think his was a 1000 hp Heffner car.

Did Wayne's (g-force) spyder ever sell? I think he was asking around $150k. Also a Heffner car.

Yea, I was just speaking of Underground Racing Gallardos. Not sure what the others bring.

Grats on the new home.

Honestly-Bill's Spyder is one of the nicest 04-08 G's on this board, and a steal at that price.

thx bud! when hes ready im sure LP will have a deal for him.

Yea, Kisco's selling for under $110k and Rippers selling for around $150k were epic deals of the century imo!!! If only timing had been right on either of those cars for me!!