Aventador name

Allan-Herbie

As everything else, you hate it until you can afford it. Then it becomes the best thing on LP since sliced bread.

Are you implying that I cant afford it? :eusa_think:

Also I didnt make the picture above..

Allan we all know that you WILL buy one...... Because you are weak !!! :icon_mrgreen:

I say between 12-18 months from now. :icon_thumleft:

I havent said that I wont buy one.. Im just in no rush to go buy one.. I just got my hands on what I consider a very special car, and I have a specific plan in mind to aquire several others, none of which currently is an Aventador, or for that matter a Murcielago.

Well, I have kept my mouth shut for a while now, but it is time for me to speak out. I am not trashing the car, BUT there are reasons I for one did not buy one right away as well. I know every one talks about how great it looks, the snap of the power and tranny..all good and fine, but now lets REALLY evaluate this car from my point of view.

FIRST off, I have learned over the many years of having cars that I will NEVER EVER buy a first year run production car, not a early 02 Murcie, a earluy 04 Gallardo etc etc..there are just to many bugs that will need to be worked out after REAL raod use by customers. You can do all the computer testing and mule driving you want, but till REAL road sue is performed, the car WILL have issues. Not of common knowledge, but the first cars dont even have full electric seats due to issue with wiring harness, there were problems with the paint product adhering to the newly developed stamped carbon fiber body parts, (yes it says its been fixed, but I like to see the paint out in sun, rain, wash, wax and 12 months down the road). THERE is a reason that the FIRST cars to Dealers are only MATT finish, think about it. There has already been several ECU computer re-flashe upgrades sent to Dealers for their cars as well.

Now fit and finish. HOW many of you have actualy looked the car over in PERSON real good? The gas filler cover is frickn PLASTIC as is all the vent surrounds, yes not molded CF or hard stamp product but just plain old run of the mill kids toy's molded plastic with infudsed color of Black Glass. Watch how fast that scratches, fades, shirnks, dis-colors, dis-forms with high heat or extrem cold IMO. The wheels have gone back to a stamped machine product, no longer forged like the 670-4SV wheels, heavier and run of the mill, I wonder what their strength formula is compared to earlier wheels. The interior IM is laid out wrong. If you have sat in the car, for more then 5 minutes and drove it more then 5 miles, as I have, you will find that there is NO WHERE to rest your right arm with out accidently hitting a center counsol button, dont even think of putting yourr left arm anywhere. It is designed to have both your hands on the wheel at all times. Of course if you opt for the steering wheel with all the button options, you will have in time an incident of accidently activating something you did not waqnt activaated. The doors as they open (yes a change required by law) but still you have to do a Kangaro dance to get in over the high floor sill, close to crawling over the crash bar on a race car. Just try to get out gracefully and if you have a Lady with you in hells and a dress, yep you are going to get a great peep show with every exit from the car. Take the parking sensro option and just turned your advanced looking car into a car wiht multiple holes around it that look like CRAP. Make sure you stay in your lane in city traffic as best as possible, because the HUGH Gallardo style side mirriors double as pedistrian killers or car next to you side scrapers.

In short, yes the car is advnace, fast etc etc..the next level so to speak. BUT that does not mean it is for everyone. You also need to relize one of the goals for Lambo was to make a car that was more affordable to people, more cost effective to the bottom line of the factory as well. The 500K car was not selling out and not making a ton of money like the Gallardo's do. SO to get it at the $382K MSRP, well you have to cut some corners to get it into that price point. A great car for some yes, do I still support Lamborghini, yes of coursse I do....but it is not a car that I am running out and paying 100K over for right now when for the same price I can have a lighter, shorther in height and better fit and finish car that is ONLY 1/10 of a second slower (so they say, I dont)no. I will keep my LP670-4SV for at least the next model year, then re-visit the product.

Of course these are just my thoughts and I am sure their are many that have other thughts.

I havent said that I wont buy one.. Im just in no rush to go buy one.. I just got my hands on what I consider a very special car, and I have a specific plan in mind to aquire several others, none of which currently is an Aventador, or for that matter a Murcielago.

You are right not to rush it, better to wait for 13 cars :icon_thumleft:

I guess you want to make a collection of older Lamborghini models, Countach etc and then in 1.5 years time top it with the Aventador :icon_pidu: Not a bad idea.

Did you sell the Bentley GT ?