Back to the roots... my first 2 Lamborghini

cowchaser

Found these in a straw box I kept for almost 40 years now... sure brings back memories... naturally they're now on display in the new garage...

post-6543-1317114055_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Got any more pics of the garage? Looks very nice

I'm still tweaking the place a bit. Not entirely happy on the lighting and probably will put some framed posters on the walls.

I'll make sure to post some more pics of the progress.

post-6543-1317118405.jpg

Great garage, i'd love to do a shoot there one day. im also from Holland. If i remember correctly we once PM'ed on here when you got the 6.0

Lovely garage, how often do you use the Auburn?

Thanks.

The Auburn wan't used that much lately. This summer we mostly had rain instead of sunshine....

Last weekend was an exception so I took her out for a long cruise on the dike roads by the river.

Max RPM of 1500... so relaxing....

Thanks.

The Auburn wan't used that much lately. This summer we mostly had rain instead of sunshine....

Last weekend was an exception so I took her out for a long cruise on the dike roads by the river.

Max RPM of 1500... so relaxing....

Very cool, hadn't heard of this before spending the last 15 minutes checking them out. Must be a great cruiser.

Nice story with the models though, the toys just get bigger as we get older :icon_thumleft:

Nice and clean.

we are all waiting to see pics of the garage with the complete collection toegether

ps: you miss only one car: a countach!

we are all waiting to see pics of the garage with the complete collection toegether

All together won't be possible now, 4 cars are in restoration... will try to shoot some more pics soon though...

Yeah.. Countach... already received a PM with a similar comment... no "purchase plans" at the moment .. and BTW the 240 sqm (2600 sq.f.) garage is getting a bit smallish as well..

Put the Miura in the garage temporary. It's still a work in progress...

Sorry for the bad quality pics, only had my phone available.. will try to make some better shots someday

post-6543-1317406306_thumb.jpg

Put the Miura in the garage temporary. It's still a work in progress...

Sorry for the bad quality pics, only had my phone available.. will try to make some better shots someday

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I have to say that it is so easy and inexpensive to do a garage make over.....for the most part. Mine was on the expensive side as I have tile floors and already have in slab radiant heat when I built the house.

But in reality, on a budget, $100 in paint for the walls and 60-120 for 2 part epoxy on the floors. Couple of hundred if you want more lighting. Same with cabinets. But it's easy to keep going. Next year I'm installing a mini split ac.

Sorry to hijack a little.

post-37-1317415340.jpg

post-37-1317415453_thumb.jpg

One more...

Floor is black granite with stainless steel particles mixed through the granite pebbles and epoxy.

Walls painted in metallic silver paint and part of the walls finished with natural stone slabs.

Finishing touch is of course the stainless steel lasercut Lamborghini logo.

Further I installed heated flooring, A/C and a dehumidifier to keep a stable temperature and dry atmoshpere, I'm still working on the lighting..

post-6543-1317419530_thumb.jpg

Have you had the 350 long? Looks exactly like the one at the Artcurial auction at LeMans Classic last year.

BTW. Very impressive garage you got there!!

Found a pic of that car, and it was not the same. Still, an awsome machine.

Not the same car... mine is the only RHD 350GT (done in the UK, the factory didn't support this at the time).. it was purchased by the Ferrari dealership in London to see what this "Lamborghini guy" was all about.... it was confirmed to me that dealership-owner Colonel Ronnie Hoare was seriously impressed by the 350GT.

• 1 month later...
One more...

Floor is black granite with stainless steel particles mixed through the granite pebbles and epoxy.

Walls painted in metallic silver paint and part of the walls finished with natural stone slabs.

Finishing touch is of course the stainless steel lasercut Lamborghini logo.

Further I installed heated flooring, A/C and a dehumidifier to keep a stable temperature and dry atmoshpere, I'm still working on the lighting..

I havent been on this forum for a while, but what a great collection you have got now! Is that Olivier Nameche`s former Miura?

I havent been on this forum for a while, but what a great collection you have got now! Is that Olivier Nameche`s former Miura?

Just a stellar garage and setup. A wonderful place to house such works of art

Thanks for the thumbs up !

The Miura is still in restoration. Actually we just started to take her apart.

She will be back to her former glory hopefully during next year.