Black 2003 Murcielago on "Pawn Stars" last night

Lightning

Lol. Passed on a deal with an old RR once and took an Ambulance on Pawn a long time ago.... But have not had a Lambo come by to Pawn or sell yet.

that red alcantara/black leather interior....isnt that DWiggs murcie?

Could very well be. He had changed the exhaust tip to an lp640 one, but he could have returned it back to stock. Also the auto check seems to support the owner being in the places he lives.

Could very well be. He had changed the exhaust tip to an lp640 one, but he could have returned it back to stock. Also the auto check seems to support the owner being in the places he lives.

It might be his, I think he ordered a LP700.

Lol. Passed on a deal with an old RR once and took an Ambulance on Pawn a long time ago.... But have not had a Lambo come by to Pawn or sell yet.

Whoa...Was anyone still in the back?? If so, what health insurance co did he have? I need to avoid them!!

It might be his, I think he ordered a LP700.

He told me he sold his Murci months ago to a lambo dealer in chicago. So that probably is his car. His replacement arrives friday from all ive seen online.

Whoa...Was anyone still in the back?? If so, what health insurance co did he have? I need to avoid them!!

Hahahaa... No one in the back but I had fun turning on the Sirens. :eusa_dance:

Really?? That is awesome. I'm a big fan of the show and he never seemed like a "Lambo" guy to me (they also didnt do anything to portray his experience with the brand, so it seemed as though he was just taking his usual 10-point walk-around before he quoted the value). He does seems like a cool guy though, I would love to visit his shop if I make it out to Vegas. That shop always has some cool toys. :)

Yup! He has a white 85/86 Downdraft and a Black on Black 85 Factory FI car with NO miles.

Really?? That is awesome. I'm a big fan of the show and he never seemed like a "Lambo" guy to me (they also didnt do anything to portray his experience with the brand, so it seemed as though he was just taking his usual 10-point walk-around before he quoted the value). He does seems like a cool guy though, I would love to visit his shop if I make it out to Vegas. That shop always has some cool toys. :)

Yup! He has a white 85/86 Downdraft and a Black on Black 85 Factory FI car with NO miles.

I've seen three "sub $100K" Murcielagos that were NOT salvage title.

Cheapest one to date was about 3 months ago. Black/Black 27K miles for $86,500

Needed a clutch soon, but wasn't roached.

So, $91K or so for a low mile no accident Murci is just about spot on the money. I would have jumped at 95K buy and sell. That was fair.

The early Murci's with average miles are on the money around $100-110.

that red alcantara/black leather interior....isnt that DWiggs murcie?

Yes that is DWiggs old car. I help put the deal together, they gave him his rims and exhaust back. I miss my ears bleeding while following that car! :icon_mrgreen:

Also watched Pawn stars and kept thinking "I hope they do more of an inspection than just walk around it"

Yes that is DWiggs old car. I help put the deal together, they gave him his rims and exhaust back. I miss my ears bleeding while following that car! :icon_mrgreen:

Also watched Pawn stars and kept thinking "I hope they do more of an inspection than just walk around it"

When you play at the bottom of the market like a Pawn Shop, inspections are only moderately important. A good car guy that has a cursory knowledge of mechanics and body can guess buy and sell within 5% without a book.

Not to toot my own horn, but I haven't looked at a "book" in years except to sell. Senile as the Old Man appears, he doesn't need a book either. The Kid (whatever his name is- Cory?) probably does.

The giant conspiracy I've tried to uncover over the years is that NADA is actually nothing more than an algorithm that uses three very simple equations:

The Base new MSRP of a vehicle.

Category-level depreciation (trucks, sedans, convertibles) which is an arbitrary number, usually between 2 to 3% per quarter and it applies to all models in that category.

Occasional accelerators on seasonal adjustments.

I used literally tens of thousands of data points from NADA that I exported to a spreadsheet to show the lack of variance on models. Not that anybody cares.

Now they CLAIM that it's market driven. And that is true inasmuch as it applies to categories. But it's NOT MODEL driven, it's category driven. The difference is very important.

However, anybody with a brain on their shoulders knows that a 1-series convertible does not depreciate anywhere near the rate that a CLK convertible depreciates.

Where it becomes self-fulfilling and actually a tool that's usable is that 80% of the morons at the used car dealership and 97% of the morons trading in cars use the tool. Anybody that's ever been to a used car auction that makes any amount of money will tell you that when they are buying a car, the last thing on their mind is what a book says a car is worth.

When you play at the bottom of the market like a Pawn Shop, inspections are only moderately important. A good car guy that has a cursory knowledge of mechanics and body can guess buy and sell within 5% without a book.

Not to toot my own horn, but I haven't looked at a "book" in years except to sell. Senile as the Old Man appears, he doesn't need a book either. The Kid (whatever his name is- Cory?) probably does.

The giant conspiracy I've tried to uncover over the years is that NADA is actually nothing more than an algorithm that uses three very simple equations:

Category-level depreciation (trucks, sedans, convertibles) which is an arbitrary number, usually between 2 to 3% per quarter and it applies to all models in that category.

I used literally tens of thousands of data points from NADA that I exported to a spreadsheet to show the lack of variance on models. Not that anybody cares.

Now they CLAIM that it's market driven. And that is true inasmuch as it applies to categories. But it's NOT MODEL driven, it's category driven. The difference is very important.

However, anybody with a brain on their shoulders knows that a 1-series convertible does not depreciate anywhere near the rate that a CLK convertible depreciates.

Where it becomes self-fulfilling and actually a tool that's usable is that 80% of the morons at the used car dealership and 97% of the morons trading in cars use the tool. Anybody that's ever been to a used car auction that makes any amount of money will tell you that when they are buying a car, the last thing on their mind is what a book says a car is worth.

I totally agree with you. My point was that by checking the little things like lift system, air intakes (batwings) and service records goes a long way when buying low and quick. I'm sure they did more than what they showed!

Until you're the "moron" running a dealership and needing to get these cars financed to buyers and the lenders use those magical books.

Jonathan

quote name='joebiz' date='Dec 14 2011, 12:10 PM' post='907647']

When you play at the bottom of the market like a Pawn Shop, inspections are only moderately important.

Not sure what you mean by this comment...I did not know I played at the bottom of the market! Inspections on anything you buy is extremely important. Most Used things have some form of "blue book" value. The book does not buy or sell. It's just a tool to use to judge the market. It's knowing your product and market to find the price to buy and sell.