What would the LEAST desired Countach be?

Allan-Herbie

Least Desirable Countach?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Least Desirable Countach?

• Carbed 2 Valve
    • F/I 2 valve
    • F/I Qv
    • Anniversary

I actually prefer the Anniv with the bigger wheels and the bumper as it think the lines flow better then chopping off the back with the no bumper.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually prefer the Anniv with the bigger wheels and the bumper as it think the lines flow better then chopping off the back with the no bumper.

That's because the larger wheels help offset the bumper mass and keep everything proportional...on stock 15, the back end just looks off IMHO

LoL. That's been a project I've been contemplating on doing.. 17x12 casted wheels...

Do it! Id put them on my reg Ct as well!

Do it! Id put them on my reg Ct as well!

Ive been toying arounf with this for past five years....I'm not sure since the cast tooling cost usually is about 10k for just the one size, do 2 and easily 20k... Not inclusive of the need to have a order minimum... Im not sure how many even want it in those sizes...Forged blanks is a possible alternative but will possible not replicate the angles because of forging blanks usually have a set profile... But forging wont give an absolute perfect match to the original...

Ive been toying arounf with this for past five years....I'm not sure since the cast tooling cost usually is about 10k for just the one size, do 2 and easily 20k... Not inclusive of the need to have a order minimum... Im not sure how many even want it in those sizes...Forged blanks is a possible alternative but will possible not replicate the angles because of forging blanks usually have a set profile... But forging wont give an absolute perfect match to the original...

Get up on it!

Get up on it!

Lol...maybe i might get some guys interested so we can amortize this thing out... I really don't want to make money off as i dont like to have my hobby become a business... And I don't want to pay 35k so that we can make 2 sets of wheels either lol.. Anyways, I'll look for the drawing first...;)

Looking at the pics of the Ann, anyone notice side skirts angle up near the rear fenders vs 88.5 qv?

Yes.. this I have known

Yes.. this I have known

So the body actually is cut upwards to try to align with the bumper... But the side is relatively symmetric. Almost cuts into the body more...

cuts into the body for sure

53170_c3347100724_cd9d334c8f_o_122_382lo.jpg

that doesnt look good with that gap there either... this flare panel that I posted earlier should be able to fix that.. but there is a hole where the bumper support goes which in this case they fashiioned a similar streak type piece to cover... Probably better would be to have a square molded fiber glass that follows the shape to be an add on piece...

post_229_1372169614.jpg

here it is a modded ann in red... imho way better than the standard with smaller wheels....

Instead of doing all these pshops, you could have had our wheels made, SV style decklids.. etc etc.. WTF!!!!

Instead of doing all these pshops, you could have had our wheels made, SV style decklids.. etc etc.. WTF!!!!

lol. fucker! lol. SV style decklid you can make here! ask chinaman! Wheels... takes at the very least a few months!

lol. fucker! lol. SV style decklid you can make here! ask chinaman! Wheels... takes at the very least a few months!

Chinaman wont do the decklid.. Need to get it out of Japan.. As for the wheels.. CLOCK IS TICKING!!! :icon_mrgreen:

I can change things around on my reg CT

No! dont do it.. It looks great as is... get a ann ct and mod it.. You would be helping to polish up the looks of the ann.

On another note, do people like carbed ann vs fuel injected ann? It would seem that based on people liking dd qv vs fuel injected qv that it would also apply to ann cts...

No! dont do it.. It looks great as is... get a ann ct and mod it.. You would be helping to polish up the looks of the ann.

I wouldnt do anything to my Countach that isnt quickly bolt up, bolt off.. For example wheels ( would have to be original look wheels, but in 17), swap decklid.. that about it .. I wouldnt touch interior, any performance mods or anything like that.

What I have been thinking about on my car, is a cool way to sticker it up, like the Walter Wolf car, but in Andretti trim..

On another note, do people like carbed ann vs fuel injected ann? It would seem that based on people liking dd qv vs fuel injected qv that it would also apply to ann cts...

I always prefer F/I.. Ultimately, what about this twist... since the F/I was only for the U.S., and DD for the rest of the world... The F/I could be a sought after collectible for the rest of the world, since there are less.

I always prefer F/I.. Ultimately, what about this twist... since the F/I was only for the U.S., and DD for the rest of the world... The F/I could be a sought after collectible for the rest of the world, since there are less.

Now that would be a thought... Interesting twist as qv dd always was viewed as the ct to get... Now it seems all of sudden fuelies aren't bad anymore... Lol i guess it's all how people spin things...lol

FI is rarer

in Europe the FI is less sought after because people want the euro version