What would the LEAST desired Countach be?

Allan-Herbie

Least Desirable Countach?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Least Desirable Countach?

• Carbed 2 Valve
    • F/I 2 valve
    • F/I Qv
    • Anniversary

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I saw it.. Sackey is such a fcuking clown..

He is still plugging away at his 25th thread and posting silver 25th pics acting like nothing happened.... I guess Monterey awaits... It's just sad how fchat became like some personal rolling advertisement for the cars he sells. And when anyone disagrees and points out even true facts that don't align with his agenda, he slams anyone on the forum. I don't agree with that type of selling at all...

Id think that some of the better kitcar replica owners wouldnt mind a set either if they were offered in different bolt patterns.

Nah... Why perpetuate the posers...the wheels should only be for ct owners...

He is still plugging away at his 25th thread and posting silver 25th pics acting like nothing happened.... I guess Monterey awaits... It's just sad how fchat became like some personal rolling advertisement for the cars he sells. And when anyone disagrees and points out even true facts that don't align with his agenda, he slams anyone on the forum. I don't agree with that type of selling at all...

I was reading some of the posts by his sheep about how his thread is the reason why 25Th prices have gone up, and people appreciate them now.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was reading some of the posts by his sheep about how his thread is the reason why 25Th prices have gone up, and people appreciate them now.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol. That is some funny stuff.

I man of your ingenuity.. should of had all this done already!

I understand the reluctance to put out something that hasn't gone through all the testing etc. On the other hand, there's a guy in the 928 world that has recreated the old 16" phone dial 928 wheel in a 18" version. This wheel, at least imo, seems far more intricate and detailed than the CT wheel, while the design isn't for everyone, the guy has done a hell of a job getting the wheel to look right in the larger size...

928Classics_Phone_Dial_Wheel_1.png

As a caveat, I have to disclose that I have no idea what goes into building a wheel so QV, don't take this post the wrong way.

I understand the reluctance to put out something that hasn't gone through all the testing etc. On the other hand, there's a guy in the 928 world that has recreated the old 16" phone dial 928 wheel in a 18" version. This wheel, at least imo, seems far more intricate and detailed than the CT wheel, while the design isn't for everyone, the guy has done a hell of a job getting the wheel to look right in the larger size...

928Classics_Phone_Dial_Wheel_1.png

As a caveat, I have to disclose that I have no idea what goes into building a wheel so QV, don't take this post the wrong way.

The 928 looks weird with 18's. Some of the older cars might not look so hot with larger wheels than stock. I am not so sure the factory wheel redone in 17 would look good. Tough call imo

The 928 looks weird with 18's. Some of the older cars might not look so hot with larger wheels than stock. I am not so sure the factory wheel redone in 17 would look good. Tough call imo

Yes, an S4 looks strange with phone dials, perhaps the guy would have been better off showing the wheel off on an older 928. Regardless, my intent was to illustrate that making a larger version of the 15" ct wheel should be easier than what this guy's accomplished.

Regarding the ct though, while the renders look great, I'm not sure the car will look right in real life with a larger version of the 15.

Yes, an S4 looks strange with phone dials, perhaps the guy would have been better off showing the wheel off on an older 928. Regardless, my intent was to illustrate that making a larger version of the 15" ct wheel should be easier than what this guy's accomplished.

Regarding the ct though, while the renders look great, I'm not sure the car will look right in real life with a larger version of the 15.

For whatever weird reason, it is one thing with aftermarket wheels and another with factory ones. My M1 street car has 17 inch HRE wheels at the back and 16 at the front, looks great. The factory wheels would like terrible in 17's.

For whatever weird reason, it is one thing with aftermarket wheels and another with factory ones. My M1 street car has 17 inch HRE wheels at the back and 16 at the front, looks great. The factory wheels would like terrible in 17's.

Actually on the m1 without the flares a 17 factory version would look good. But pro car m1 need multi piece wheels to look consistent with the Motorsport look.

Does anyone here speak Japanese? Those guys would probably jump at the chance to support this project!

Have access to those guys as well. They are more into Outlandish look vs stock look...

Usually most cars look better with updated wheels.. However, ironically the anniverary does not look good with its wheels. The wheels being multi piece makes the wheels look way too small. Plus with that bumper that blocks out the beautiful rear it makes the wheels look even more out of proportion to the car... That is why it was even brought up to build bigger wheels... Sadly, the anniversary was over done by the then young pagani... There was a reason the Countach styling stayed for 14 years with very little change. It was perfect already.

Yes. bigger wheels with same design is like doing plastic surgery..lol. A nip and a tuck there to give the perception of the original... Recreating it is not an issue. The key is to having it tested... I have been very reluctant to put out something with zero testing. The testing required involves front, side impact and fatigue testing...All those testing would take about 2 months to complete. Plus all said and done, something that would mimic the originals in terms of tooling cost would cost in excess of 20k which if just for a few sets might not make sense even if its just for few sets.... But that is usually the best way vs a bolted on 3 piece wheel which IMHO I wouldnt want to put on anyone's car...

Dude, we need to reengineer it to 17" , go through load, side impact, frontal impact, salt spray testing, fatigue testing, run out test.... All to make sure the darn thing is safe... Its not a assemble in 3 days 3 piece that will look nothing like the original...I don't want any of my ct brethren to suffer a wheel failure man...

While you're at it, get some guys together so I can amortize the cost out. It's gonna cost some deniro... If there are enough people to make it happen, I'll move forward...

I don't mean to sound stupid, but was this ever done in the 1970's, 80's or even 90's? I would have thought that quality control in the production process would be more important?

what is the current estimate (ballpark) to go from "now" to "Design completed, all above testing done, everything signed off, ready to produce"?

btw:

And why do some people continue to knock the kitcar guys? very few of them could ever afford a genuine Countach, and with fewer than 1500 (?) ever made, there simply aren't enough to go around!

They but love the design, are a source of parts (nobody tries harder to find out where Lamborghini sourced the original parts), inspiration, their cars can be driven without worrying about hideous maintainance / repair costs,and without them, demand for some parts (345 tyres??) might never be high enough to justify production..

Yes there are some horrific ones (beetle chassis etc), but the majority (at least here in Europe) are serious bits of kit. Many in the Uk use a Chassis designed by Lee Noble...

I don't mean to sound stupid, but was this ever done in the 1970's, 80's or even 90's? I would have thought that quality control in the production process would be more important?

what is the current estimate (ballpark) to go from "now" to "Design completed, all above testing done, everything signed off, ready to produce"?

btw:

And why do some people continue to knock the kitcar guys? very few of them could ever afford a genuine Countach, and with fewer than 1500 (?) ever made, there simply aren't enough to go around!

They but love the design, are a source of parts (nobody tries harder to find out where Lamborghini sourced the original parts), inspiration, their cars can be driven without worrying about hideous maintainance / repair costs,and without them, demand for some parts (345 tyres??) might never be high enough to justify production..

Yes there are some horrific ones (beetle chassis etc), but the majority (at least here in Europe) are serious bits of kit. Many in the Uk use a Chassis designed by Lee Noble...

Not sure what you are getting at... the original wheels are tested but we are considering to build a bigger sized wheel which would require testing... From testing to product is about 4-6 months...