Is anyone familiar with this Gallardo for sale in TX?

KaiatEliteMS

75k? Yeah right!

Silver, and to a lesser extend the darker greys, are notoriously the hardest colors on these cars to resell, the least desireable. Everyone wants their first Lambo to be an attention-whoring 'look at me everyone!' experience apparantly, so the Skittles colors like orange and yellow are absolutely the top two of the spectrum on the secondary market. :icon_mrgreen:

Plus there are two 2006 Gallardos, complete with the 06 model upgrades that many desire, with similar miles on them between $85 - $95k on the market currently.

And if that weren't enough, this dealer doesn't seem to be involved with many exotic-level cars, which means they probably bought this one at a wholesale auction?

Those cars are rarely story-free, but if I had to appraise the car in this thread for retail just as a buyer, I'd say an offer of between $82-$86k is appropriate if the clutch life comes in at 75% or above, and it passes a PPI with flying colors.

you've seen 06's below the 100G mark?!?!

Multiple. But again, without a PPI you never know what these cars are or why they're priced where they are. I'm speaking in generalities for the purpose of the thread.

And again, it's high-mileage cars in this case, over 30,000. Depreciation really skyrockets in all of these cars (Ferrari, Lambo, etc) when the odometer climbs past 25-30k.

It's stupid, but it's just the way it is.

link to $85k 06 Gallardo? Please don't tell me its the one on Autotrader with 65k miles. Because 30k and 60k are completely different

I said in my post "$85-$95K" as a range, don't spin my words into a tight single scenario. Am on my iPhone, will try and dig up a few cars in that range with high miles if you're interested later.

And let's stay on topic in this thread and keep it related to this particular car please.

Gallardo For Sale

Might be interested in it. All service upto date, clutch was just replaced. Dealer said it just got traded in for a Bentley. Carfax looks clean.

I think you can find a nicer car. Silver isn't really that desirable, it has high-miles, and it also doesn't have the clear bonnet...all 3 are serious resale killers.

However, if you want something that you can pick up for a good price and drive it, not worry about miles, re-selling it, etc., I think this would work.

I do agree Mako that it is silly how they depreciate once they get up around the 30K mile mark. Rick (Doltmo) has said on multiple occassions that his car feels faster and to run better the higher in mileage he got, last i remember he was up around 70K on this and climbing.

I said in my post "$85-$95K" as a range, don't spin my words into a tight single scenario. Am on my iPhone, will try and dig up a few cars in that range with high miles if you're interested later.

And let's stay on topic in this thread and keep it related to this particular car please.

I'd have to agree with Mako. Not as much the miles but a combination of the miles and one of the least desirable colors. Mako isn't determining the market, he's just stating what the market does based on astute observation.

You can ask the moon for a car but as we noticed on Jim Graham's murci sale, even the most desirable car in the most desirable color may not bring a precieved market value. Exotic buyers are a fickle bunch. When you are spending that much on a purchase you want the most for your $ bar none.

There was a 2004 silver G running around town here for a while that had some rear end damage. I remember seeing one going down Central Expressway with most of the rear end missing one day. I know the guy who had it, but could not tell you if this was it or not. Would be worth asking the question if it had any previous rear damage.

You definitely want to do your homework on it but don't rule it out based on people saying that you should be able to buy the car in the $70's. It is probably not worth $90k but at somewhere in the $80's any Gallardo that doesn't have immediate service needs or significant accident history is a good deal. I do not believe that there are any accident free Gallardos with good clutches, no oil leaks, and service history that can legitimately be purchased in the $70's today. Silver is not the best resale color but Gallardos look great in Silver and if that is what you want, it should be all that matters.

Here is a list that I made of questions to ask and things to watch out for when looking at used Gallardos - http://edbolian.com/?p=2374

Good luck with the search and enjoy the car.

All I know is that any 6-speed manual Gallardo falls into the "priceless" bracket. :D

If you like it and it checks out on the PPI, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay!

Got the price down to $88.5K, hit or skip?

Nice negotiating. What's the ppi say? Do NOT buy without a thorough ppi.