Act of Valor

HannibalACP82

Anybody seen Act of Valor yet? I scored pre-screening passes from good friend and fellow member DoubleM and I am taking my dad to see the movie tonight. I am really looking forward to it as I haven't been this excited about a movie since Black Hawk Down came out.

I don't want to steal RD's Movie Review™ but I am pretty stoked. I can post up my thoughts publicly tonight after the movie or keep them quite and you guys can PM me for details. My damn head cold/sinus infection is not going to keep me from getting out and seeing this!

I'm sure the acting will be some sort of awful, but a honest perspective of armed forces, which honestly. We don't see it for the story, we see it for the explosions. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie as well!

Going to see it tonight at 7:30. Pretty excited. I read about it months ago and they said the acting was going to look bad, but that wasnt the point. I guess the way they carry things out is supposed to look almost staged its so perfectly executed but thats exactly how it is in real life. Regardless im looking REAL forward to seeing this.

I'm sure the acting will be some sort of awful...
Yeah, either that or the SEALs will be awesome and discredit professional actors, haha. Anxious to see it too.

Good movie. Not as good as Blackhawk Down but still pretty decent. The action was intense and you felt like you were there. Was a biit hard to follow sometimes but that was due to A. heavy use of the 1st Person perspective and B. Trying to craft a story that seemed legit but took place all over the world.

The film was solid and I really appreciated the 1st Person view point. It didn't come off like a video game but rather like you were actually there. As you struggled to see who was who and where the objective was during night fight scenes, fog, night vision, gun fire and muzzle flashes you got an appreciation for what the "fog of war" is probably like.

Parts of the story seemed a bit far fetched but nothing seemed over the top. I don't want to ruin anybody's experience so I am trying to be vague. Some of the dialogue was a bit campy or cheezy but I've never served on a team before so I don't know how they do/don't communicate during down time/in a theater of operations but not downrange.

I'd say the movie is worth your cash if for no other reason than to support/honor the troops that played a part on making it. Very nice tribute at the end to all NSW personnel lost since 9-11.

I 100% agree with all of hannibals sentiments. As for the dialogue, it is a bit cheesy, but knowing ahead of time its real seals and not actors i actually expected it to be worse. There are scenes where an actor woudl have been able to show emotion better, but overall really doesnt take away from the story line. Its a good movie. Not great. But definitely good.

I just want to see it because it was filmed mostly with handheld DSLR's which is very rare/new thing for big budget productions and this is like the only movie ever done where they used live rounds for a LOT of the special effects. Specifically that truck that gets blown up in the chase during the trailer... the director said the marine boys didn't rig anything - but actually just fired the real ordinance at it... that kind of realism and lack of CGI b.s. makes it a must see for me!

Check out some of the behind the scenes live fire here:

http://screenrant.com/act-valor-live-ammun...e-sandy-148715/

Thanks for the review boys!