Is this one worht buying?

rovingtravler

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would remove the S emblem by putting on a euro rearend. The rest of the story is this: So much effort was put into making a U.S. version of the 4 valve car and making it DOT and EPA compliant that they would "NEVER" mess with a F.I. car or tweak its engine. "Never" was used by Balboni. I guess it makes sense they couldn't risk any problems importing them. So pretty solid that no FI car was ever modded by the factory. VB specifically didn't know or recall anything about the S or where it came from.

I think shedding light on the facts of these cars is to everyones benefit and helps make the cars more legit, even if it initially hurts. Now we know what exactly this car is. Personally, I still love it...and we still don't know if it really sold!!!

ok, so it actually is a special color and last FI made but NOT a special tuned car....and, as i said before, it makes QUITE a difference in value

...also Valentino confirmed my understanding no US FI QV ever recieved a special engine

a nice car but NOT worth 189k$ IMO

i think 150k$ or so ...i would back up the 189k$ offert

it is the fact this car "could" (because it is not certain at the moment and i have never heard of special tuned "S" USA QV before) be a special tuned one with papers from factory

Silvera LP400 is a documented "special tuned" car and it is worth more than the "regular" LP

this FI QV is last made, special color (a nice one most would agree) and "may" be special engine

if the last thing is confirmed i can see it to be worth in the 180k $ range, considering it is also a very very nice conditions car

if the seller has not the papers to back up the "S" claim i do think it is less valuable and worth a good 20k$ less (at least)

Yes Emilio you were right.. I will add though as you stated last FI made. It was ALSO the last QV made. The next car

to be built was an Anniv model. My acquaintance that bid on the blue car is interested in the FI cars... not carbs.

I confirmed this last night on the phone so that is what he is shopping for.