Grand Sport Vitesse

EpDarks

Link: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1073268...debut?fbfanpage

Set to debut in just a few weeks at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show is Bugatti’s latest model, the Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse.

The stunning supercar is the result of combining the record-breaking Veyron Super Sport with the more lifestyle-oriented Veyron Grand Sport.

And contrary to previous reports, the ultimate open-top Bugatti brings with it the full 1,200 horsepower and 1,106 pound-feet of torque of the Veyron Super Sport’s quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter W-16 engine, though we don't expect it to match its 268-mph world record speed.

The increased power is made possible by the four enlarged turbochargers and intercoolers. The chassis has also been modified to support the power increase.

Speaking at the unveiling of the new Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, Bugatti CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer said, “The rapid success of the Super Sport convinced us to increase the performance of the Bugatti roadster. Once again our engineers worked hard to demonstrate that Bugatti is able to constantly redefine the boundaries of what is technically feasible.”

Expect the latest addition to the Bugatti lineup to also feature a roofless ‘targa’ option rather than a full convertible top. And like the Veyron Grand Sport, while the roof will be removable, there will be no storage space for it within the car, so the cover will have to be taken off at home.

Unfortunately, Bugatti is yet to reveal final performance figures but you can bet that it will be somewhat faster than the regular Veyron Grand Sport. More details should be forthcoming at the new model’s official world debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.

bugatti-veyron-grand-sport-vitesse_100383099_l.jpg

I wonder how many cars they've built over the originally intended 300 production run.

I thought it was going to be 300 coupes and 150 roadsters.

I thought it was going to be 300 coupes and 150 roadsters.

Those are the same numbers I have heard as well. This GS looks soo much better than the SS Coupe. I like

the look with the big air scoops in the back

Those are the same numbers I have heard as well. This GS looks soo much better than the SS Coupe. I like

the look with the big air scoops in the back

I agree. The SS Coupe had really impressive numbers, but it just didn't look right to me. Getting the 1200hp engine with a removable roof and the better looking design seems like a win to me. I'll take mine in raw carbon fiber and orange, please.

I agree. The SS Coupe had really impressive numbers, but it just didn't look right to me. Getting the 1200hp engine with a removable roof and the better looking design seems like a win to me. I'll take mine in raw carbon fiber and orange, please.

SS Coupe is really ugly....especially in the black orange combo...this looks a lot better.

SS Coupe is really ugly....especially in the black orange combo...this looks a lot better.

I don't like the orange/black they used for the world record edition either. This is what I had in mind....

Veyron.jpg

I don't like the orange/black they used for the world record edition either. This is what I had in mind....

post-47348-1329962571.jpg

damn that looks awesome

I will take that over a WR SS anyday

There is nothing wrong with the stock Halloween Hobgoblin Veyron SS black/orange color scheme.

God knows Porsche has gotten away with FAR worse on their CS cars for decades...

I wonder how many cars they've built over the originally intended 300 production run.

Special versions are included.

GS limit is 150, some ~50 were sold - there might be up to 100 Vitesse.

Special versions are included.

there might be up to 100 Vitesse.

Probably correct, as they placed an order for 90-100 Veyron transmission units from mfg Ricardo late last year, and everyone was speculating what it meant at that time since production was ending.

Now we know...