Mr Polo has 3

1 red one in SF Dealership

I have seen a black one

there is a white one in new york

Don Wallace - n florida has a F1 with an LM engine in it

Mr Oracle used to have a Silver one and that one is still in N. Cal

Herb Chambers has a silver one in Massachusetts

Larry Blair - has XP4 in Blue

I know there are more--these are only the ones I can come up with now....

There are more than 7 f1s in the US

Mr Polo has 3

1 red one in SF Dealership

I have seen a black one

there is a white one in new york

guy in florida has a F1 with an LM engine in it

Mr Oracle used to have a Silver one and that one is still in N. Cal

Herb Chambers has a silver one

I know there are more--these are only the ones I can come up with now....

Thats cool and all.. but 7 has a nice ring to it.. :icon_mrgreen:

Thats cool and all.. but 7 has a nice ring to it.. :icon_mrgreen:

But why present terribly inaccurate information when the truth, or at least a number much closer to the truth, is readily available. People may read your caption and actually believe what you have written is factual when its clearly not. Is the number '7' all that much more impressive than saying something like "approximately two dozen?" Of course not...

McLaren shared this photo during a presentation on the McLaren F1 at Pebble Beach this summer giving a rough idea of all the road-registered F1s around the world. Click to enlarge:

6127182660_c9bf71a665_z.jpg

Even the list that FREAKZILLA linked to is missing one car right this second that I am certain is here - chassis #001. I'll go and fix that now. Maybe you can fix your caption too - it certainly wouldn't kill ya. :)

>8^)

ER

7 in Brunei?? The Sultan has 7 all to himself? and 2 in new zealand? that's like half the GDP of NZ on those cars haha

But why present terribly inaccurate information when the truth, or at least a number much closer to the truth, is readily available. People may read your caption and actually believe what you have written is factual when its clearly not. Is the number '7' all that much more impressive than saying something like "approximately two dozen?" Of course not...

McLaren shared this photo during a presentation on the McLaren F1 at Pebble Beach this summer giving a rough idea of all the road-registered F1s around the world. Click to enlarge:

Even the list that FREAKZILLA linked to is missing one car right this second that I am certain is here - chassis #001. I'll go and fix that now. Maybe you can fix your caption too - it certainly wouldn't kill ya. :)

>8^)

ER

I totally agree

7 in Brunei?? The Sultan has 7 all to himself? and 2 in new zealand? that's like half the GDP of NZ on those cars haha

Brunei originally started with at least 9, or perhaps 10. One of their cars made its way to the UK and then finally to the USA. Another was written off when a mechanic crashed it into a rock wall in Brunei. After the factory determined they couldn't put it back together, the story goes that the parts were returned to Brunei to be used as spares. Brunei still have two road cars (#002 & #008) three F1 LMs (LM1, LM4 & LM5) one F1 GTR (#09R) and one F1 GT (54F1GT).

One of the cars in New Zealand has been there since new - owned by one of the brothers who runs Whittaker Chocolates, a famous and historic brand in NZ. Amazingly I have just one single photograph of this car despite the fact that it had over 14,000 kms on its odometer at its last inspection. I guess the folks in NZ don't own cameras or can't access the internet? Strange...

The other car made its way there in 2008 after bouncing around a bit. It started life in Japan, then went to Germany where the owner had McLaren perform significant upgrades, including the fitment of an LM-spec engine and the High Downforce Kit. Then it made a brief stop in the UK before being sold to Singapore. It spent a few years there before winding up in NZ. It's one of the best examples of the F1 road car I think.

4649173111_4e4668a26d_b.jpg

4649792218_f5ffc0ee52_b.jpg

4299932652_f992a20a69_b.jpg

4303374712_ed0b10cc18_o.jpg

>8^)

ER

Only 5 in continental Europe? Or is it just France?

That count was for all of Europe and would not include the handful of unregistered F1 GTRs known to be there and may also have excluded the F1 road car that is kept in the BMW Classics Collection Museum in Munich.

BTW - the info presented there was accurate in early August of last year and had changed twice already by the time the slide was shown in Pebble Beach. I can assure you it has changed again several times since then, as while there are many long term F1 owners, the cars do move around more than some people might expect.

>8^)

ER

Holy off topic thread batman. Who cares if he put the wrong number. Most of the people that watch aren't going to care what the actual number is, they just want to see the video!

Who cares if he put the wrong number.

I care. :)

I've dedicated quite a bit of the past decade in learning, recording and sharing the great history of these cars and attempt to correct/clarify/combat misinformation wherever I find it. That's how others will learn and its sad that you don't see the value in accurate information.

>8^)

ER

Didn't you just state above that you don't know the actual correct number? Maybe there are only 7 cars in the US according to paperwork. Maybe the other cars you think you know are here are titled in other countries but here for other purposes. When you have a true value with documentation to back it up, then you can get back to me on the value of accurate information. I know the value of accurate information....when it matters :)

Can I state with absolute certainty or even prove that there are 27 cars here at this very moment - no, I sure can't. The information just doesn't flow that freely and things are subject to change without notice from time to time.

Can I assure you there are more than 3 times the 7 that are claimed within the video - most definitely, without a shred of doubt and I could list every chassis number and supply the owner's name and general location of every single car I am counting.

If you care to believe what I say that's up to you. If you care to believe what's shown in the video that's also your right. But its wrong.

>8^)

ER

Can I state with absolute certainty or even prove that there are 27 cars here at this very moment - no, I sure can't. The information just doesn't flow that freely and things are subject to change without notice from time to time.

Can I assure you there are more than 3 times the 7 that are claimed within the video - most definitely, without a shred of doubt and I could list every chassis number and supply the owner's name and general location of every single car I am counting.

If you care to believe what I say that's up to you. If you care to believe what's shown in the video that's also your right. But its wrong.

>8^)

ER

I can appreciate your accuracy, thanks for sharing your information.

Peloton,

Some years ago, I saw some show about internet wiz kids, that made it big in the IT business. The program featured quite a bit of cars, incl. some indian guy with a 355 (Thinking it was one of the google founders?) a 550 Maranello and a garage and some dude getting a silver Mclaren F1 delivered. Do you know which show that is and where it can be found? :D

Peloton,

I also appreciate the effort to provide accurate info. Over the years I have always been astounded by your personal archives detailing the history of each F1 chassis around the world.

Thanks for sharing!

Peloton,

I also appreciate the effort to provide accurate info. Over the years I have always been astounded by your personal archives detailing the history of each F1 chassis around the world.

Thanks for sharing!

:icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Didn't you just state above that you don't know the actual correct number? Maybe there are only 7 cars in the US according to paperwork. Maybe the other cars you think you know are here are titled in other countries but here for other purposes. When you have a true value with documentation to back it up, then you can get back to me on the value of accurate information. I know the value of accurate information....when it matters :)

Eric knows his F1s and if he says there are 27 in the USA there are 27. He can tell you the colors, locations, car numbers, and

just about anything you want to know about each car. So saying there are only 7 cars in the us is a very very low ball number andf far from the truth. Even Mclaren knows how much Eric knows about these cars. As for as value goes Eric is a guru when it comes to the f1

Eric knows his F1s and if he says there are 27 in the USA there are 27. He can tell you the colors, locations, car numbers, and

just about anything you want to know about each car. So saying there are only 7 cars in the us is a very very low ball number andf far from the truth. Even Mclaren knows how much Eric knows about these cars. As for as value goes Eric is a guru when it comes to the f1

27 or 7 ...whats the difference? :icon_mrgreen: