Got it today!!

lambolp400s

So, started some work on it today, and started to disassemble the ving to have it repainted. What I found is this: Under all the bubbles, it does not look to be the expected moisture making the bubbles. Had a friend that is the one that when time come will paint the car at his shop to come over, and he said that what have happened is that the aluminium is detoriating. Under all the bubbles ther was this fine powder aluminium turns into. The core is made from polystyrene with a layer of polyester that should not contain moisture. Took one side off to see. Inside, the alu I can see is perfect, but probably, the priming of the ving have probably not been so from new/ not used alu-primer? After all, they was delivered from a outside supplier. This ving have been tried fixed one time before, so I found the repaired/filled patches, and a new layer of filler and new paint on it. Since the aluminium have started to oxidize, it is allmost impossible to stop the prosess unless one grind it away making the THIN layer even thinner, I was recomended to put one layer of mat and epoxy over it to avoid future blisters.

As the side of the ving show, it looks like it has NOT been white in a earlier stage of its life, but yellow all the time. Anyone that might be able to help out to confirm that? Car is 1121448.

Bilde0325.jpg

Bilde0326.jpg

Bilde0327.jpg

Bilde0328.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought: the wing may have been installed at a later time

countach register states the car was born white

Like this!! I say no ving. Mine is fiberglass non original but I still had bodywork and paint on it just because it arrived to me on the car.

post-37-1333242410_thumb.jpg

post-37-1333242418_thumb.jpg

post-37-1333242527_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Does look good in yellow and condition looks pretty good as well. What else is needed to bring it up to par?