The New Bentley SUV Revealed - Geneva...

Mako

What I can't understand is how something like this doesn't get stopped at the factory before leaving and having to have the public tell you it's ugly and the press write up about it being hideous.

You're telling me that out of the whole team of Brits that probably spent months carving this thing out of clay... Molding the body panels, upholstering the interior.. There wasn't one crooked toothed bloke who took a step back... Gazed at what was before him and said out loud " MY god this really turned out to be an awful experiment..people really aren't going to be happy with this"

Then on top of that, the top brass has to okay everything... Somewhere in the factory they were watching this take place,following the project and then I'm sure there was half a dozen execs sitting around a table and the final show car was sitting on the factory floor before them and they all shook each others hands and said "let's go with it!". I can't fathom the whole process getting this far. Lol. End rant.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can't understand is how something like this doesn't get stopped at the factory before leaving and having to have the public tell you it's ugly and the press write up about it being hideous.

You're telling me that out of the whole team of Brits that probably spent months carving this thing out of clay... Molding the body panels, upholstering the interior.. There wasn't one crooked toothed bloke who took a step back... Gazed at what was before him and said out loud " MY god this really turned out to be an awful experiment..people really aren't going to be happy with this"

Then on top of that, the top brass has to okay everything... Somewhere in the factory they were watching this take place,following the project and then I'm sure there was half a dozen execs sitting around a table and the final show car was sitting on the factory floor before them and they all shook each others hands and said "let's go with it!". I can't fathom the whole process getting this far. Lol. End rant.

Well part of it Rob was revealed when they used the term "heavy handed" to describe the styling direction error.

That's code for: "This was developed for Chinese and Middle-East buyers, who LOVE cars that look absolutely hideous to Western tastes because they're so over the top".

It was a tactical mistake, and one I believe they're legitimately regretful about. They tried pandering a little too much too quickly to the newer growth markets and alienated their longtime core customer base.

We'll see more of this sort of thing as time passes and luxury brands attempt to please everyone...some of them will work while others like this concept won't.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

All I can say about that first design is "OMG LOL WTF." Looks like something out of the old Soviet Union or something! The interior was awesome-looking though.

I LOVE the concept below however, at least from the angle it is shown (I might not like it from another angle). What particular concept vehicle is that?

I was expecting something more like this...more sport element.

a.jpg

I LOVE the concept below however, at least from the angle it is shown (I might not like it from another angle). What particular concept vehicle is that?

It's a photoshop made by Autoexpress magazine.

I think the one in the video in a better exterior color with the same interior except with the piano black trim and some different wheels and that would be hot! The interior design and roof are awesome!

• 1 year later...