Anybody know about this site?

CountryBoy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is good at putting cars out for sale at high prices. The sold Countach was bought in NY in november for about $79K and one week later offered for $185K.....

What would be a fair price on the 1986 DD? I know he wants 200K for the 87 QV.

i think 180-200k$ is more or less the fair price of the DD

I only had one conversation with him in which he was smug and rude and I happily walked away. Of course knowing that he is hunting down cars from the country's dwindling inventory and jacking the prices to beyond European levels is sort of a turn off, but from his attitude I don't need to buy a car 79k from him either. I'm too old to have to put up with stupid shit and I'd rather it be a fun experience than a fight. He doesn't seem to have as much knowledge on the cars as other sellers so I got the feeling that I would be gambling more than usual on a car in his possession. For all I know this thread could either be an honest inquiry or a promotional attempt, but the answer is the same.

He is good at putting cars out for sale at high prices. The sold Countach was bought in NY in november for about $79K and one week later offered for $185K.....

Does anyone know the actual sale price of that car? It looks like the only CT he has actually sold.

Now showing the DD in writing as 1 of 13 on the advertisement :)

Does anyone know the actual sale price of that car? It looks like the only CT he has actually sold.

I saw somewhere the car went to Japan.

That black car does not look like a 1200 mile car. Seats appear to have been redyed (different shade) Instrument cluster looks to have been removed (paint damaged under retaining screws). Engine compartment and exaust dont represent it either. Usually pics are forgiving. Curious what the car might look like in person. $200K asking price on EBAY....Thats Silly

I only had one conversation with him in which he was smug and rude and I happily walked away. Of course knowing that he is hunting down cars from the country's dwindling inventory and jacking the prices to beyond European levels is sort of a turn off, but from his attitude I don't need to buy a car 79k from him either. I'm too old to have to put up with stupid shit and I'd rather it be a fun experience than a fight. He doesn't seem to have as much knowledge on the cars as other sellers so I got the feeling that I would be gambling more than usual on a car in his possession. For all I know this thread could either be an honest inquiry or a promotional attempt, but the answer is the same.

Im a lil confused by this. Only guys that called were 2 dealers, Bobby, and a Prince.

it did 169500 asking price in DuPont Reg, sold in 12 hours of listing... went to the middle east. Sorry to hear someone say I was rude... that is not me at all, sorry you felt that way,.. I had calls asking if I paid 79k for CT, they just left out the price of a new clutch and other minor stuff.. added mucho to the bill. thanks any questions contact me. All my cars are very nice and are 25 years old so they do have lite ware, but I didn't mind when I bought them, I have an 84 coming this month too also a sidedraft.

Does anything sneak past you? I think that's the '87 that came out of Ooley & Blackburn from a California owner, IIRC. Maybe they know.

Yes I bought it from John Blackburn a personal a dear friend. It was Joe Nastasi personal car. 1200 miles.

That black car does not look like a 1200 mile car. Seats appear to have been redyed (different shade) Instrument cluster looks to have been removed (paint damaged under retaining screws). Engine compartment and exaust dont represent it either. Usually pics are forgiving. Curious what the car might look like in person. $200K asking price on EBAY....Thats Silly

this car was part of Joe Nastasi's personal collection, issued on the title (Nastasi racing/ motoring) . I bought the car from John Blackburn, John is a great guy and I trust the miles and the car do to who owned it, condition, and who I purchased it from.. thats the safe way to do business when it come to exotics. I have the car ready to show and it is perfect, just perfect full of the factory imperfections, just the way I like them.

Im a lil confused by this. Only guys that called were 2 dealers, Bobby, and a Prince.
Ok, well those guys aren't me, so it's a he/said/she/said. The above is the only feedback I can offer from one interaction, so take it for what its worth. I came away annoyed. I sincerely do hope that is not your way, but we didn't jive. It suffices to say that of all the folks I've spoken with over the past year, that's only happened twice.

Ok, well those guys aren't me, so it's a he/said/she/said. The above is the only feedback I can offer from one interaction, so take it for what its worth. I came away annoyed. I sincerely do hope that is not your way, but we didn't jive. It suffices to say that of all the folks I've spoken with over the past year, that's only happened twice.

Well allow me this, my name is Tony and I am really passionate about 1 car, the Countach. Sometime when these cars come available feelings get involved. If your ever in Orlando just find a favorite restaurant(my treat) and we can share some Countach stories. Cheers!

TR

Bobby is me and I am glad I met Tony he is all good in my book.

Well allow me this, my name is Tony and I am really passionate about 1 car, the Countach. Sometime when these cars come available feelings get involved. If your ever in Orlando just find a favorite restaurant(my treat) and we can share some Countach stories. Cheers!

TR

Welcome Tony! You are amongst lots of Countach folks here! Looking forward to hearing your stories, feelings and love for all things Countach. I sure love mine! They are fun and get more attention than any car I've ever owned (as I'm sure you know!) :-)

Mike

Welcome Tony! You are amongst lots of Countach folks here! Looking forward to hearing your stories, feelings and love for all things Countach. I sure love mine! They are fun and get more attention than any car I've ever owned (as I'm sure you know!) :-)

Mike

Thank you Sir. When I think of the right words to describe the feeling I get from the Countach, I go speechless... Thanks for the warm welcome. -Tony

Ohhh, this is the guy who bought that red Countach cheap and turned around and advertised/ sold it for alot more.

If so, we discussed this. Most of the folks on both boards were not crazy about that BUT I was the one who said he did exactly what he was suppose to do. That is what the business is for. People say it was a cheap shot to just flip the car but that what some people are in the business for. Only 2 people will by these car, folks who want it in their garage and guys who want to put it in your garage.

Also, selling for a much higher price, in the long run, is always better for us owners.

Welcome aboard. We are owners, we are here to help and enjoy eachothers conversations.

By the way, some of us said that someone should jump on that car at that price and nobody did....well except for Tony.....the smart one :)

To be clear, I addressed the OP on feedback with any dealings/interactions. Criticism is my daily business (sometimes good, sometimes bad), and I don’t have rough edges for lack of earning them. While I agree with others on this site who were shocked by the flipping prices of his CTs, I wasn't so much commenting on that. As far as price goes, sure higher prices are good for values but only as a credible increasing trend. Statistical outliers like Tony's simply increase the time to sell (it’s Tony's prerogative to sit on a car as long as he likes) as well as send cars overseas in today's market. The only downside I can think of is that the high prices isolate cars from the market when the inventory is shrinking. In an ideal world, I would prefer to see cars in play, changing hands smoothly rather than sitting for so long even if prices are going up in general. Otherwise, for you Tony, my criticism stops and ends without any agendas or further thought, and it's at least worth some points for a guy to face potential criticism or negative comments rather than turn-tail and run for the hills.

With what we are saying about passion and buying/selling cars, it is a high wire to walk for a seller. You may very well be the most passionate CT owner on Earth, but when flipping exotic cars it's a tough sell because motive interferes. If you are flipping a car at the top end of the price range (that most people see as an average example) and claim passion and emotional connection while selling it, it becomes the classic example of the evangelist who has so much passion for the religion as he rakes in millions to show for it; i.e. not so believable despite your best efforts to explore what may be genuine. Many sellers are still able to convey their personal passions for these cars as well as justify the needs of their business to create a logical picture for a buyer, but that's a real challenge. Charging money for an emotion-based product is the [unavoidable] art of mixing oil and water.

I do believe there was an issue in the past with an LP member and a Countach that was sold by Tony. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure this was the case.. The car was represented as one thing, and turned out to be quite another..