Anybody know about this site?

CountryBoy

I do believe there was an issue in the past with an LP member and a Countach that was sold by Tony. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure this was the case.. The car was represented as one thing, and turned out to be quite another..

The only Countach I ever sold was Feb 2012 1983 red car with the gold wheels, went to a member of the royal family. Car was inspected then delivered overseas to a very happy client. I now work personally for that client. Your thinking of the wrong Tony. Cheers!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sir. When I think of the right words to describe the feeling I get from the Countach, I go speechless... Thanks for the warm welcome. -Tony

I would be speechless also, if I could flip a car for more than twice what I paid

The only Countach I ever sold was Feb 2012 1983 red car with the gold wheels, went to a member of the royal family. Car was inspected then delivered overseas to a very happy client. I now work personally for that client. Your thinking of the wrong Tony. Cheers!

Are you in Florida? I believe this Tony was in Florida..

I think you are speaking of and thinking of the "Tony" that also does the "Back to the future cars" and is a best buddy of Joe Sackey..??

I am in Clermont Florida(since98), my last name is Rienzi.

Some of my cients listed below.

-Randy Mattison of Motor cars International-

-Sean Harris of Steve Harris Imports

-Scott Ales of Scott Ales Inc

-John Blackburn from Ooley & Blackburn

-Rob Torres Lexus of San Antonio

-Steve Kessler of Kessler Imports

- Scott & Marcelo of Autosport USA

Tony in Florida reminds me of Tony Ierardi...are you talking about him?

honestly i cannot believe he sold a bad countach :eusa_think: ...almost all his lambos looked to be Show-winner cars

i have done business whit him and he had always been great!!

it did 169500 asking price in DuPont Reg, sold in 12 hours of listing... went to the middle east. Sorry to hear someone say I was rude... that is not me at all, sorry you felt that way,.. I had calls asking if I paid 79k for CT, they just left out the price of a new clutch and other minor stuff.. added mucho to the bill. thanks any questions contact me. All my cars are very nice and are 25 years old so they do have lite ware, but I didn't mind when I bought them, I have an 84 coming this month too also a sidedraft.

Hi Tony,

Welcome. I completely missed the all saga of the Red 86 DD put on sale in Nov. I wished Peter would have call me :) as he knew..

Anyway I dont want to rehash the price thing but I would like to hear about that car story from its history. There are a few red DDs in the USA and I am interested in their history (I have one). The one you got has the desirable euro side light and I dont recall having seen a Red DD in the USA with them.

it did 169500 asking price in DuPont Reg, sold in 12 hours of listing... went to the middle east. Sorry to hear someone say I was rude... that is not me at all, sorry you felt that way,.. I had calls asking if I paid 79k for CT, they just left out the price of a new clutch and other minor stuff.. added mucho to the bill. thanks any questions contact me. All my cars are very nice and are 25 years old so they do have lite ware, but I didn't mind when I bought them, I have an 84 coming this month too also a sidedraft.

Tony, I emailed you recently and I am waiting on a response.

Can you email me details on the sidedraft?

Thanks

I am in Clermont Florida(since98), my last name is Rienzi.

Some of my cients listed below.

- Scott & Marcelo of Autosport USA

I don't know if I'd brag about that. You are aware that they've been out of business for several years, correct?

BTW, isn't that red DD the one that Bobileff was selling?

Is this the same Tony that was selling Deloreans in Fla a few years back?

I don't know if I'd brag about that. You are aware that they've been out of business for several years, correct?

BTW, isn't that red DD the one that Bobileff was selling?

Not at all, they sold the dealership to Sonic group then years later it closed but they still do the heavy cars wholesale. I don't sell deloreans, bought 1 before it was junk...

Tony, I emailed you recently and I am waiting on a response.

Can you email me details on the sidedraft?

Thanks

MyImac is having problems loading my new mail...Ill check my mail now thanks.

If you're going to be hocking your wares here then you need to sponsor like the rest of the dealers here.

If you're going to be hocking your wares here then you need to sponsor like the rest of the dealers here.

I never tried to sell a car here once, I got a call from a member who knew me saying someone posted my website so I looked into the thread, not sure I ever posted prior to just like to read lil. I have no problems sponsoring. Seems like all I have been able to write was a reply stating that Im not this/that Tony.

Too many Italian names for you guys or what? :)

Tony I. near Naples is the Tony that's been around here for years. Refinishes parts and makes them look brand new. Doing a lot of work on Brians pawn shop car.

This Tony, Mr Rienzi says he is near Orlando and has bought some of these cars and resold a few and yes has some listed with

prices that some consider optimistic. Great photos on Ebay

I don't know him (Rienzi) but it did not seem to me that he came on here "Advertising" but instead just contributing to a thread that mentioned him and his cars. I also don't anyone that ever sold a car that at least didn't WANT to make a profit.

If you don't like someones prices then don't buy from them.

Funny that the more important or famous you are, the expression: His personal car acquires a different meaning. Personal car= your car? :)

I am sadly shocked by some of our board member comments. I am a business owner and as an owner I have the right to make a profit. Whether I get a great deal on the product I sell or not I have the right to charge/advertise and make a profit even it it is at a 10% loss or a 110% gain. I am not in the business to lose money. We all knew the Countach for $79k was a "steal" so if the person that bought it is a wholesaler and does some repairs, then re-lists the car on ebay for double what he paid for it and sold it then God Bless him! That is called BUSINESS!

If you think a dealer is asking over retail (what is new) then make an offer. I would way rather have a dealer offer cars over retail than wholesale and kill the Lambo market for Lambo owners.

It is pathetic how some of your guys are acting. But, some of you are also positive which is always nice to give someone the benefit of the doubt...especially when you are talking about someone's business and livelihood.

Also, I do not know who tony is but if I were Tony and someone contacted me stating that my business and ethics are being questioned on a web site I would do exactly what Tony did - proactively come on the board, offer those members that may have had a bad phone call dinner on him next time that person is in Florida, and just defend himself from people's negative comments. I also do not think he has posted any cars for sale on this site. If Tony wants to advertise on the board that would be amazing since he does sell cars we all love. Just my .02

Should I re-clarify? I have no problem with the mechanics of business. It's only when emotion meets money do people start getting uncomfortable. Sell a car at 110% profit...doesn't matter to me...more power to ya'. But flipping cars and claiming you are emotionally vested in them just to grab ignorant buyers will garner a reputation all its own. In an exotic car transaction, customers own the emotion and sellers own the money. If you as a seller are emotionally vested in the cars and want to use that as a credibility card with buyers, I'm sure it helps if you can share your interests through other means and your reputation among enthusiasts will precede itself as being involved on both planes.

But that's off-topic. The question was asked if anyone had any dealings. I responded as I would hope others might return the favor if I needed it. If we all just floated through life without honoring some negative criticism, we wouldn't get anywhere (and possibly encourage a false sense of community). It may come off as fair or unfair, but in the big picture everything will settle where it's supposed to be.

If anything, this is good. Now Tony has the feedback of, "ok, whatever happened...I know/don't know what happened...but can ultimately reconsider how I might tweak my performance in order to avoid bad PR or really grab that next buyer, maximize my profit, and be ready for the unexpected." Getting blindsided on a random internet forum, he might be pissed off, uncomfortable, annoyed, whathaveyou, but he's a better seller for it in the long run. Even if he can observe the dynamics of the varied comments here, he can better understand the varied personalities he could be selling to. Mo betta.

I agree SingleSeat.

I have spoken with Tony Rienzi many times on the phone. He has offered me cars to purchase wholesale that he was taking in on trade. I have never had a problem with him, he has always been kind and polite. If I was in the market and he had something I was interested in, I would not hesitate to contact him. I would do my due diligence as any buyer should, but to bash someone for flipping a car for any markup, be it 10% or 1000%, is ludicrous. When you go into Walmart, they have not one thing on their shelves that doesn't have at least 300% markup in it. There is somewhat of an economy of scale here, but if he bought the car right, put money into service and reconditioning and restoration, he should be proud that he made a nice car out of it and made some money. To say that he made 100% keystone on it is ignorant. I have never seen a bill on a Countach that didn't start with at least a 1X,XXX.XX dollar amount. He likely spent 30k making the car right enough for him to sell and not have complete blowback from the client upon receipt.

It all started a long time ago----- One summer night (1981)my father and mother took us 4 kids to the drive-in movies (Cannonball Run), I the youngest of the 4 always had to sit between my parents, it was their way of keeping my A.D.H.D under control. So on this night the only thing I can remember is the movie is about to start and I hear this sound, a sound I never heard before, now remember, Im like 6 at the time, anyways I see this "thing" and hear it shifting gears.....I SNAP, "OMG OMG WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT DAD?" "ANTHONY CALM DOWN!" He then kicks me out of the Cadillac. I watch the rest of that scene outside the car. You see at that very moment in time, I knew what I wanted out of life. The Countach is why I moved to florida, its why I buy and sell exotics. As a kid all I wanted to do was be around them cars, so my Father would take me over the bridge(NJ)on friday night to window shop. I can remember looking through the glass of a dealership late night and saying "dad, one day Im going to get one." He told me "Anthony I don't want you to be a dreamer".. Now understand, I almost lost my father years ago, he is a heart patient and sick. He loves that Im doing what I am passionate about, plus he thinks its a cool profession to be in. Guys I want you to all know something, I never did this for the money, when my father said "Anthony...YA DID IT" that feeling I can't describe....My Dad is not doing to good and Im just so happy he can see I wasn't a dreamer...I really do love these cars and can't believe God heard my heart when I was a kid and did this all for me...I Now have 4 Countaches and sold the 85 merlot car this week. Even though I sold about just 50 exotics since I started(2006), 6 month ago I never would have believed I'd find "1" let alone 6 in 2 months. I don't take the credit for what I do because if I wasn't as healthy as I am I wouldn't be able to do anything... So Its not about Me or Money but about that feeling I get inside when I am around the cars.

-Tony

PS

*I sold my first Countach on my birthday, it was the call that woke me up, I thought that was cool.

*Then I sold my 2nd one last week, the guy said he seen some talk on the site about "some guy named Tony". I will be posting my first thread on here tonight.

countach.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

"but he's a better seller for it in the long run. Even if he can observe the dynamics of the varied comments here, he can better understand the varied personalities he could be selling to" - SingleSeat.

My Grand Father would agree with SingleSeat here 100%, its what he always taught me.

:icon_pidu: Ok, now you can help sponsor the site...LOL

Reminds me a lot of my story and I'll bet I'm not the only one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm sure there are a number of guys named Tony in Florida who like or may own a Countach.

To be clear, I have never sold a bad Countach to anyone.

I am the restorer of record of the Cannonball Countach as well as currently restoring Brian's LP400S2.

I am the person who started the DeLorean Motor Company Franchises in 2004 and still own the southeast territory.

I am also the Shelby and Superformance dealer for Florida as well as a full service Dyno & speed shop.

My Auto Itala division services and restores vintage, classic & modern Italian cars.

I work and have a good relationship with a number of dealers and vendors across the country.

I changed my username a while ago to be my actual name so people would not confuse me with others.

I wish Tony Rienzi the best of luck with his business.

Tony Ierardi

Gulf Coast Motorworks

Hi guys,

I'm sure there are a number of guys named Tony in Florida who like or may own a Countach.

To be clear, I have never sold a bad Countach to anyone.

I am the restorer of record of the Cannonball Countach as well as currently restoring Brian's LP400S2.

I am the person who started the DeLorean Motor Company Franchises in 2004 and still own the southeast territory.

I am also the Shelby and Superformance dealer for Florida as well as a full service Dyno & speed shop.

My Auto Itala division services and restores vintage, classic & modern Italian cars.

I work and have a good relationship with a number of dealers and vendors across the country.

I changed my username a while ago to be my actual name so people would not confuse me with others.

I wish Tony Rienzi the best of luck with his business.

Tony Ierardi

Gulf Coast Motorworks

And from what Ive heard, you are very good at what you do!