2013 mercedes sl65

q8ylambo

didn't they say that they will ditch the V12 ?

and 240k euro ? ......

Mercedes has released the first details and images of the V12-powered SL 65 AMG ahead of its scheduled unveiling at the New York Auto Show next month.

The route of its personality is generated from AMG's 6.0-litre V12 biturbo engine that generates 630 PS (463 kW / 621 hp) whilst peak torque is electronically limited to 1000Nm (737 lb-ft). It is paired with the new AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic transmission system that has been developed with fuel efficiency in mind and has a choice of four different driver selectable modes: Efficiency ©, Sport (S), Sport plus (S+) and Manual (M).

The new SL 65 AMG features what is described as an intelligent lightweight construction that has knocked 170kg off the kerb weight and a similar theme is adopted on the upgraded AMG sports suspension. Mercedes has also highlighted the new electromechanical AMG speed-sensitive sports steering which adjusts in line with the suspension mode.

The new model is well capable of beating its predecessor if performance figures are to be believed. It accelerates from 0-100kph (0-62mph) in 4 seconds until hitting an electronically limited top speed of 250kph (155mph). Fuel economy figures have also been shaved by 17% with 11.6 liters now required to travel 100km.

The 2013 SL 65 AMG is the first model to wear the new AMG brand face on its front fascia. It features a new "twin blade" radiator grille in high-sheen chrome with the Mercedes logo mounted on the center. The electrohydraulically operated vario-roof can be retracted in under 20 seconds.

The new 2013 Mercedes SL 65 AMG will launch in the German market in September with prices starting at 236,334 euros.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/112032042561/2...d#ixzz1pf5Qx8wY

I'm pretty sure that price is inclusive of taxes. So deduct 20% from it. Still crazy money imo for a Merc, also the 65 amg depreciation is brutal.

I like it. Price is retarded though. Great useable car but not sure I would take one over an SLS vert.

interior looks good aside from the center stack, looks cheap, same that comes in the C class....

I like it. Price is retarded though. Great useable car but not sure I would take one over an SLS vert.

Ditto. Doesn't make sense imo.

The performance is great for a reliable DD. The price is high but as seen from the other 63 variants, they apparently have a market.

So it looks like an SLS, and actually costs MORE than the SLS...

Nah this won't cause even faster depreciation than the SLS is already seeing in the market, not at all. :icon_thumleft:

Why are the 65 cars, SL65, G65, all of a sudden costing so much?

Yeah there is massive price inflation going on right now from some of the more luxury marques, just look at the Porsche 991...insane base price increase versus the 997, far beyond their traditional % adjustment for a new platform introduction.

Possibly a reflection of the strength of new markets (Asia, Russia, Middle East) leading to price gouging.

Who would have ever thought a decade ago that we'd be talking about a $200k+ freaking SL by now... :shock:

The 2005 sl65 silver arrow I had in 05 stickered at 196. I got it a couple months old with 4k miles at what I thought was a steal at around 160k. Sold it at the end of 2006 with 10k miles for around 115. Buying a new 65 anything these days is for fools or for the people that don't feel 50-60k in instant depreciation.

I know the old vs new debate, however $200k is gently used AM DBS money and surely not far from CGT Super Sports, which would make it pretty difficult to hand over that kind of money for an SL65.