capt_chaos

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mario is on his way... I despair. I just cannot do with his inconsistent performance and consistent sideshow.

Suarez was always going to be tough to replace but...

Mario is on his way... I despair. I just cannot do with his inconsistent performance and consistent sideshow.

Suarez was always going to be tough to replace but...

IMO importance of Suarez for Liverpool is blown out of proportion. Yes, he scored a lot of goals but a lot of them were scored in 3-0 or 4-0 matches against bottom half of the table teams. Last weekend Canal+ pundits here mentioned that even though Sturridge had scored like 10 goals less then Suarez, his goals earned Liverpool more points.

By the way, I finally started playing Fanatsy Premier League. My score from first gameweek was pretty miserable (37) but it seems like fun. Already used a wildcard to change the whole squad :D

Oh yeah I have seen those stats and I hope that carries on through but... he did put them away and I just don't think enough has been done at the back to tighten the defence whilst I just cannot see Mario being a game changer.

I just think he is a side show, somewhere like Spurs need him ie he is great fun when he is playing for someone else. There is a reason he has been to so many clubs at such a young age. Sure you could say the same about Sturridge but he went to clubs that had money and he was young and unproven, all of a sudden he gets first team football and kapoow. Mario has had first team football but look at his work rate.

You know what, I would rather have Borini.

Suarez is a genius. I can't wait to see if that collective pile of madness can produce works of art in Barca or flame out. I hope it's impressive no matter what!

Oh yeah I have seen those stats and I hope that carries on through but... he did put them away and I just don't think enough has been done at the back to tighten the defence whilst I just cannot see Mario being a game changer.

I just think he is a side show, somewhere like Spurs need him ie he is great fun when he is playing for someone else. There is a reason he has been to so many clubs at such a young age. Sure you could say the same about Sturridge but he went to clubs that had money and he was young and unproven, all of a sudden he gets first team football and kapoow. Mario has had first team football but look at his work rate.

You know what, I would rather have Borini.

At 16m it's still worth the risk.

In other news, Real looked awful yesterday. I'm furious that Di Maria is leaving! Yeah, he wants a large payrise but his unpredictablility is game changing.

I just think he is a side show, somewhere like Spurs need him ie he is great fun when he is playing for someone else.

I certainly wouldn't want Mario at Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...

It is silly season. No clubs are playing because of intentional matches so the lets pull the BS meter out and see what we have in today's stories.

Mike Ashley is also looking to sell Newcastle in order to fund his Rangers adventure, reports the Telegraph.

Ashley is 'willing to offload it for around £230 million, which includes repayment of the £129 million he is owed in the form of interest-free loans,' much to the delight of the Toon Army.

Seems legit, no register on the meter

Tottenham Hotspur owner Joe Lewis is looking to sell the club for a humongous £1bn, according to the Daily Mirror.

Lewis, who bought the club for around £22m in 2001, has apparently been looking to cash in for some time.

However, the Mirror reports that 'there has so far been no interest as any potential buyers will need to assume the financial burden of the club's new stadium - said to be around £400million.'

£1bn!!!

One Billion GBP?!!!???!! For Spurs?

I can see Spurs owner wanting to sell... but the price is setting off alarms on the BS meter.

Daily Express report that Chelsea are preparing a bid for Cristiano Ronaldo next summer.

The Express' says United have set aside £60m to bring the Real Madrid man back to Old Trafford, and are ready to offer more than his current £290,000-a-week deal.

However, due to Jose Mourinho's "close bond" with the Portuguese superstar, the Blues are apparently keeping tabs over Ronaldo's availability.

According to the paper, Real Madrid 'could reluctantly part ways with Ronaldo if the player pushes for a move, with some outlets naming Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus and Blues winger Eden Hazard as potential replacements.'

Meter is smashing into the red line limit.

There is NO WAY Ronaldo will leave Madrid, and if (huge if) that ever happens I can only see him going back to Man Utd.

Btw I'm pondering who to replace injured Sturridge in my FPL squad with. Costa (light injury, not sure if he'll play this week) or Falcao? Can't go for Aguero, already have 3 City players in the squad. Any suggestions?

:icon_mrgreen:

BrnzGvnCcAAQuu8.jpg

He just looks like he lives in the woods.

Btw I'm pondering who to replace injured Sturridge in my FPL squad with. Costa (light injury, not sure if he'll play this week) or Falcao? Can't go for Aguero, already have 3 City players in the squad. Any suggestions?

Tough one this weekend.

Falcao will be interesting but unproven at this level, for the over 300k pounds a week you expect him to be banging in hat tricks but I think the squad needs to blance and settle.

Welbeck is an option. Seriously I think he will do well at Arsenal long term but not this weekend, City will dispense a dicking.

Ordinarily I would suggest someone from the Swansea frontline like Sigurdsson, Bony or Dyer but again, playing Chelski is going to be tough.

So the forward with the best option of scoring imo is Lukaku at Everton against West Brom.

So the forward with the best option of scoring imo is Lukaku at Everton against West Brom.

I've decided to take Falcao, they play QPR so a good opponent for a debut. Here's my team.

post-11539-1410528178_thumb.jpg

Not a bad pair of goals from him at the weekend eh Ancelotti?!

I actually rate little pea.

Things are getting pretty interesting in the PL. Van Gaal's start is even worse than Moyes', Liverpool is a copy of last season's Tottenham, and then this...

post-11539-1411473202_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ronaldo now has 13 goals in 6 league games and 3 hattricks in the last 4 games. Unbelievable stats. 257 games in total for RM, 269 goals.

The guy is a machine.

I have to have a moan though... There are loads of compilation videos of him on youtube. Watch how many are of him doing utterly pointless stepovers which are ineffective. Then he falls over.

But what a player. I don't know what he is going to do with the Liverpool defence though in cl. That is going to be Titantic viewing.

Well tonight is interesting.

City give away a lead. Chelsea are cruising... and someone really has pissed of Bayern and Schalke.

Tomorrow night is going to be a bloodbath at Anfield. Seriously I cannot watch as there is no room behind the sofa to hide. Ronaldo and co will run rings around Liverpool. It is not even funny and I am not writing this as some form of reverse psychology, it is going to be murder.