Valve Disconnect with Pic

j09333

Needed: Coin, hexagon screw driver, somthing to plug the hose like screw or golf tee, etc...

Have no idea how to insert instructions in between pic....

First pic: use coin

Third pic: use hand to unscrew rubber thing and use hexagon driver for 2 middle ones.

Last pic: hose to plug. I used 3M tape to plug holes and put hose back on.

Good luck to all...especially Bill!

post-4347-1336913454_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913466_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913473_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913484_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913495_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913506_thumb.jpg

post-4347-1336913516_thumb.jpg

Dear J09333

Thanks a lot for posting pics, I know you are busy driving your car so taking time to post pics is much appreciated. I'm going to try to do the procedure tomorrow. Will post results.

Thanks again Buddy!!

Just did it, easy as hell thanks to J09333

The car sounds insane, louder than hell with a very deep throaty sound. Didn't drive the car yet since it's wet and foggy here this morning but at idle, the car sounds awesome.

Just unscrew the 8 crews with a coin, with the two rubbery ones, use your finger to unscrew and the two center ones you need a star screwdriver. Once the lid is off, pull out the 1.5 inch rubber tube off from both ends. Then plug the ends with some tape and slip the hose back on....put lid back on and you are done. The pics J09333 posted above was enough to show me how to do it, no need for video at all.

Thanks again J09333. Members like you are an asset to this site!!

Thank you for your kind words and thank you First for your being firlst one to trying out.

Teamspeed member mentions about Cel light on by doing this but nontheless it is worth trying.

I for one had an issue yet.

we will see...

best regards and safe driving.

jo93333, everytime i got a midengine car with valves, thats the first thing i do. I hate the anemic lurking and surging feel of them when they valves are closed.

But I can reconfirm they do no post CELs. Aventador is very sensitive to CELs mostly due to emission related matter. I have a few popped up and I can clear them with my Lambo VAS but everytime I see the code, it is not of major concern for those who does not have a VAS. It is mostly emission related and sometimes improperly screwed gas cap can also trigger the CELs. Happen to me few times now. And another one is intermittent current over voltage for the rear camera fan. As long as the thing is intermittent and not static faults, nothing much to be concern off at all.

All owners must devalve the car. It sounds wondeful! Even sounds even better then the 670sv. Trust me I heard both side by side now.

Why not just go to autozone (or hardware store) and pick up a straight section of hose connector to replace the T-connector? It will cost around $2.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics. Going to try and convince DoctaM3 to give it a try so we can get some nice before/after audio.

Why not just go to autozone (or hardware store) and pick up a straight section of hose connector to replace the T-connector? It will cost around $2.

Nick

That or they do sell rubber vacuum caps for that very purpose as well.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessori...ier=720714_0_0_

PS, those hex things are commonly called Allen Wrenches, as opposed to the six point star drivers called Torx.

Will someone take a video of a start up with the valve disconnect. I would like to hear what the car sound like! Maybe even a few revs.

To All,

Anybody try this with the Newport Beach Exhaust?? i know they have valves as well. Worried about CEL.

Please advise

Tkx

T

To All,

Anybody try this with the Newport Beach Exhaust?? i know they have valves as well. Worried about CEL.

OK....I could not wait! I just did the mod........... Question........to plug the two ends, two pieces of tape? You do not have to plug screw ???? Not sure how much suction and do not want any damage.

Please advise

Tkx

T

Very cool to do the step-by-step! I am intrigued. Anyone have a video? How loud is it when you are driving in strada around town? Will I wake the neighbors?

Very cool to do the step-by-step! I am intrigued. Anyone have a video? How loud is it when you are driving in strada around town? Will I wake the neighbors?

Before I disconnected my, my wife said tat she couldn't her me coming home, now with it disconnected, she can hear me coming home. There is big difference but now loud enough to wake up neighbors. I can do it for you when we get together!

Before I disconnected my, my wife said tat she couldn't her me coming home, now with it disconnected, she can hear me coming home. There is big difference but now loud enough to wake up neighbors. I can do it for you when we get together!

Sounds Great!!

• 4 months later...